Grand arena bug

Brindle
19 posts Member
edited August 2020
Hey mods (specifically), if we lose GA because of the ongoing mod bug can we get some compensation? I did HSTR yesterday and many of my most important characters (Rey, BB8, JKR, Bastila, zzBossk, etc) had zero or few mods afterwards. Went into GA, used "select squad" like I always do, and watched my 291 speed bossk and 300+ speed BB8s and JKRs go dead last against teams that I should have vastly out-modded, and an opponent that should have been pretty easy. I was not aware of the bug before searching these forums for possible reasons.

Quite frustrating if I lose. Will be my first GA loss.
Post edited by Brindle on

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    CG really should fix this bug immediately, and until then tell everyone exactly how to avoid getting negatively affected by the bug like you did. Either that or suspend all TWs and GAs until the fix it. Yes, some players may exploit the bug, but too many are negatively affected without any cheating being involved.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Lets start with the "Mods" cannot help you they are here as volunteers to clean up the forums and probably close this thread since your breaking the TOS by asking for compensation but thats another story...
    secondly the "Devs" have already said they are looking into this, they will more than likely not give any compensation for this and defo will not reply to this thread and thats even saying they see it before it gets closed of course.
    Yes its a bug, Yes the devs have aknowledged it as a bug and they will deal with it in due course
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Yes its a bug, Yes the devs have aknowledged it as a bug and they will deal with it in due course

They have known about the bug for several weeks. They may be looking into it, but ... in due course? Fixing severe bugs like this should have second highest priority - second only to bugs, which make the game completely unplayable.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

They have known about the bug for several weeks. They may be looking into it, but ... in due course? Fixing severe bugs like this should have second highest priority - second only to bugs, which make the game completely unplayable.

If the bug were related to the performance on DR/Malak, a hot fix would have dropped within hours - a day or two at most. CG's priorities differ greatly from most player priorities.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

If the bug were related to the performance on DR/Malak, a hot fix would have dropped within hours - a day or two at most. CG's priorities differ greatly from most player priorities.

this exactly
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    Options
    All they needed to do was disable squad select for the time being until it was fixed...
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Well obviously. Their priority is to make money. This is not a secret.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Brindle
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Lets start with the "Mods" cannot help you they are here as volunteers to clean up the forums and probably close this thread since your breaking the TOS by asking for compensation but thats another story...

Oops! No lawyer here, and I never read ToS. I did open a ticket first, and they told me to open a thread on the forums.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Calbion wrote: »
    All they needed to do was disable squad select for the time being until it was fixed...

Is the bug limited to the squad selection? Are you sure?
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Brindle wrote: »

Oops! No lawyer here, and I never read ToS. I did open a ticket first, and they told me to open a thread on the forums.

yep thats their way of saying you aint getting help
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    Options

Is the bug limited to the squad selection? Are you sure?

Yes just the squad select, it bypasses the locked mods in the left hand selection menu.