can we get something to do in this game???

Azazel61
68 posts Member
edited May 2019
Never any PvE events on, any plans to add some things to do??? Besides look at your roster...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah what that guy said! We havent got any interesting repeating PVE content since the sith raid more than a year ago!
  • Options
    Joking aside, you joined the forums in December of 2018. Either you’re a mega-whale and bought everything already, or you aren’t doing the daily things you need to do to progress your roster. I’ve been playing for 2+ years and there’s still stuff for me to do every time I log in, which is at least 5x a day.
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I've been playing for a few years. Have most legendaries (missing DR, Malek or Padme). Totally agree with OP.

I play everyday. I play the sole event spanning the weekend, and I play all of the zero events which occur mid week. Yeah sorry - not counting training droid et al events.

It would be really nice to have something to do.

Want to know what I did today? Auto'd the Mace Capital ship event, and spent 5-10 minutes fighting in GA. Got shards for the shard shop. 2 minutes effort (if you can call 2 clicks effort). Want to know what else is available today? Simming all the usual gumph and checking the stores. Yea!
    ... you joined the forums in December of 2018.

Joining the forums, concerns joining the forums. It's no indication of when the OP started playing.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Second this. Most of what we have is either stale or just autoplay and roster progress is painfully slow with hard nodes as the default farming mode. Hopefully the new TB brings a breath of fresh air, but I am very cautious in my optimism...
  • Options
    1. Territory War
    2. Territory Battle
    3. Arena
    4. Fleet Arena
    5. Grand Arena
    6. Raids x3 several times/week
  • Options
    It would be nice if they added some more pve content that is actually fun to play, so not everyone will just autoplay them as soon as possible. Some older events for example were great, but newer legendaries just have the same set-up and background over and over, just with increasing difficulty. Remember the Thrawn event where you had to fight through different stages of the Star Destroyer and only the last stage brought you into the beautiful office full of artwork? I remember having a lot of fun with it. While the Chewie event, in comparison, was no fun to me, and not only because of the rng, but much more because every stage of the event looked the same.
    With this in mind, back to the actual topic... what about adding some kind of long-lasting pve event that can be done at any time? A little bit like Galactic War, but more in the style of an event where the journey leads to something in the end, not just random fights. The rewards would not have to be huge as it would be more meant to have fun playing than doing it for rewards.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Let's leave out the inappropriate sexual references please. There's zero need for them.
  • Options
    ... you joined the forums in December of 2018.

Joining the forums, concerns joining the forums. It's no indication of when the OP started playing.

I would agree with you, however looking at his previous posts in that short amount of time kind of shows where his roster is at, comparatively. Any “long time” player that’s so far into the game they c an complain about not having anything to do should know the value of Number Crunch.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Options
    Easy solution: Use another mobile game a supplement... There are both Marvel and Looney Toons versions of this kind of game out there, or go for something entirely different.
  • Options
    Ya know ... you are not required to autoplay anything. Maybe try thinking about which move to use next instead of mashing autoplay and letting the AI think for you. Maybe try a new squad if you are so bored with the ones you have been using. Maybe try leaving a few characters at the g8-g10 level to give yourself a challenge in the PvE.
    At it's root, this game is about making a squad of 5 heroes and doing a battle. That's all it is. Over and over and over ad nauseum. The devs make new battles from time-to-time for you to autoplay and inevitably complain about, but you can also make new battles to autoplay for yourself simply by mixing up your squad. Ta-da, instant new content and all you had to do was choose a different leader.
    There are ways to keep the content more lively than just watching TV, but you might have to put a little effort into it.
  • Options
    Joking aside, you joined the forums in December of 2018. Either you’re a mega-whale and bought everything already, or you aren’t doing the daily things you need to do to progress your roster. I’ve been playing for 2+ years and there’s still stuff for me to do every time I log in, which is at least 5x a day.

Nope, 2 year player with 50+ g12s. Only DR and Malak not unlocked.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    1. Territory War
    2. Territory Battle
    3. Arena
    4. Fleet Arena
    5. Grand Arena

It that doesn’t keep ya busy I don’t know what will.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Ya know ... you are not required to autoplay anything. Maybe try thinking about which move to use next instead of mashing autoplay and letting the AI think for you. Maybe try a new squad if you are so bored with the ones you have been using. Maybe try leaving a few characters at the g8-g10 level to give yourself a challenge in the PvE.
    At it's root, this game is about making a squad of 5 heroes and doing a battle. That's all it is. Over and over and over ad nauseum. The devs make new battles from time-to-time for you to autoplay and inevitably complain about, but you can also make new battles to autoplay for yourself simply by mixing up your squad. Ta-da, instant new content and all you had to do was choose a different leader.
    There are ways to keep the content more lively than just watching TV, but you might have to put a little effort into it.

I would have agreed with you some time ago, but why would I manually play content I've played a million times before? None of that is a challenge if you've been playing long enough.

The only thing I'm actually enjoying atm is grand arena, and it's not more than 10 minutes a day
  • EffAPublicEyeD
    242 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    1. Territory War
    2. Territory Battle
    3. Arena
    4. Fleet Arena
    5. Grand Arena

1. <5 minutes to set Defense. Saving it all for offense instead? Still less than an hour to burn thru your entire roster.
    2. <15 minutes a day. That includes Combat Missions.
    3. This one varies. Some sim the battles just for the daily. <10 minutes. Some make an effort. ~30 minutes?
    4. See 3.
    5. Like arena, some put forth an effort. Some don't. I cannot set D in 2 minutes tops then clear the board in 10.
    6. 5 seconds to join a simmed Pit raid. 5 seconds to hit "auto" for the Tank. HSTR? 30 minutes? 45? Depends on your roster and RNG.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    1. Territory War
    2. Territory Battle
    3. Arena
    4. Fleet Arena
    5. Grand Arena

1. <5 minutes to set Defense. Saving it all for offense instead? Still less than an hour to burn thru your entire roster.
    3. This one varies. Some sim the battles just for the daily. <10 minutes. Some make an effort. ~30 minutes?
    4. See 3.
    5. Like arena, some put forth an effort. Some don't. I cannot set D in 2 minutes tops then clear the board in 10.
    6. 5 seconds to join a simmed Pit raid. 5 seconds to hit "auto" for the Tank. HSTR? 30 minutes? 45? Depends on your roster and RNG.

I feel like if you are choosing not to make an effort in the game modes available to you you don’t get to complain that there is nothing to do in the game.
  • Url_Enako
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I’m going on my 3rd year. I still do, in fact, play my GW every day just to test new squads and as SOME form of entertainment... the others are so far beneath my abilities that you can’t even touch the event without accidentally squashing your opponent. So I happily simulate the rest.

The OP is correct in saying the game is lacking daily content, and it’s gotten worse with the decision to cut some of the daily events duration in half.

The game needs something like a personal arena, where you can fight against the rest of your roster? Maybe something like an iron man tournament (similar to GW) where you keep fighting against different squads... How about personal Raids?

It needs something more to do ‘cause as of right now, it’s more grind/farm than actual game.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    1. Territory War
    2. Territory Battle
    3. Arena
    4. Fleet Arena
    5. Grand Arena

4. See 3.

I feel like if you are choosing not to make an effort in the game modes available to you you don’t get to complain that there is nothing to do in the game.

This, and how much time do you WANT a mobile game to take up in your life? As much as a console game? Because that’s probably not going to happen.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    1. Territory War
    2. Territory Battle
    3. Arena
    4. Fleet Arena
    5. Grand Arena

4. See 3.

This, and how much time do you WANT a mobile game to take up in your life? As much as a console game? Because that’s probably not going to happen.

^ This. Agreed.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • BeralCator
    791 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I think it's less the lack of things to do, but rather the lack of *new* things to do.

Let's take a look from that perspective.

Territory War - This is actually my favorite game mode, although the removal of the bonuses has made it far less dynamic and interesting. As we're doing vanilla TWs (and because we win 80% of the time), we set more or less the same defense. Attacking is the same predictable counters - Ewoks vs. KRU, Troopers vs. NS, JTR vs. Bossk, Palp vs. Padme, Revan mirrors, Falcon mirrors. The most fun is actually at the end when there's weird hodge-podge teams or you're B or C teams while still trying to max out your points.

This *could* be more fun if they expanded the number of teams (rosters have grown in size quite significantly since it was introduced). The Revan mirrors are boring, but the weird filler teams at the bottom of the roster are fun and interesting. Or bring back better-tested and play-balanced bonuses.

Territory Battle - Really stale. Days 1-4 are basically autopilot, with numerous guild members not even getting to participate beyond the special missions. There are one or two interesting assault missions (Rogue One or DSTB Day 6 Special Mission), but beyond that everyone can largely auto the rest of it. There are just too many good teams to make roster management a concern. I sometimes try to make it more challenging by using B or C Rebels or Jedi, but it shouldn't be *my* responsibility to solve the shortcomings of the game mode.

Arena - If you're in the top 200 this is just awful. I'm probably sacrificing 50 ranks by running a CLS team, just so I don't have to do Revan mirror matches, and the poor people like me who run non-Revan teams are punished by being attacked relentlessly. For most people, it's the same matchup 5 times a day with slightly different speeds, or maybe one character swapped.

Fleet Arena - Even worse. My experience is fighting 5 Ackbar/Falcon fleets and decided whether to double-tank or run Bistan to counter their double-tank or Bistan.

Grand Arena - This is sometimes fun, and sometimes terrible. I don't have Malak, so my experience may not be typical, but I do get a sense of satisfaction in outsmarting people with better rosters some of the time. However, when I end up in a bracket with 6 Malaks, I'm basically checking out until the last round when I face the other minnow. Again, it's like TW where it's the same combinations of teams and counters, and the most fun experiences are when I'm trying to take out a good team with trash; today I took out a very good G12 Nightsister team with random teams by strategically killing one character and then running out the clock. That was fun. Killing Bossk with Troopers or KRU with Ewoks; less fun.

Raids x3 several times/week - The Pit is simmed, and it's been auto solo for over a year (or whenever I got Raid Han to 7*). HAAT is also soloable, but it's painfully slow and tedious; don't want to spend 40-60 minutes doing the same thing over and over. HSTR is also over a year old, and my guild finishes it in a few hours; I generally only get to use one team per phase if I participate, and it's always the same teams if I want to get good rewards.

Tl;dr - TB and Raids haven't changed in forever. Fleets has had 1 meta for nearly 6 months, while arena has had 2. TW and GA can both be kind of fun once you get past the "stock" teams that everyone uses; otherwise it's repetitive in the same way regular arena is.