Right Way to Handle Mod Bug?

In getting ready for the TW that locks today, I want to move a mod set from one of my arena characters to a different character for TW lock... but with our understanding of the mod-set bug, when I put it back on my arena character (for fighting in arena), the stats will no longer be available to the character for TW.

What is the official "right" way to work around this bug? I'd like to move my mods before the lock, but it's been shown that doesn't matter. If I move them before I attack, I run the risk of "violating ToS" because it would look like I'm exploiting this bug.

I want my mods in the right spot and I don't want to "exploit" this bug... please advise as how to do this the right way.

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Put your mods where you want them for the tw. Select all characters from the scrolling window on the left, not squad selection.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Put your mods where you want them for the tw. Select all characters from the scrolling window on the left, not squad selection.

This.

Moving the mods will not cause any issues with the lock if you dont use the squad management section to pick your teams.

Also, here is the dev statement:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    ...If we detect excessive mod moving in Grand Arena, we will issue you a warning and continual abuse of this exploit will result in a game ban. We had not addressed this publicly because we didn't want to increase the visibility of the exploit before we had a fix deployed.

As you can see here, if you are not going out of your way to exploit this you have no issues. If you do so by accident you will also be give a little slack.
This discussion has been closed.