How important is finishing the DS battles?

I've 3-starred every node in my LS battles. My DS battles however are still in the 5th stage. My only good dark side characters are 5* Sidious, 5* Savage, and 4* Dooku. I'm planning to max them all out eventually. I'm aware of how critical it is to have Old Daka in finishing the DS battles but now with her not being able to revive herself and the Ahsoka buff, she got bumped lower on my priority list in the cantina shipments. I'm a 1 cantina refresh per day kind of guy. I'm currently working on maxing out my 6* QGJ, 85 more shards to go. After QGJ I'll get Ahsoka, then Old Daka. It'll probably take a long time before I get Old Daka so I was wondering if I'd be missing on some good nodes in the latter half of the DS battles in terms of gears. In terms of character shards, the only character I'm planning to farm in the LS/DS battles is Ima-Gun Di and I already have access to 5-A Hard (can't 3-star though). Perhaps there are normal nodes with multiple good gears that I shouldn't miss on? Or is it okay to postpone finishing my dark side battles?

Replies

• Options
    I'd bump old daka up on the list as she can help you through a lot of ds even at 4* when she unlocks.

Personally I'd recommend bumping up the ds side for gears. For example to get ahsoka to gear 8 you need Mk3 chedak comlink prototype which appears to be on ds-6e-normal and ds-6j-hard so I'd try and move it along a bit
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    It's a good thing for ease of farming shards & equipment as well as finishing off achievements.
  • Raventrob
    242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm on the last stage of DS and almost done. I don't even have Daka I just have Daka allies lol I use theirs
  • Options
    I couldn't get the DS done for awhile - got most to 1* but was struggling even though I could 3* every LS event at level 7 at the same time, definitely need some good toon synergy/balance.

Once I got Daka up decently (6* I think) and RoyalGuard 4* with some decent gear, that was a game changer for me. Before I got RG, every time I would play those rounds, some **** enemy squad would hit Daka 5 times in a row killing her, but leaving all my others at full basically (Smart A.I.!)

But RG was the game changer for me, if you can keep Daka alive longer it makes it easier.

The area I had the most trouble in (6a & b) is when a group of Dark Side hardcore fighters land on Endor and get Ewok'd for fun. So defeating.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I finished the dark side 3 stars - it's not very important.

There's an anakin and a rey node at the 7D and 7B. But that's about it. They also cost 20x3 average 60 energy/ shard.

As for team - i ran Phasma*7; Sidious*7, Daka*6, Dooku*6, Talia*6. Maxed gear except for the 50 hairdryers things. If i borrow poggle or ventress i go phasma leader. If i borrow IG-88 or Boba i run sidious leader. Out of the 7 near-maxed characters i have, 5 are dark side, so it was actually easier than light side.
    To 3 star the final mission daka and dooku are critical, because there's a boss kit fisto that loves to counter stuff, and the stuns make a clown out of him.
    The magic tier for dark side farming is 5 - it has Ima-Gun Di, Rey, Anakin, Royal Guard and Barrissx2. It's like the sex of GOH missions. You don't really need to rush the last missions, unless you are desperate for rey or anakin unlocks. But you will be glad you have done it. And daka rocks GW. Even without self-ress (was 10% anyway). I disagree about 4 stars. She's definitely useable at 4 stars, but she gets very solid heals when maxed (mine is 85/100 to 7 stars, and i'm glad i benched QGJ at 5 stars to finish her) - she also gets good speed in her gear.
  • Options
    Why not hard farm her? It'll take a while but you'll get started on her shards while finishing the other toons
  • Options
    As previously said, there is a Rey and Anakin node in 7 and a Rey and Anakin node on 5.

If you want them before the end of the year at 7* you need it. Good Luck, DS much harder then LS to 3*
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Is it important? No more important than playing the other tables, I suppose. If your goal is to finish the game, then I'd say the DS missions are pretty important. I have yet to finish a single node on DS Hard 7. I'll get there eventually.