Mace Windu Issues

Here is list of issues with Mace Windu:
  • Shatter-point Mechanic: At only 55% chance to target a random ally it just doesn’t feel like enough. Your never going to just target an exposed character because they are exposed. There is an order to the way you have to take teams out. If you don’t take out Jolee first he will just revive Revan and his team. In addition characters can too easily hide behind Taunts and Stealths, like General Kenobi’s.
  • Smite ability: This is just a really outdated ability. It so bland and in need of more effects. Also it is his only special attack ability, it should have a lot of power behind it. Possibly even prevent revives like the one on bounty hunter resolve.
  • His Leadership Ability name: Vaapad was a fighting style that no Jedi could handle with out turning to the dark side therefore I see this as an inadequate title for a leadership. This is a missed opportunity for another NEW unique named Vaapad to help buff Mace.
  • His actual Leadership: just doesn’t feel like it will ever be used again because of all the awesome Jedi leaderships: JKR, GMY, Bastila, GK... I wish he had something like Qui Gon. Or just buff it specifically for Galactic Republic characters. After all he is one of the main leaders in the Prequels, it doesn’t make sense to give him terrible lead. Maybe his Leadership can receive a Nute Gunray type buff.
  • Tank with Devastating Damage: he is out dated so he isn’t so much of tank rather then just slightly durable right now. And he doesn’t deal any devastating damage, in fact it seems like average or below average damage. I’d like to see an increase in his Health pool (which will help with Protection Up) and his Damage output.
  • Tank Label: Tanks are only useful if your other characters can hide behind them, either through taunt or by making the characters so that they can not be ignored. If not, might as well label him as an Attacker and say he is a Durable Attacker who deals devastating damage.
  • Invincible Assault: Isn’t bad but he doesn’t deal enough damage. Maybe if he attacked more often by giving him counter chance or assist chance this ability would be better but Mace is not fast enough to benefit from this basic and it doesn’t even deal significant damage.

Replies

• DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Options
    Ya know...
    If they feed all these Mace actually might be semi useful. Those of (myself included) who 7*'d him for Yoda would certainly be happy.
  • Options
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Ya know...
    If they feed all these Mace actually might be semi useful. Those of (myself included) who 7*'d him for Yoda would certainly be happy.

I 7*’d him in January just hoping for a good rework because of the GG and Mace Windu Boost from territory wars in November. He is one coolest characters, i’m Just hoping to run him along side some of my other favorite characters, Like GMY, GK and Anakin.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    When he gets a rework, it will either elevate him to true Samuel L Jackson status (i.e. Nick Fury, Pulp Fiction OG) or relegate him to The Octopus from "The Spirit" level of mediocrity.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    When he gets a rework, it will either elevate him to true Samuel L Jackson status (i.e. Nick Fury, Pulp Fiction OG) or relegate him to The Octopus from "The Spirit" level of mediocrity.

You'll know it's real when they give him a goatee and a 'fro
  • Options
    Mace Window issues?
    This should be the longest thread on the forum in no time.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Options
    Mace Window issues?
    This should be the longest thread on the forum in no time.

If only. ...
  • Altazar
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I like this rework very much
  • Options
    ?