This team always gets underrated in GA

Stack tenacity behind GMY that'll give around 90-100 total, and it's funny how many times that is your team that costs your opponent an extra battle. Not picking on my current opponent. He brought a good effort.

sct126rrxvzp.png

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    That's good it worked for you, but anyone with revan, bastilla, and or padme will have to use those toons differently.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Team that works so often for me is quira lead scoundrels with nest. Chewie makes it better but I usually need him elsewhere. Wampa even works great
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    We all have that one team that is an odd combination and can confuse your opponent. My personal favorite from my own account is Savage lead with DN, Sion, Dooku, and Sideous/Badstilla (I don't have Traya yet, but I am close). Most people don't know Savage's lead, and really underestimate what that can do for a team. 30 tenacity plus 75% defense which is a lot, especially for a taunting tank that can also revive himself to full health/protection. Amd while they are stuck behind Sion, DN is picking them off one by one. And don't think you can stun them because Savage takes those pesky stuns away. And with Sideous/Badstilla, there will always be plenty of debuffs to speed DN as much as possible. I usually get an average of 4-6 attempts on them for each TW, which certainly helps my guild out.

Most people use GMY in Bastila/Revan teams, so many people forget/don't understand what his leadership can do, and underestimates it. If you want to make that team stronger while still buffing your own future teams, GK and GMY are the ones to really build up. Then, by the time you get JKR, they will be strong enough to fight in arena. Also mod them correctly. Tenacity is important to GMY while he is a lead, but as soon as he is under a Bastila or JKR lead, you will want to give him all the offense in the world. GMY doesn't need speed since he gives himself so much turn meter, and if you get him to assist (Ezra, GK, Jolee, Bastila, Revan, Hoda), then he will take usually 3 turns before one of your slower characters can take a turn.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    We all have that one team that is an odd combination and can confuse your opponent. My personal favorite from my own account is Savage lead with DN, Sion, Dooku, and Sideous/Badstilla (I don't have Traya yet, but I am close). Most people don't know Savage's lead, and really underestimate what that can do for a team. 30 tenacity plus 75% defense which is a lot, especially for a taunting tank that can also revive himself to full health/protection. Amd while they are stuck behind Sion, DN is picking them off one by one. And don't think you can stun them because Savage takes those pesky stuns away. And with Sideous/Badstilla, there will always be plenty of debuffs to speed DN as much as possible. I usually get an average of 4-6 attempts on them for each TW, which certainly helps my guild out.

Most people use GMY in Bastila/Revan teams, so many people forget/don't understand what his leadership can do, and underestimates it. If you want to make that team stronger while still buffing your own future teams, GK and GMY are the ones to really build up. Then, by the time you get JKR, they will be strong enough to fight in arena. Also mod them correctly. Tenacity is important to GMY while he is a lead, but as soon as he is under a Bastila or JKR lead, you will want to give him all the offense in the world. GMY doesn't need speed since he gives himself so much turn meter, and if you get him to assist (Ezra, GK, Jolee, Bastila, Revan, Hoda), then he will take usually 3 turns before one of your slower characters can take a turn.

If you want to throw ppl off who don't understand lead abilities, GK lead might be a possibility too.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »

If you want to throw ppl off who don't understand lead abilities, GK lead might be a possibility too.

GK was counter meta for long enough that there's a huge number of videos around on it.

People will understand it.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who can't be bothered to read a kit is not searching out videos.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who can't be bothered to read a kit is not searching out videos.

Yeah, the game is becoming very nuanced
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The one I throw in that always surprises me when they end up 3 deep is my ewoks. Players just underestimate some teams.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Savage, plo koon, Mace, cwc....
    But GA punishes people who have anyone except for revan teams geared up!! Didn’t any of you guys get the memo??
  • Options
    Savage(L)/dooku/Badstila has been the MVP trio on defense for me. They always seem to hold on D for 2 or more battles in GA. I throw in maul and Sid for 5vs5 but I can see Sion and nihlus working much better in the final 2 spots. Since dooku hands out more shocks now it has only made the trio stronger and has REALLY made me want to put a zeta on Savage if I only didn't need the zetas on so many other key toons first
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    But GA punishes people who have anyone except for revan teams geared up!! Didn’t any of you guys get the memo??

I just took 1st place. My roster is pretty bad but I have been trying to make good decisions with what I have
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

I just took 1st place. My roster is pretty bad but I have been trying to make good decisions with what I have

Congrats! I won like the first 4-5 in a row and have only won 1 since. Not Having Traya and DR when most others do has hurt me.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Traya is still awesome. And obtainable ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I always use Zaul as the basis for my secretly unbeatable defense team. zMaul, zSavage, zBSF, SA and usually Nihilus. Only lost on defense once in GA, and that was to a dude with Revan. It's usually my last team standing often with 2-3 attempted battles to boot. Maul ftw!
  • Options
    I like running SA and Badstila with Maul. Maul+ Assassin almost guarantees my team goes first and with Badstila putting fear on them it usually holds for a few
  • Options
    I like running SA and Badstila with Maul. Maul+ Assassin almost guarantees my team goes first and with Badstila putting fear on them it usually holds for a few

How fast is Maul + Assassin?
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

As in how fast Assassin becomes? Maul's lead adds 20% TM on top of whatever speed you already have. As for how much speed they need, all of it. Like usual. On that team though you really want to stack all your speed on BSF. Sith Assassin is already one of the faster characters and so easy to mod fast and go first under Maul. On maul I find CD set with CD triangle with high speed secondaries to be better than speed set mods. Oh and stack health for his unique.

zMaul is still an incredibly good lead in any case, and it's very plug and play in that you can drop basically any strong sith toons in there and it'll work well, the only character that squad really needs is Sith Assassin.
  • Options
    I've been using zMaul with Darth Revan, Sion, Bastilla Fallen and Nihilus on defense in GA. haven't lost yet with it! If the other person doesn't have Darth Malak, this team out speeds every team in the game. With Sion going first, he clears all the buffs they might have (taunts,foresight,tenacity up) and Darth Revan goes in and inflicts fear on everyone which increases their CD's by 1. Nihilus does his Drain Force which also increases CD's by 1. Bastilla Fallen also inflicts Fear and increases 2 peoples CD's by 1. What that leads to is the other team can only use basic attacks for the first 2 turns and by the time they can use specials, Darth Revan and Bastilla Fallen inflict fear all over again. I do my evil laught every time i set this team on def. People forget how good zMaul lead is! it used to dominate the meta just like how JKR teams have done so.

Another sneaky good team i use is Ima Gun Di lead with zJolee and Anakin on 3v3. Jolee with counter attack all the time with Ima Gun Di lead is annoying to deal with because he's always recovering hp and reducing CD on his revive. Another fun team that holds well on defense in 5v5 is GK lead with zBarris, Ahsoka, Anakin and Hoda.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Zaul/Zavage still trips me up on occasion. I beat them with one second left on the clock last GA using my zCarth team. I killed four of them in under a minute and ate up the rest of the clock trying to get a daze to stick long enough to kill Savage.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Assassin is one of the faster characters, and she gets a 20% TM boost from zMaul so she usually goes first. Then she uses her stealth ability which gives TM to your whole team making most of your team go first. Then Maul Dazes everyone and its usually GG. It's a very powerful combo and my g9-10 team regularly kills g12 teams in GA.

Its even more OP with Fallen Bastilla but I don't use her there anymore. Cheap team is Maul Sass Sit Sid and Savage. Just give Sass a speed set and make her as fast as possible.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Assassin is one of the faster characters, and she gets a 20% TM boost from zMaul so she usually goes first. Then she uses her stealth ability which gives TM to your whole team making most of your team go first. Then Maul Dazes everyone and its usually GG. It's a very powerful combo and my g9-10 team regularly kills g12 teams in GA.

Its even more OP with Fallen Bastilla but I don't use her there anymore. Cheap team is Maul Sass Sit Sid and Savage. Just give Sass a speed set and make her as fast as possible.

Sounds like you use them offensively
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Sounds like you use them offensively

I use them both ways. Offense in GA. D in TW. Even the cheap version can get multiple wins on D. Fallen Bastilla works on the team at 3*