Yoda's Battle Meditation tooltip causes confusion

CPMP
974 posts Member
edited March 2016
The tooltip on battle meditation is a bit tricky. A better, more accurate description should be : Makes whole team immune to any kind of debuffs for 2 turns.
When it says "Tenacity up", one will assume that he increases the tenacity of the team by a fixed amount. Everyone who is not visiting the forums often to know how it works now, he will be misguided.
Devs need to fix the tooltip so it will describe the spell more accurate.

EDIT: There is similar described spells like "Evasion Up, Critical Up, etc." which makes the tenacity up immunity a lot more misleading. It should mention the immunity so people wont waste attempts on ability blocks and stuns.
Post edited by CPMP on

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Since "Grants Yoda Tenacity Up for 2 turns" isn't actually tricky; is this a sly attempt at "nerf battle meditation"?
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Since "Grants Yoda Tenacity Up for 2 turns" isn't actually tricky; is this a sly attempt at "nerf battle meditation"?

No, i ask for a tooltip change. How are people supposed to know that tenacity up equals immunity?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    The tooltip on battle meditation is a bit tricky. A better, more accurate description should be : Makes whole team immune to any kind of debuffs for 2 turns.
    When it says "Tenacity up", one will assume that he increases the tenacity of the team by a fixed amount. Everyone who is not visiting the forums often to know how it works now, he will be misguided.

It does increase tenacity by a fixed amount. Specifically by 9,999%.

Visiting the forums doesn't do much to help understand the math anyway. There's very little info available on math or stats.
  • Options
    The problem is not the description of Yoda's ability. The problem is that the game does a poor job of explaining why tenacity (or potency) is important. You know what? I just checked again. The description is pretty spot on.
    Potency: Increases the chance to apply detrimental effects to opponents.
    Tenacity: Increases the chance to ward off detrimental effects.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Visiting the forums doesn't do much to help understand the math anyway. There's very little info available on math or stats.

Ok, let me describe you the problem. 2 days ago, more yoda started to appear on Arena. So it happens to Aoe with my Sid and applying 1-2 debuffs only. Considering Sidious' potency is 0, i consider it normal to see that many resists, so i proceed to use my ability blocks on enemies. After 11-12 ability block + stun fails, i check yoda's buff and then i come on forum ready to report it as bug. But before i write something, my eye fall upon someone writing something about yoda's immunity buff that is bugged and Sid is supposed to not even land a single dot. So i wonder myself? What immunity?? Nothing about immunity is mentioned. That day costed me 4/5 arena loses because of that. So i ask you and other people. Is that so clear that tenacity up means immunity??

@EventineElessedil

Battle Meditation - Yoda gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns, then grants each other ally every positive status effect he has for 2 turns, with a 40% chance to also grant Yoda 30% Turn Meter.

So it increases the tenacity chance by how much? Would it be 100%? But why Dooku has 220%? What's the max tenacity? 300%? 500%? 1000%? 10.000%?? Where on yoda spell it mentions the immunity?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Ok, let me describe you the problem. 2 days ago, more yoda started to appear on Arena. So it happens to Aoe with my Sid and applying 1-2 debuffs only. Considering Sidious' potency is 0, i consider it normal to see that many resists, so i proceed to use my ability blocks on enemies. After 11-12 ability block + stun fails, i check yoda's buff and then i come on forum ready to report it as bug. But before i write something, my eye fall upon someone writing something about yoda's immunity buff that is bugged and Sid is supposed to not even land a single dot. So i wonder myself? What immunity?? Nothing about immunity is mentioned. That day costed me 4/5 arena loses because of that. So i ask you and other people. Is that so clear that tenacity up means immunity??

We don't know that tenacity up universally means immune to negative effects (which isn't really true, and I'll explain below). Buffs and debuffs are also not standardized across the board; there are variations in percentages from toon to toon for the "same" buff. So simply labeling Tenacity Up as being immune to all resistable effects may not be a universal truth.

However, because of inraj on Reddit we do know that Yoda's bm does specifically mean immunity to all effects that can be resisted. There are some abilities that have effects that can't be resisted though, such as with Vader.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

We don't know that tenacity up universally means immune to negative effects (which isn't really true, and I'll explain below). Buffs and debuffs are also not standardized across the board; there are variations in percentages from toon to toon for the "same" buff. So simply labeling Tenacity Up as being immune to all resistance effects may not be a universal truth.

However, because of inraj on Reddit we do know that Yoda's bm does mean immunity to all effects that can be resisted. There are some abilities that have effects that can't be resisted such as with Vader.

Don't you think it's critical to mention the immunity? I can't be the only one that wasted stuns and ability blocks on heroes with yoda's tenacity up. Tooltip description seems like a lazy work. I thought i have to mention that, since devs decided to change heroes descriptions and done nothing about this, which is something of high importance.
  • Options

@EventineElessedil

Battle Meditation - Yoda gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns, then grants each other ally every positive status effect he has for 2 turns, with a 40% chance to also grant Yoda 30% Turn Meter.

So it increases the tenacity chance by how much? Would it be 100%? But why Dooku has 220%? What's the max tenacity? 300%? 500%? 1000%? 10.000%?? Where on yoda spell it mentions the immunity?

I don't have your answers, but Yoda's tenacity buff is quite clearly strong enough to ward off all the nasty effects you were throwing out. Sounds like an excellent counter to Sidious' AoE.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

We don't know that tenacity up universally means immune to negative effects (which isn't really true, and I'll explain below). Buffs and debuffs are also not standardized across the board; there are variations in percentages from toon to toon for the "same" buff. So simply labeling Tenacity Up as being immune to all resistance effects may not be a universal truth.

However, because of inraj on Reddit we do know that Yoda's bm does mean immunity to all effects that can be resisted. There are some abilities that have effects that can't be resisted such as with Vader.

Don't you think it's critical to mention the immunity? I can't be the only one that wasted stuns and ability blocks on heroes with yoda's tenacity up. Tooltip description seems like a lazy work. I thought i have to mention that, since devs decided to change heroes descriptions and done nothing about this, which is something of high importance.

I get your point, and don't disagree that a change to reflect "provides immunity to all resistable effects" would be more helpful. It's really an argument of semantics though. Technically it doesn't provide total immunity.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

I get your point, and don't disagree that a change to reflect "provides immunity to all resistable effects" would be more helpful. It's really an argument of semantics though. Technically it doesn't provide total immunity.

So if it doesn't provide total immunity i will continue my Dooku stun tests (because he has the highest potency) and if more than 30 fail shall i report it as bug?
    Also i got another question :
    Kit Fisto : Turn the Tide - Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 55% chance to grant all allies Potency Up for 2 Turns.
    Is that potency up supposed to make everything stick on enemies? Or heroes with high tenacity can still ward off debuffs? And how should i know if it's working as intended or if it's bugged? Shall i invest on Kit Fisto for yoda event for example?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

So if it doesn't provide total immunity i will continue my Dooku stun tests (because he has the highest potency) and if more than 30 fail shall i report it as bug?
    Kit Fisto : Turn the Tide - Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 55% chance to grant all allies Potency Up for 2 Turns.
    Is that potency up supposed to make everything stick on enemies? Or heroes with high tenacity can still ward off debuffs? And how should i know if it's working as intended or if it's bugged? Shall i invest on Kit Fisto for yoda event for example?

The stun won't work. BM makes anyone with this buff immune to any resistable effect. Regardless of how high Dooku's potency is the stun is resistable and will not stick.

Only effects that specifically state they cannot be resisted will get through.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

The stun won't work. BM makes anyone with this buff immune to any resistable effect. Regardless of how high Dooku's potency is the stun is resistable and will not stick.

Ok, thx for the info. That's a big disappointment from the dev team. That people having to learn how in-game spells are supposed to work through reddit or GOH forums, because they were unable to write a correct tooltip.
    Anyone knows about Kit Fisto's Potency up buff? Does it give 100% potency or whatever is called max in this game? Can we maybe get a dev response?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Ok, thx for the info. That's a big disappointment from the dev team. That people having to learn how in-game spells are supposed to work through reddit or GOH forums, because they were unable to write a correct tooltip.
    Anyone knows about Kit Fisto's Potency up buff? Does it give 100% potency or whatever is called max in this game? Can we maybe get a dev response?

You're honestly better off asking on Reddit. You're much more likely to receive a solid answer from the Devs that regularly post there.
  • Options
    Your not immune I've been hit with damage over time after using Meditation it's rare but it can still affect the team.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Ravenclaw wrote: »
    Your not immune I've been hit with damage over time after using Meditation it's rare but it can still affect the team.

I just read the patch notes and they mention this :
    The bonus DoT effect applied by Darth Sidious’s Demoralizing Blows on a critical hit can be Resisted.

It appears that damage over time was bugged and not yoda's spell. Yoda's spell makes people immune to debuffs for 2 turns.
    @Telaan See the confusion it causes to people? I was sure i wasn't the only one.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Ravenclaw wrote: »

I just read the patch notes and they mention this :
    The bonus DoT effect applied by Darth Sidious’s Demoralizing Blows on a critical hit can be Resisted.

It appears that damage over time was bugged and not yoda's spell. Yoda's spell makes people immune to debuffs for 2 turns.
    @Telaan See the confusion it causes to people? I was sure i wasn't the only one.

Yea it was a bug. One of Sidious' DoTs would make it through if he crit'ed on his AOE. Supposedly it's been fixed.
  • Irics
    98 posts Member
    Options
    No it's not called immunity because debuff is not resistable all the time. My personal experience is Sidious + Vader AoEs always result to at least my two chars got one DoT each with Yoda's tenacity up. In general, stun and ability wont work against battle meditation (never seen it land) but technically still possible. That being said I also am curious about the numbers tho
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

No, i ask for a tooltip change. How are people supposed to know that tenacity up equals immunity?

First off its not immunity. I get hit with harmful effects through it. Its pretty reliable to be sure but effects do get through so its accurate as is. Its tenacity up not immunity up cause your not immune