JKR mirror matches

Does anybody else find that they have to hit auto to be able to clear out a jkr team in time?

I normally go after revan first (if I’m faster) rush him down. Then go after jolee. Then the rest in whatever order.

However, I tend to have to hit auto to be able to finish a match in time. The rounds between Revan’s mass assist are basically wasted.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have my yoda modded for offence and speed secondary’s. Should I look at going for crit chance and damage instead?

Replies

• JRuibal
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Crit chance won’t get you far since that team spreads crit immunity like wildfire. High offense is your main goal, with speed very low down the priority list, as yoda is constantly gaining turn meter as you call him to assist over and over again. My strategy usually is to go after yoda (if I can I will save direct focus for later) to trigger savior. Once savior is triggered, I use direct focus on Jolee, if he has buffs like retribution make sure i dispel them with Bastilla, otherwise just hammer him down with your mass assists and you should be fine. Once Jolee is out you can either manual target Revan or yoda or just leave on auto.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/647143542/

That's my profile, check how I modded my JKR team. In 95% of my mirror matches I go 1st and I gun down GMY. After savior he loses mark, and GK taunts. I weaken GK with Bastila and Jolee assists. When my JKR goes again I usually do the AOE and swap with GK, as he should have close to 100% TM because I used the cleanse with him. After that tactical genius with GMY to kill their GMY. If i'm lucky, with the mass assist from GK I kill their GK. Jolee revives them, but I kill both of them easily again with tactical genius(my GMY uses it on theirs) and Jolee assist on GK. After that mark Jolee and boom, battle done in 2 minutes. That happens if they mark my Jolee, Bastila(I just copy the buffs from their Bastila then), which happens 80% of the time. IF they mark JKR or GMY, however, I usually need up to 4 minutes, but almost never auto. I have JKR for a little bit over a month and I've hit auto maybe 5 times, when it's 5v2 and I have like 45 seconds left, which happened, as I said, 5 times. Hope this strategy helps.

I've tried marking JKR in the beginning, but it didn't work as well.
  • Options
    Also, if there is Hoda/Chewie/Thrawn/Nest??(I've seen it too) instead of GK on the other team, it should be even easier, just kill GMY and immediately switch to Jolee.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    High crit chance will increase the chance of GK taunting, when you focus Jolee down - even with Jolee's high crit avoidance. I would advice offense set and offens or alternatively crit dmg triangle.

But yes, timeouts are not uncommon in JKR mirrormatches.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    What are GMY and JKRs special damage? I had mine at 7100 and 6300 and rarely had an issue, even going through several 60k+ health Jolees.
  • Daerdoyann
    12 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Simple tactics... Focus YODA and spent saviour... Then kill him off ASAP ... When Jolie brings him back to life GK will normaly go off and lose the taunt so YODA would have Crit Imunity and then you kill him for the 3rd time... Then you kill of Revan, then GK, Avoid hitting Jolie if he have Retribution or Battle Meditation unles you have the buff from JKR when you cant get countered... Then even if Jolie manages to bring all Jedi back to life for the 2nd time, just kill of YODA again, then JKR and then GK... Then you sweep the flor and win... Its always under 4 min or 3 if Jolie doesnt do the 2nd revive... Also a tip... If you have foresight you can still hit Jolie even if he will counter, because he will miss and the cool down of his revive wont go down for 1...hope this helps... But JKR is not the reall enemy... Neither is Jolie, but GMY... He control the Battle...
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Daerdoyann wrote: »
    Simple tactics... Focus YODA and spent saviour... Then kill him off ASAP ... When Jolie brings him back to life GK will normaly go off and lose the taunt so YODA would have Crit Imunity and then you kill him for the 3rd time... Then you kill of Revan, then GK, Avoid hitting Jolie if he have Retribution or Battle Meditation unles you have the buff from JKR when you cant get countered... Then even if Jolie manages to bring all Jedi back to life for the 2nd time, just kill of YODA again, then JKR and then GK... Then you sweep the flor and win... Its always under 4 min or 3 if Jolie doesnt do the 2nd revive... Also a tip... If you have foresight you can still hit Jolie even if he will counter, because he will miss and the cool down of his revive wont go down for 1...hope this helps... But JKR is not the reall enemy... Neither is Jolie, but GMY... He control the Battle...

That's a lot more work than you need to do if you've modded your team well and know how the mechanics work.
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kill yoda first (because he very often has low health and marked can istakill him if he has no buffs) , then kill jole, than again yoda if alive, then general and then hit autoplay :D
  • Options
    With proper mods and tactics you should actually never lose and hardly ever timeout. Those mirror matches are all about target order and not making mistakes like wasting Bastila's special or using GMY's unstoppable force special instead of his basic.
  • Options
    Strojař wrote: »
    Kill yoda first (because he very often has low health and marked can istakill him if he has no buffs) , then kill jole, than again yoda if alive, then general and then hit autoplay :D

I tend to have more success taking down revan first but I might try hitting yoda again.
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Being on a pretty old shard, I am generally behind mod-wise so I generally are up against faster teams. In many ways I find it easier as long as Yoda or Revan don't get marked first. Generally the opposing Revan goes first then Yoda throws up foresight before my first turn. My Yoda is faster than my Revan, so I use his AOE to mass clear the foresight then use his foresight move, then I use Revan to mark their Revan. Then it is down to turn order. A lot of time I get the opposing Yoda blitz before the rest of my team goes. Sometimes I can kill their Revan twice, sometimes not. For me, it depends on how many Jolee resurrections my opponent gets. A lot of the time, Jolee will burn the move before there are any dead team members. I generally get the time to buff block Kenobi so I can go after Yoda or Jolee while Revan is dead. I do time out from time to time. I also go to auto once I am down to just Kenobi and Bastila left. For some reason, it seems the opposing team always gets a ton of retribution attacks, while my team rarely does. I have won many a match on auto with less than 10 seconds left.

I did have a weird thing happen today, opposing Revan used his AOE saber throw on the first move rather than marking someone on my squad.