GA Defense Assistance

https://swgoh.gg/p/983744743/

My cr*p there...

I'm wondering if anyone has any top-notch GA defense squads (specifically 5man but 3man advice is appreciated as well) that I could smash out with my current inventory.
I focused in on a select *few* squads (this: prior to GA launch) since I was mostly doing SA stuff. At the time I figured hey I'm only using one squad - I'm relatively new - my best course of action is to focus on one or two squads instead of wastinbmy time diversifying tying to keep up with peeps been playing for years before I started right?
Now I'm having trouble in GA Becaus EI just can't field SO many full 5man squads - who are 'competetive' - and most of my first string squads I wanna save for offense usually. So like my BH are pretty dialed in - but IMO BH suck anyway defense GA and SA alike so definitely that's an offense group. So I have a 'bunch' of really good (at my level) individual *toons* but they're all scattered around not feasible like 'FO' or 'Reb' *squads* per se.

Basically can anyone suggest to me a few mixed or neutral groups who could actually make a decent showing of themselves in GA defense? Drawing from the pool I'm working with hopefully.
And I know you guys love to talk and tell me how dumb I am (typically; lmao) so maybe if anyone has suggestions where I should focus my upgrading and gearing efforts so that in the near future I could put together a few actual *universally accepted* A1 defense squads into play maybe next round of GA / moving forward....
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options
    As a bit of an addendum I might add...

Here's the three 5 squads I threw into the fracas for the currently setup-phase GA round...

Ackbar (L), Old Ben, Fulcrum, KJarrus, JC: 48K power

ImpTroopers like this: Veers (L), Starck, RT, MT, Snow: 47K power. I almost feel like IT is another one like BH that can be GREAT - - - on offense. Am I wrong are they any good defending? I always SMOKE these guys when I catch them running defense but I wanted ONE cohesive *squad* and they're usually not NEEDED 100% on my offense rounds...

This last one is just a smash up counterattack total grab bag that I thought might be an interesting strategy to attempt. I wasn't too scared the guy I'm paired with this round - pfffff! If I don't *forget to attack* which could very well happen - no chance I can lose he's outclassed so I was fooling around experimenting with this:
    Embo (L; counterattack squad right?), Cad Bane, Dooku, Zaalbar, Gar Saxon. I figure on Banes and on Dookus counters, Saxon will hit twice on top of each of the others hitting twice right? Kick them in the nuts 4 times every time they slap my wrist lol? Think it'll work? Idk I'll keep you guys posted.
    Sorry for the long post : ( !!
  • Options
    If you’re using Jango lead, I find that bounty hunters are really good for offense. If you’re using a Bossk lead, it’s great on defense IF he has high tenacity and if Dengar is with him. Bossk, Boba, Dengar for 3v3, Bossk, jango, Dengar, Boba, and Embo for 5v5

First Order is great for defense too. You mentioned imperial troopers. They are fantastic on offense and not great of defense. That being said, magmatrooper is not one you want to run with that squad. He’s far better paired with Thrawn. I would place Shoretrooper in his place.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Options
    The best defensive squad you can currently field is Bastila Jedi, in my opinion
  • Kodiak_Skywalker
    49 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    No I'm asking about mahsup squads. I mean: I think I can figure out how to build actual squads of the same affiliations. I needed help with NEUTRAL or MIXED squads...

Thank you guys though for your ideas. I need to work on my Bossk and dengar if I want to do that but if you say it's worth it I will invest in dengar now.
    I keep my bast jedi for in case I come up against an 'extremely' good squad they're my only top notch backup squad but I should prob he running them defense you're right really. But it's hard to beat another bastilla squad with BH or Emp sith which are m only two really good offense squads.

I don't have shore. I know it sucks. I was working on him when revans came out and now I've been selling out ALL my farm energy on KOTOR but haven't 7*d any KOTOR toons yet so haven't put any resources into actually gearing and levelling any of them up. I'm lazy lol
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Options
    The trick with neutral or mixed squads is the leader. You’d need a leader who can help everyone on the squad, regardless of faction. The only leaders you have like that are Boba Fett, Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, & Rex. Rex has the best mixed leader ability of those, but is the lowest gear.

The vast majority of characters in the game work best on faction squads. If you’re forming a mixed squad, it’s helpful to have an attacker, a tank, and a healer/reviver plus 2 others of your choice.
  • Options
    Ok cool. I'm not a TOTAL noob at the game but yes @Kai_Mulai; that is some good general advice that'll help me to keep in mind. I know I need to do a ton of work across the board on many different facets of my collection. That's why I'm kind of stuck running non-faction stuff on a lot of these events which require you to dig really deep to the bottom of your inventory. Being a newer player leaves me running to keep up with about the past - maybe three - big meta shifts and prior to that I'm pretty much empty lol. But thanks again
  • Options
    I get that you want help with neutral and mixed squads but the reality is that until you have a ton of really high geared up toons, mixed teams won’t perform consistently.

Like previously said, Rex is generally seen as the best mixed squad leader, and Thrawn is also a fantastic plug and play toon too
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Options
    Ok cool. I'm not a TOTAL noob at the game but yes @Kai_Mulai; that is some good general advice that'll help me to keep in mind. I know I need to do a ton of work across the board on many different facets of my collection. That's why I'm kind of stuck running non-faction stuff on a lot of these events which require you to dig really deep to the bottom of your inventory. Being a newer player leaves me running to keep up with about the past - maybe three - big meta shifts and prior to that I'm pretty much empty lol. But thanks again

That’s the trick when you ask for mixed teams. There are a handful of characters that can be used in almost any lineup, but you need them geared up to be useful and you just don’t have many of them.

In my opinion (and I realize you didn’t ask for this), your best bet is to farm and gear up one team at a time that will unlock legendary characters, and then build the teams around those characters. That will take time, and you’ll lose grand arena matches while you’re doing it, but it’s still the best way I know of to get a number of solid teams.