Ships in GA with new capital ships.

Pentagon
101 posts Member
Hello,

I am generally super in favor of new ships, and if new fleets have life breathed into them then I am as excited as the next person.

My only concern is currently I have two Meta (ish) fleets. Falcon and Bounty hunters. This gives me one defense, one attack fleet in Grand Arena.

Yes, having 4 (5) now super developed fleets is useful in TW, however with GA championships coming, I feel reluctant to build a republic fleet, as I feel it will punish my GA GP efficiency.

With new capital ships, at certain GP thresholds I feel that it has to be 2 on offense and 2 on defense in GA.

Just my thoughts,
Pentagon
Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?

Replies

• Options
    They are probably going to increase the number of fleets on defense if they add more than one Capital ship.
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Options
    I am not too far from having 4 workable fleets and have long wished for there to be more capital ships but I hadn’t really considered yet the possibility of 2 required defense fleets in GA.

So personally I think we will get another capital ship with LS Geo TB for 6 total and that will be when they have 2 defense slots.
    5 capital ships with 4 needed + hardly enough ships to make 5 viable fleets = too soon to up the defense slots.

However, if they do increase to 2 slots with 5 capital ships ... there are several of strategic options. For example You don’t have to set both or you could set 2 trash fleets.

Right now, if you don’t have a fleet capable of killing the meta right now then doesn’t matter how many capital ships. 2 slots would mean a some more interesting choices to potentially stop your opponent if they have the meta and you don’t.