Glad I didn't omega Dooku

Ninjah9
906 posts Member
Just went up against a gear 11 with team with Dooku. I made the mistake of killing him last. To my utter amazement he picked part five gear 12 jedi on Bastilla lead (including yoda!) And my jedi are no push overs. Because he didnt have any allies left his stealth had no effect, and when he gained "riposte" he picked apart my team with counter attacks straight to their health. The stupid thing about the omega of this ability is that it puts him under stealth. What is the point of a counter attack buff if the unit is hiding!? He is very deadly with this buff, and I never plan on getting the omega; he is far more effective if you dont...

Replies

• Options
    Does being stealthed stop you countering? I thought it only stopped the counter if the attacker was stealthed?
  • Options
    That omega might be of some use when countering JKA in a Padmé team. Because of the stealth, basically only JKA (and possibly GMY) can hit your attackers, triggering 4 counters directly going for health. Since he is squishy, you can get him out of the way early.
    I'm not sure how the fight picks up from there, but without the stealth it's easier to trigger JKA's unique and have your team wiped prematurely.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Does being stealthed stop you countering? I thought it only stopped the counter if the attacker was stealthed?
    If you're stealthed the only way you get hit at all is an AOE
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    If you're stealthed the only way you get hit at all is an AOE

Unless there are no other allies without stealth. In this case Dooku was the last man standing and hence could be targetted even when stealth.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    That omega might be of some use when countering JKA in a Padmé team. Because of the stealth, basically only JKA (and possibly GMY) can hit your attackers, triggering 4 counters directly going for health. Since he is squishy, you can get him out of the way early.
    I'm not sure how the fight picks up from there, but without the stealth it's easier to trigger JKA's unique and have your team wiped prematurely.

The stealthed allies dont directly damage their health pool, only dooku with riposte.

Honestly I wonder if this ability is working as intended, because this is really dumb. Now if he stealthed all his allies leaving only him self to target this ability could be amazing. And as for him being "squishy" hes actually not when hes countering the whole time. That's how he was able to shred my team. Every attack he would counter and gain protection (sometimes twice in a row) while your team is losing direct health. Keep in mind he does extra damage, and gains tm. My Yoda was 271 speed and he was running circles around him.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    This post doesn't make sense..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

He realised the power of dooku's counter attacks and doesn't see the point of a counter attacker that has stealth. Pretty clear to me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »

He realised the power of dooku's counter attacks and doesn't see the point of a counter attacker that has stealth. Pretty clear to me.
    let me give you a hint why i think it doesn't make sense:
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Just went up against a gear 11 with team with Dooku. I made the mistake of killing him last.

Does it still make sense to you?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Daze is a thing...
  • Options

Just went up against a gear 11 with team with Dooku. I made the mistake of killing him last.

The "gear 11 with team with" is the part that needs highlighting the rest makes perfect sense
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Killing him last is the part that doesn’t make sense. Stealth or no stealth he’s going to get attacked
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    If you let the timer go down to zero you don't have to kill him.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I'd say calling it a mistake is what doesn't make sense, if anything.

During the dooku/nihilus meta, I'd always kill dooku last. Why let him weaken your team while there are still multiple enemies up to finish off someone who was only in that range thanks to attacking dooku.
  • Options
    Phern wrote: »
    Killing him last is the part that doesn’t make sense. Stealth or no stealth he’s going to get attacked

That is true, but what OP is saying is it kind of a waste to give him a powerful counterattacking ability along with stealth. So by giving him an omega, you're essentially reducing the chance he will get attacked in the first place which wastes his powerful riposte ability... it's especially wasteful if you have his unique zeta'd because you want him being attacked directly more often to trigger more counters.

I think it would've been better if rather than stealthing him, they would've given him undispellable crit immunity or something like that.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options

I mean yeah he added an extra 'with' but I've done the same type of mistakes many times so i just put that down to an accident.

To me, hes point is, this dooku probably had the omega but the fact that he left dooks until last meant the stealth actually didn't matter, he could attack him anyway and so dooku would counter.

Then that lead him to the conclusion above... why give a good counter attacker the stealth mechanic?
  • Options
    Shouldn't have saved Dooku for last...

If he is stealthed u have to kill him last tho...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    I think the op answered his own question :).

You made a mistake by killing him last? So with omega he would hide under stealth, so you always would kill him last right? Without omega, you can kill him right away.

So I would say, that his omega is pretty decent, as he will be tough to beat right away, so that means more counters, even by aoe. And than he is last Man standing, so more counters.

Edit:
    Hmm so seems you've already said this..my bad :)

I disagree he only becomes deadly after his team is gone. Not a winning strategy, I would way rather have him doing damage earlier in the fight
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku is easiest to deal with when you target him last.

All putting the omega on him does is make it so it's harder to kill him in the harder way to kill him.

Basically the omega is kind of worthless. If not putting him in stealth would make people attack him faster, then it would be worth something. As it is, all it does is ensure that the enemy will attack you in the way that's right for them (attacking Dooku last).

Basically putting the omega on Dooku has no chance of making Your team work better, but it will make the enemy's team work better.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

During the dooku/nihilus meta, I'd always kill dooku last. Why let him weaken your team while there are still multiple enemies up to finish off someone who was only in that range thanks to attacking dooku.

That was before dooku's rework
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I dont run either team so dont onow the mechanics, but is there a way to manipulate which ally gets marked by GG ability? Because Dooku with Mark sounds kinda fun.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I dont run either team so dont onow the mechanics, but is there a way to manipulate which ally gets marked by GG ability? Because Dooku with Mark sounds kinda fun.

No joy there, I’m afraid, GG unique targets “healthiest Droid ally”.

• Options
    ive been playing dooku a long time, 2015 start account, dooku one of my first couple characters to 7 star and until his update has always been on my sith team.

after the update due to a couple of zetas i was saving for i didnt train his new omega immediately... when i did though i must say it is noticable how much LESS damage he gets to contribute due to hiding in stealth after using the new omega ability. it was a detrimental upgrade. havent done the math but it was a pretty obvious change. no clue however as to how much survivability the stealth brings to the table really as it didnt seem to make a huge difference outside of without doubt reducing his counter attack opportunities.

all together...i regret training the new omega finally, and would not train it if given the opportunity to do it over.
  • Options
    ive been playing dooku a long time, 2015 start account, dooku one of my first couple characters to 7 star and until his update has always been on my sith team.

after the update due to a couple of zetas i was saving for i didnt train his new omega immediately... when i did though i must say it is noticable how much LESS damage he gets to contribute due to hiding in stealth after using the new omega ability. it was a detrimental upgrade. havent done the math but it was a pretty obvious change. no clue however as to how much survivability the stealth brings to the table really as it didnt seem to make a huge difference outside of without doubt reducing his counter attack opportunities.

all together...i regret training the new omega finally, and would not train it if given the opportunity to do it over.

Exactly what I'm trying to say. His new "Riposte" hits through protection, but only if he's counterattacking. While stealth does increase his survivability, it wastes that awesome new ability by reducing the chances he's targeted in the first place. Granting him crit immunity or something would've been much better. His fighting style is heavily influenced by fencing and he's known for moving so gracefully, so it would've made more sense lore-wise as well.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

That was before dooku's rework

The rework doesn't change the fact that attacking him early on leaves your characters vulnerable.

The omega really only helps someone attacking you on offense.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    willennium wrote: »

Exactly what I'm trying to say. His new "Riposte" hits through protection, but only if he's counterattacking. While stealth does increase his survivability, it wastes that awesome new ability by reducing the chances he's targeted in the first place. Granting him crit immunity or something would've been much better. His fighting style is heavily influenced by fencing and he's known for moving so gracefully, so it would've made more sense lore-wise as well.

This exactly 👌
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    willennium wrote: »

This exactly 👌

The omega really makes no sense, and only hinders his strengths. He gets "Riposte" for 2 turns then stealth for 2 turns. Unless hes the last one on his team he almost never counters.

I had this same problem with Droideka, I felt that his ability that increases his tm gain when opponents take turns, greatly reduces the total possible stacks of charge he can get. Remember he will already be gaining tm from GG lead, and b2. The second I leveled the ability all the way I instantly regretted it.

Remember in the early release footage he unloaded like 40+ stacks on BB-8 and did like HK-47 level damage. Leveling up his unique pretty much guranties that will never happen...