Number 5 for GG Team instead b1

Hello,
Currently I am farming Grievous, b2, Magmaguard and Droideka. Unfortunately my ships are not good enough for me to unlock the hard ship node where I can farm b1 yet. I'm planning to use the team mainly for the Padme event but some use in Grand arena or territory battles would be also nice. So my question is wich character am I supposed to use in a grievous team instead of b1.
Thanks for your answers in advance!

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Probably BB8 would be best.
    Maybe Jawa Engineer.
    Lobot potentially.

B1 increases other's damage and heals. Those 3 do more or less the same.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    This is a premium team where B1 is a central piece. If we boiled it down to the fundamentals, B-1,B-2 and GG are the central pieces. Droideka is extremely good but the team can still go where GG is the main damage provider. And MG is by far the most redundant. For that reason many people including me directly shifted to Nute. Don't let go of B-1+his zeta is almost a must.

If you let go of B-1 and compose another team, please let us know about your experiments with it. In that case my insertion would be without a blink Nute like the MG dump suggestion.

T3-M4 is also on the table when you let go of direct synergy. Ahnald was experimenting with it and other droid option while trying to make GG team almost meta. You can watch those videos from rework times.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    forgot about t3, he also fits the bill.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    Options
    werter116 wrote: »
    where I can farm b1 yet. I'm planning to use the team mainly for the Padme event

B1 would make getting padme almost impossible with the assists. Otherwise GL.

• hotdeaths
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, get any SEP to 5* (but don't hear) to qualify for event, but then focus on B1. Like No_Try said, B1 is a core component. I'd recommend getting 5* Mute, gear the others heavily, then focus on your fleet to unlock B1, then farm him.
  • Options
    Magnaguard is utterly useless in my experience, I would ditch him. As for best 5th, hands down Dooku, he's totally awesome now. I also find Dooku's lead to be better than GG in many situations, and if you add in BSF then Dooku lead can actually be somewhat competitive in arena depending on how developed your shard is. Nute is also apparently very powerful with separatists now, I wouldn't really know though as I'm not done gearing him, but he's definitely worth considering. And if you have a well developed Ventress then she can also do alot of good in various game modes despite her lack of specific synergy.

Oh and people saying that B1 is required or a "core" unit for the padme event are just wrong. B1 is not nearly as useful as B2 and Droideka for that event.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Magnaguard is utterly useless in my experience, I would ditch him. As for best 5th, hands down Dooku, he's totally awesome now. I also find Dooku's lead to be better than GG in many situations, and if you add in BSF then Dooku lead can actually be somewhat competitive in arena depending on how developed your shard is. Nute is also apparently very powerful with separatists now, I wouldn't really know though as I'm not done gearing him, but he's definitely worth considering. And if you have a well developed Ventress then she can also do alot of good in various game modes despite her lack of specific synergy.

Oh and people saying that B1 is required or a "core" unit for the padme event are just wrong. B1 is not nearly as useful as B2 and Droideka for that event.

"people" haven't said that as people weren't talking about padme event xD.
  • Options
    Bb8
  • Options
    is bb8 better in a GG team in place of nute/droideka?
    934-111-319
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Except people are often going on about how important B1 is for the Padme event when it's not, and OP wants a separatist team primarily to beat said event.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Except people are often going on about how important B1 is for the Padme event when it's not, and OP wants a separatist team primarily to beat said event.

Ah ok. Almost everyone that manage to go through the 1st event and got a 7* padme didn't use either b1 or droideka including me. That just made the event harder (which was what CG wanted evidently)
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options

What people? I don't remember anyone saying that here. I remember people assuming B1 would be necessary before the event started, and only because it was a new toon.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Well the dude above my original post is going on about how important B1 is for the Padme event so there is that. Jesus lol.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    So one person, who from everything I've heard is wrong, makes it "people often going on about it." Ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Well the dude above my original post is going on about how important B1 is for the Padme event so there is that. Jesus lol.

He was saying exact reverse of it. i.e. qualify for the event with any 5* seps, but still develop b1. Since we all agree, whatever :D.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    So one person, who from everything I've heard is wrong, makes it "people often going on about it." Ok.

Umm no, that's one person, here, giving bad advice, out of the many people who gives the same advice other places. I've seen it both on these forums and on reddit several times, and if you haven't, then you're just not very good at reading.

When someone says that B1 is required, and indeed the only really important character for this event, I feel the need to say otherwise. B1 is a terrible choice for this event and was clearly made primarily for the new territory battles. Anyone who unlocked Padme with B1 did it in spite of B1, and saying you can do the event with any 5* separatists as long as you have a strong B1 just isn't right. So yeah I had to point that out. Now would you please get off my back man?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Anyone who unlocked Padme with B1 did it in spite of B1, and saying you can do the event with any 5* separatists as long as you have a strong B1 just isn't right. So yeah I had to point that out. Now would you please get off my back man?

Huh? You should read more carefully. Noone on this topic ever said B1 is good the Padme event. Instead almost everyone did the event without it or droideka. All the talk revolves around B1 in a sep team, thus he should be farmed if you have an intention to make a good sep team.

• Options

Anyone who unlocked Padme with B1 did it in spite of B1, and saying you can do the event with any 5* separatists as long as you have a strong B1 just isn't right. So yeah I had to point that out. Now would you please get off my back man?

Huh? You should read more carefully. Noone on this topic ever said B1 is good the Padme event. Instead almost everyone did the event without it or droideka. All the talk revolves around B1 in a sep team, thus he should be farmed if you have an intention to make a good sep team.

Lol yeah I noticed just now I don't want to talk about it. Original point still stands though B1 is bad for event.
  • Options
    How does
    GG Magnaguard Droideka IPD and 88 with 88 zeta perform?

Does that target lock synergy between IPD and 88 and GG , and then synergy between GG and Magma have any value?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    I believe the question was double ended asking both for the event and in general and people answered different facets, though i may be mistaken.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I believe the question was double ended asking both for the event and in general and people answered different facets, though i may be mistaken.

Yes that was my Intention. Primarily I want to use the team for the event. Use in other aspects of the game is only a secondary priority. So I believe the Char must be seperatist to fit for the event.
    I'm sorry if this has not been clear in the beginning as English is only my third language.
    Thank you very much for your answers thus far!
    I think I will use Nute Gunray instead of B1 and I will think of who to use instead of Magmaguard after the Geonisans got reworked.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Yes that was my Intention. Primarily I want to use the team for the event. Use in other aspects of the game is only a secondary priority. So I believe the Char must be seperatist to fit for the event.
    I'm sorry if this has not been clear in the beginning as English is only my third language.
    Thank you very much for your answers thus far!
    I think I will use Nute Gunray instead of B1 and I will think of who to use instead of Magmaguard after the Geonisans got reworked.

Just make sure to include Dooku for his GR killing kit and B2 for his endless dispells and you should be fine :)
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Haven’t you got B1 unlocked from marquee?
    Since he works on stacks and not health/protection I would imagine the star level wouldn’t matter a great deal on content that doesn’t require 7 star to enter. His job is to boost TM, heal, extra damage from assists under gravity’s lead. An engine for the team. The most important stat is his zeta.
  • Options
    Charlo999 wrote: »
    Since he works on stacks and not health/protection I would imagine the star level wouldn’t matter a great deal on content that doesn’t require 7 star to enter. His job is to boost TM, heal, extra damage from assists under gravity’s lead. An engine for the team. The most important stat is his zeta.

Yeah I have him from the marquee. The Problem is that I want to use him for the Padme event and therefore he would need to be 7 stars.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Charlo999 wrote: »

Yeah I have him from the marquee. The Problem is that I want to use him for the Padme event and therefore he would need to be 7 stars.

As we have stated he is specifically a detriment for the padme event. So if this is the sole reason for 7star it is irrelevant. Just sub in any other 7 star for padme then use your low star b1 with no real loss in other areas.