DST

Singleton28
320 posts Member
edited March 2016
Please respond to the numerous posts about the daylight savings time problem. I see where it is a known issue as you had a moderator close a thread because a couple of people were acting like children. Would've been nice if the moderator would have said something about it before closing the thread, even "this issue has been passed along to the dev team" is better than just closing the thread without saying anything about the topic at hand.
Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.

Replies

• Baron_Carnage
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Since Sunday everything is an hour off. 12, 6 and 9 for energy is now 1, 7 and 10. Reset is no longer at midnight but 1am. One would think EA would have thought about that.
  • Options
    According to a dev on the official forum, no. Probably not.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Great!! Thank you.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    I wish EA could fix Daylight savings time, it's such a waste of effort.
  • Options
    Yeah I wish the game came out during this time of year and went back an hour, 11am-8pm sounds more universal than 1pm-10pm. But I am sure this affects us all differently.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

I like it for arena. The only thing I find annoying is having to wait until 10 pm at night to take advantage of the energy refresh before going to bed.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options

I thought this was the official forum? Where is this other one to which you refer?
  • Options
    Meerava wrote: »

I thought this was the official forum? Where is this other one to which you refer?

Reddit because the dev on there is more active.
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »

I like it for arena. The only thing I find annoying is having to wait until 10 pm at night to take advantage of the energy refresh before going to bed.

I haven't seen a response from a dev on this forum about this
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    It's not broken. Come later this year in October is when the time will go back to what we are all use to.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The problem is not everyone worldwide observes DST so it could create advantages or disadvantages unintentionally where it pertains to squad arena times. That is all fine well and good, but 10PM is way too late for bonus energy. They need to address the way bonus energy is handled, I think. I mean, it was a plus and gifted to us so it is entitled of me to demand a change, but 10PM? I think it is reasonable to request and hope for a change to the bonus energy at least.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    The problem is not everyone worldwide observes DST so it could create advantages or disadvantages unintentionally where it pertains to squad arena times. That is all fine well and good, but 10PM is way too late for bonus energy. They need to address the way bonus energy is handled, I think. I mean, it was a plus and gifted to us so it is entitled of me to demand a change, but 10PM? I think it is reasonable to request and hope for a change to the bonus energy at least.

Why is 10pm too late for an energy refresh? Aside from young players who may have a bedtime, later is likely better for most people. I'm usually not done with work until 8ish, then have dinner and hang out with my daughter till she goes to bed. Likewise, moving the arena time and afternoon bonus from 6pm to 7pm is likely better for anyone who commutes from work... from 5-6pm, many people are likely to be in the car and unable to log in to maintain their arena position. The one that I would think would be annoying would be the noon bonus changing to 1pm. If you work in an office, it's harder to log in during work hours than at lunchtime, though it only takes a few seconds to do.

Personally, I don't like the daily reset having moved from 12am to 1am. Since I started playing in December, I usually play the game at midnight soon after the reset to relax before going to bed. I'd play for about an hour on each of my accounts, finishing up around 2am. I'm not generally going to stay up until 3 or later on a work night to play, which means instead changing my schedule to play in the evening. The problem with this is that it puts a 'cap' on finishing everything. If I don't have time to start playing until 10:30 or 11pm, I'm not going to get through my various farming, GW, etc. before the counter resets. Will take some creative scheduling to find something that works. For example, doing farming in the late evening, then playing GW right after reset, since that is usually the most variable in terms of the time needed to do it.

I guess the thing is that everyone's schedule is different. for you, 10pm seems to be an issue, but as I pointed out, it's better for me and probably for other people. The annoying thing is changing it. Nothing else in life doesn't adjust to DST, and while we can argue whether DST makes sense, it's an expected behavior that something that happens at 6pm happens at 6pm regardless of whether we're observing DST or not.
  • Options
    Please respond to the numerous posts about the daylight savings time problem. I see where it is a known issue as you had a moderator close a thread because a couple of people were acting like children. Would've been nice if the moderator would have said something about it before closing the thread, even "this issue has been passed along to the dev team" is better than just closing the thread without saying anything about the topic at hand.

I did close one thread at the request of the OP. (As was his right to request) No explanation was needed.

Btw. Discussion of moderation is against TOS. As is starting *another* thread when there are "numerous posts" (your words)

Try to give people a break rather than just deciding to rant. :|

• Options
    Closing this, OP decided to edit the OP and make this a topic about moderation rather than DST.
This discussion has been closed.