Zeta packs

Prev13
I understand f2p players will not like what i am about to say.

I have an arguement for having a zeta pack like the omega pack we get once per month or however often it comes around. I have been wanting to see padme come into the game for a long time and I would have spent money on getting her however I was out of zeta mats. Nowadays to make a team viable you have to invest 3-5 zetas or more. I still have other toons waiting for zetas so i didn't invest money to get padme to 7* because I knew I wouldn't be able to get zeta mats fast enough to make a padme team. The sad part is that i have all of the other toons at g12+. I knew at the rate i get zetas it was wiser for me to just wait until she came back since i would have enough zetas by then. I have been around since ships first came out so i have a lot of zetas and get first in fleet daily. I have a lot of zeta mats coming my way but I still can't keep up. I can only imagine how hard it must be for a younger whale to keep up. Please CG if you dont want to just give out more zetas consider a zeta pack that comes around at least once per month. Thank you for your consideration.

Replies

• Options
    So in short, your argument for a zeta pack is that you don't have enough zetas to equip on your toons, so we need them?
  • Options
    The only way it would make sense is to have 3-5 at a pack for like $11.99 once a month.

You can’t get crazy with it or it will push F2P and P2P too far away. Also would probably get some F2P to drop $12 a month is they could boost their Zeta mats.

But buying Zeta mats can’t be an extreme level. Also I’m saying mats not Zetas. It would probably cost $80 for an actual full Zeta.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    You could check with the Japanese how much they used to pay for their Zeta packs. But as far as I know, they’ll never reintroduce this pack again.
  • TheSaint
    28 posts Member
    Options
    You get plenty of zetas every month, there is no need for such pack.
    That is just stupid to say. Just manage your stuff better.

• Options
    Do you really think that any of us can keep up on zetas? Lol I dont take first everyday in fleet arena, barely participate in ga and I average a full zeta every week or 2 depending on what other events are going on in game. Sure the idea seems great, but it would do way more harm to the health of the game than good.
  • Options
    I do fink we should have a zeta challenge like the omega one
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options
    The mindset of inpatient people.
    "I'm not able to play games without paying for an advantage "
  • Options
    Do you really think that any of us can keep up on zetas? Lol I dont take first everyday in fleet arena, barely participate in ga and I average a full zeta every week or 2 depending on what other events are going on in game. Sure the idea seems great, but it would do way more harm to the health of the game than good.
    Best luck of the draw on the planet then
  • Options
    I think instead of a zeta mat pack, maybe have an omega mat pack. Zeta mats are way more plentiful than omega mats, at least according to my experience. Right know I could apply 2 zetas except I need more omegas with no real way to get them. The omega events drop 1 mat each time. As far as farming them from nodes, I have seen a grand total of 2 omega mat drop from a node in the entire life of the game. Aside from needing them for zetas, you also need many of them for maxing out non-zeta skills as well...usually 5 mats per skill. Add those to the 13-20 you need for a zeta skill, you're way, way behind the 8-ball.
  • Options

Lucky you I get 1 zeta mat every 2 days lol
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Jubai wrote: »
    I think that's the mindset for impatient people. Inpatients usually just want to get out of the hospital as soon as possible. :lol:
  • Options
    I think I'm averaging 2.5 or so zetas a month. Not sure having a pack is a good thing. It will impact game balance.

You could just manage it better and choose to only zeta essential characters.

There's a lot of options in getting more zetas....tw, ga, and two recurring events
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    Options
    IMO zeta packs will be a sign that the end is near... And the devs want to milk the whales one last time.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    Options
    However there was a daily pack a few weeks ago with fleet currency in it.... thats sorta a zeta pack.
  • Nodamo
    7 posts Member
    Options

I have an arguement for having a zeta pack like the omega pack we get once per month or however often it comes around. I have been wanting to see padme come into the game for a long time and I would have spent money on getting her however I was out of zeta mats. Nowadays to make a team viable you have to invest 3-5 zetas or more. I still have other toons waiting for zetas so i didn't invest money to get padme to 7* because I knew I wouldn't be able to get zeta mats fast enough to make a padme team. The sad part is that i have all of the other toons at g12+. I knew at the rate i get zetas it was wiser for me to just wait until she came back since i would have enough zetas by then. I have been around since ships first came out so i have a lot of zetas and get first in fleet daily. I have a lot of zeta mats coming my way but I still can't keep up. I can only imagine how hard it must be for a younger whale to keep up. Please CG if you dont want to just give out more zetas consider a zeta pack that comes around at least once per month. Thank you for your consideration.

Lmao! You have too much time on your hands. As a "free" playa, to me? This is just a **** session. Period.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    It's actually already behind a paywall for most people and don't need to be achieved with a bundle.
    It's behind a paywall because you would have to get good results in Ships to obtain zeta or having played so long that you achieved the ship store.
    It's also obtainable from GA, which eventually is more accessible for people who payed in this game or directly had a very good start, focused on essential characters, etc...
    And it's a reward from TW, an event where powerful guilds with numerous squads perform better, where obviously, the more GP you have the better the results are but still not going along with the GA, so you'll have to be in a very good place for both if you want to get a lot of zetas.

And it's achievable through events or first time missions in fleet battles. Anyhow, it's a long grind, more accessible for people who paid at some point if not continuously.
    So no, please don't put a bundle for this kind of material and keep a kind of balance around this game that is going nuts.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    Options
    I understand that sometimes CG needs to cater to the p2p players cause it's about business but having the option to pay money for Zetas could possibly push so many players away due to not being able to keep up
  • Options
    Imagine after the gap between whales and FTP. Some whales will have 200 zetas or something
  • Options
    Budgernaut wrote: »
    Jubai wrote: »
    I think that's the mindset for impatient people. Inpatients usually just want to get out of the hospital as soon as possible. :lol:

I see what you did there, you crafty bug!
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Pointless.

For every zeta upgrade I make, CG creates about three that I’d like to have. Zeta packs won’t change this. That’s to say, the pace of zetaing characters will always be slower than the pace that zetas come into the game... unless they make a new ability upgrade that’s more powerful.

That’s the nature of the business.
  • Jball317
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I've been playing for 3 years and the last 2 I haven't spent a dime (its literally pointless) "balance" died in this game a looooooong time ago lol and it truly tickles me pink everytime someone mentions it as if it's still a thing.
  • Options
    Translation*
    Let me just buy that first place trophy....
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    If they introduce zeta packs, then only for money, not crystals. So you guys have to pay. That's acceptable. 100 bucks for 10 zetas or so.

A Benjamin for 10 zetas? Wow that's not a price even a whale would pay. Not even with full omegas with it.
  • Rekrn123
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Lol no it's fine how it is. Be more thoughtful on where you are putting zetas. You don't need to zetas every ability that has one. Also only spend zetas based on a team as a whole. You should aim to increase your in game zetas rate. You should be getting like 2 per month at least.
  • Rekrn123
    41 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    If they introduce zeta packs, then only for money, not crystals. So you guys have to pay. That's acceptable. 100 bucks for 10 zetas or so.

A Benjamin for 10 zetas? Wow that's not a price even a whale would pay. Not even with full omegas with it.

I think he meant like 10 full zetas so 100 mats which as somebody with disposable income I would consider reasonable.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Options
    Geez people. He's simply commenting on the fact that spending money on gear and events is irrelevant without the 4 or 5 zetas each new team needs to be competitive. Cg is going to lose if they continue down this road. What incentive is there to spend money when it gets you nothing additional anymore? Hurray, 7* g12 padme day 1... Who's completely useless without a month and a half worth of zetas. This isn't about P2P vs f2p. It's about running successful business, whether you contribute to that business or nor.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Padme squad is not slow to build only because of all the zetas they need.

There is also the new gear piece that Padme needs. I am not spending 100$ to buy this gear Piece. The worst is that it seems she needs 1 full piece at each gear level from G8 , G9, etc. So it is very slow to accumulate 700 crystals to buy 25% of the gear piece. I am now close to gear 10 padme bc i saved my crystal but sacrificed all the 50 crystal energy refresh stuff that i was doing before to farm shards faster