Older vs newer players GA issue

GP is the issue

It's wrong to draw Grand arena by total GP because of difference in playing time - 3 year old accounts are filled with old g8-9-10 toons we used for Pit, HAAT, TBs - old players know what I mean

We need "roster lock" for every GA so we could choose 70 toons we use for 5v5 (5 toons x 7 teams x 2 for both def & off) and 66 for 3v3

Replies

• Options
    Older accounts also tend to have more zetas.
  • Options
    Old accounts are much less focused as we used to push GP higher for TB
    Old zetas don't help much anyway, they just make inefficient GP even higher
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    This sounds like a valid point to me. I’m curious to read what others think.
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    Options
    actually an excellent point, there are far more historically useful toons that just won’t be farmed or more importantly geared by recent players.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Older accounts also likely have more mod depth.

If you can only use 70 characters there is no room for error or ability to take down a difficult team with multiple squads.
  • Options
    Yeah sure look at that YouTuber Darth microtransaction. His p2p roster is incredibly lean he just smokes every GA opponent. Real unfair
  • mwigor
    36 posts Member
    Options
    It should be up to each player to decide how many toons they want to deploy for each GA - it shouldn't be a set number. Another great example is Jawas - if you farmed and geared Jawas so that you could get access to CD mods (when they were required for them) you are now being punished for this investment.
  • Options
    mwigor wrote: »
    It should be up to each player to decide how many toons they want to deploy for each GA - it shouldn't be a set number. Another great example is Jawas - if you farmed and geared Jawas so that you could get access to CD mods (when they were required for them) you are now being punished for this investment.

Yeah, add those team players who developed rosters and upgraded & geared up toons solely for Territory battles. In my case I have around 30 toons g7-9 85lvl just because cared about my guild

Devs shouldn't punish us for being old loyal players with team spirit!
  • Options
    Yeah sure look at that YouTuber Darth microtransaction. His p2p roster is incredibly lean he just smokes every GA opponent. Real unfair

Well, it'stime spent in game and it should lead to some sort of advantage, not DISadvantage like it is now
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    If you can only use 70 characters there is no room for error or ability to take down a difficult team with multiple squads.

At 3.6 million GP, this basically describes almost all of my GA matches: no room for error or ability to take down a team with multiple squads. Typically, I only get 1 second chance win before losing the match, so a number of toons like 70 isn’t too far off from what I normally use. I have many g12s that sit the bench.

In addition, there’s really no amount of old characters that will take down a JKR or DR/Malak team, so I feel like this is a moot point. I’ve used multiple teams of older toons on FO or rogue one, but a preloaded JKR means I’ve basically lost the match. You can play the attrition game with older toons when facing a team of older toons.
  • Options
    Hmmmm.... I wonder if the Devs or anyone else has though of this before???

Hint: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204353/improvements-to-grand-arena-matchmaking#latest
  • Options

I disagree. There is no reason a great Jawa team that is now just G11 with all 200 speed and modded correctly can't be of GA value and HAAT value. Better teams? Of course. The only reason I beat my last Jawa team opponents was my team was faster. That seems to be the decider for me in GA. Who goes 1st.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I disagree. There is no reason a great Jawa team that is now just G11 with all 200 speed and modded correctly can't be of GA value and HAAT value. Better teams? Of course. The only reason I beat my last Jawa team opponents was my team was faster. That seems to be the decider for me in GA. Who goes 1st.

It's unlikely, but you might even find more uses in the new Jawa Discord!

https://discord.gg/TcBTtyh
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH