Idea to make ship raids diferent than toons

So, something I was thinking about with the hints that CG might do a ship raid at sometime in the intermediate (though not immediate) future is how to make the mechanics different enough from character raids to make it feel like something new. Here's a few things that I thought could help make it interesting:
1. Get rid of enrage. This "prevent one team from completing the entire raid" mechanic is what spawns several additional requirements that add to player frustration (like TM gain on hits, increased speed, immunity to TMR, etc).
2. Allow your capital ship to be damaged by opponents' attacks. This would be an alternate way to prevent some super-healing team (JKR, looking at you) from soloing all of every raid. All you need to do is make it so your capital ship can't be healed, and eventually your team would be worn down. It would also be cool to make the bosses function like capital ships, which would solve a lot of the TMR problems since there aren't a lot of options for that against capitals (none that can't be resisted).
3. Allow fighters to "dock for repairs". Similar to escape from the normal raids, your fighters gain the option to return to their capital ship, where they will repair any damage done to them, and, equally important, allow for a varied use of reinforcement abilities. Since reinforcements are really what makes ships stand out from squads, why not highlight that in the raids? There would obviously need to be some sort of cooldown, so you couldn't spam HMF or someone else with a very powerful ability. Maybe make the ability locked until that ship is no longer at full health/protection, and they have to stay aboard for X turns until they can be called back into battle.
Personally, I'm really hoping for some fun, fast-action ship raids that can really add some sport to the game without taking several hours of your day to complete. I don't want to have to spend 2 hours "charging up" TIE silencer with Scimitar and a horde of healers in order to deal a massive blow before the boss hits enrage. I'd much rather send in a squadron to quickly dispatch the enemy fighters and capital before they take down mine. That seems like a better proxy for the epic Star Wars battles we know and love than C-3PO waving his arms in panic at a Sith Lord who's taking a nap after you killed her lightsabers.