Best way to farm zetas????

i have only got 3 zetas and am having a hard time getting more ships to 4 stars. what ships should i use

Replies

• sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Short answer, work on ships. You’re hovering in the 300’s. You’re not going to do much there. It’s insanely easy to move up. You’ll have to refresh at least once a day to use 10 battles instead of 5 or what honestly looks like 1 battle for you. 50 crystals for more currency to buy zetas isn’t a bad trade.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Start working now on a good fleet for the future. Ship metas tend to change slowly, because the devs have only put in token effort for them. Even though it's likely that there will be a meta shift by the time you're ready, an Ackbar, Falcon, Hounds tooth, Phoenix fleet will likely boost you up quite a bit. Especially if you go hard after it now at a very early stage. It will be a looooooooong time before you see a payoff in better fleet rewards, but there are no fast solutions in this game. Even spending is meaningless due to how badly overpriced everything is. You have to dump thousands in very strategically to make any significant progress in the short term. Speaking of long term, do NOT spend fleet currency on anything but building your fleet to max, and can max the Zeta challenge. Buying Zetas with it early is cutting your own throat.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Just drop whatever else you're working on and go all in on your fleet. There are a bunch of good ships available in the GW store, which is a quick farm. The ship challenges, one of which will occasionally give you zetas, are really not very hard to beat - any 7* fleet with decently geared pilots (G9-10ish) should be able to beat them without much difficulty.

As for fleet arena, the current hotness is Rebels under Home One with Han's Falcon, but that's out of your reach at the moment. A good starter fleet that's very easy to farm is Biggs, Vader, & Imperial TIE. Vader takes a bit to 7*, but he's not the nightmare he once was since he appears in the fleet store now. Just make sure to keep some fleet currency banked so you can grab shards for him and his ship when you see them.

Later on, you'll want to work on the bounty hunter ships so you can get Han's Falcon. Hound's Tooth also remains the best ship tank in the game by a huge margin. After that you'll want to ensure you have a Rebel fleet to run with the Falcon: Biggs remains useful here, and the Phoenix and Rogue One ships are all excellent.

Also, are you in a guild that takes Territory War seriously? Those will give you some zetas, so if you're in a guild that just haphazardly slaps down defenses and attacks whatever they want all willy-nilly (most guilds), consider looking for a group that's more organized.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• DarthWok
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Fleet arena currency only goes to zeta mats.

Obviously you need some ships to make currency and that requires some shards to start with but once you have a slightly decent fleet, extra ships are obtained elsewhere.

Fleet arena currency ONLY goes to zeta mats..
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    DarthWok wrote: »

Obviously you need some ships to make currency and that requires some shards to start with but once you have a slightly decent fleet, extra ships are obtained elsewhere.

Worth noting that there are a handful of characters that are only regularly obtainable via fleet currency, so you'll need to pony up if you wanna get them. Fulcrum Tano, Chirrut Îmwe, couple others. Realistically Grievous since who wants to spend the insane shard shop costs for him.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, you definitely do not want to buy the Logray of Fleet from shard shop.

#wheresmyGGshards
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

#wheresmyGGshards
    Bit tall for an Ewok isn't he? ;)
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

#wheresmyGGshards
    Bit tall for an Ewok isn't he? ;)

warwick-ewoks.jpg
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    This is a subject that would actually make a decent poll.
  • Options
    Regarding fleet currency only going to Zeta mats.
    I disagree.

Zetas until arena chars all Zetad, maybe a few key others then pickup the other ships, GG, chirrut etc.

I got caught on the back foot when HMF got released, no Cassian etc.
    Now I have chirrut etc, only Gauntlet and GG left to get and the rest is going on zetas.

Keep building your fleet, never stop on it.
    Some fleet currency ensuring you have the ships for future meta changes is worth the short term spend on ships vs zetas.

Now I can just concentrate on zetas again
    (for reference, the above strategy has kept me top 10 in fleet, top 50 in squad since getting first/first. Also back to 1st/1st again now)
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    DarthWok wrote: »

^ Exactly. That’s where all mine goes. And cause I have all the ships and toons in the fleet store 7 star anyway.
    Post edited by KyJoe_Cool on
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    ive been stockpiling fleet currency, should i buy zetas
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    No, no no!
    Fleet Currency — Some should Initially on key ships and pilots!
    e.g Vader, Tie Advanced, Slave 1

You want to be getting a Top 5 finish daily = 300 to 400 crystals + more fleet currency
    EARLY FOCUS:
    Lightside Rebels 4+
    • Biggs, Wedge, Phantom and Ghost (Phantom and Ghost you are going to spend Fleet Currency on).
    • Optional = Both UWings (Rogue 1 is needed in TBattles), Bistans ship is a pain to gear but will give you a massive edge. Cassians = MFalc killer.
    Darkside
    • KRU and Tie Silencer - Same Node in Cantina.
    • Tie Advanced and Vader - Still a great ship (Fleet Currency needed)
    • Slave 1 - Fleet Currency needed
    • Optional = Tie Fighter, 3 Geos
    Characters
    • Boba, Cad Bane, IG88, Bossk, Vader, KRU
    • Phoenix team including Sabine, Wedge and Biggs.
    • AAckbar and Tarkin
    • Optional = Rogue 1, TFP and The 3 Geos.

Medium term plan = Farm the other 3 BH ships to unlock MFalc. In the meantime build up Rebels and a Darkside team of your choice.

Fleet Currency invested in getting a daily top 5 Fleet Arena finish is much more important than Zeta mats early on. You will have enough for both but it’s got to be split initially!
  • Options
    Also I’ve had to switch some Fleet Currency into Omega mats to upgrade my Ewoks fast - this is generally a bad idea. However, if you rapidly need lots of Omegas it will not harm you buying 3 to 5 once in a blue moon.