IG-88 Touch-Up

CardinalSyn
34 posts Member
edited June 2019
If I'm correct, IG-88 made three copies of himself after creation, leaving the Star Wars universe with four IG-88's and IG-2000's. I would like to propose that he and his ship get an ability very similar to Droid Battalion on the B1 Battle Droid, where they'll have four lives as opposed to one. IG-88 is always fist to die on my Bounty Hunter team, despite being modded with health and being my second most powerful character. My friends and I all have this issue and have agreed this would be a proper fix.
Post edited by CardinalSyn on

Replies

• Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Not being critical but don’t mod IG-88 for health. Health primaries and health mod bonuses grant bonus health as a percentage of the character’s base health. Since, IG-88 has a low base health, he gets a low bonus.

Instead, mod him for speed and damage. He’s a glass cannon except CG really only got the glass part right. I would say the final product for IG-88 is more like a glass bottle rocket. He hits kinda hard and then dies.

To your point, yes, IG-88 is in need of some sort of rework, but with the BH rework last year and almost all of the other BH’s being good, I don’t see this happening soon.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Only IG-88B had a ship and did proper BH as we know him. I don't remember exactly what C & D did but A was attempting to restart a foundry to start a droid revolution
  • Options
    Not being critical but don’t mod IG-88 for health. Health primaries and health mod bonuses grant bonus health as a percentage of the character’s base health. Since, IG-88 has a low base health, he gets a low bonus.

Instead, mod him for speed and damage. He’s a glass cannon except CG really only got the glass part right. I would say the final product for IG-88 is more like a glass bottle rocket. He hits kinda hard and then dies.

To your point, yes, IG-88 is in need of some sort of rework, but with the BH rework last year and almost all of the other BH’s being good, I don’t see this happening soon.

Actually IG-88 has a perfectly moderate health pool at about 32k, the same or more than several other bounty hunters. His weak spot is defense, which is the main reason he gets shredded so quickly. However defense can be easily improved even with a low base value. Also CA arrow will do a lot of good for him.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    For a second I thought this was requesting a touch up of 86 and I almost had a heart attack.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Actually IG-88 has a perfectly moderate health pool at about 32k, the same or more than several other bounty hunters. His weak spot is defense, which is the main reason he gets shredded so quickly. However defense can be easily improved even with a low base value. Also CA arrow will do a lot of good for him.

32k??? Maybe at g12+, but my g11+3 IG-88 has less than 15,000 hp. My guess is most people don’t have enough extra g12 and g12+ items laying around to put them on IG-88. And even if they did, the health bonuses wouldn’t apply until they get them to g13.

If you want to give the OP advice to contradict my advice, at least be clear when it’s applicable.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    IG88 actually has more health than Cad Bane.....maxed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    IG88 actually has more health than Cad Bane.....maxed.

He also has more health than B1, but that doesn’t make my point less valid.