Shark Ti release

Prev1
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Anyone know how the character is being released? Marquee, legendary, journey or even something new?

Personally like the look of the kit, not every character has to be gamebreaking or meta defining, looks a fun character for TW and GA. also nice to finally finish my clones from the good old days. Just hoping we know how to unlock so can start preparing.

Replies

• DT_Jango
    125 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if they officially said how she will be released. My guess is something similar to galactic chase or a marquee.
  • Options
    Been a while since we had a marquee, so I don’t mind them. But with how the games shaping up, characters are now pretty useless unless they’re g12 because of 6 dot mods and the significant speed increases.
  • Options
    rwdh83ake1uz.jpg
  • Options
    😂😂😂
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    rwdh83ake1uz.jpg

• Options
    Marquee. She isn't too important in star wars (only for the clones) to be legendary worthy. If boba Fett or jango Fett weren't legendary (fan favorites and changed the story line (such as: bringing Han Solo in Carbonite to Jabba, producing the clones)) so chances are they are going to do a chase event on the cantina battles or just a marquee event but a little tuned up like what they did for jango
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    Has anyone thougth about the possibility that she is part of the reward system of the GeoTB ?? Like ROLO or IPD ?
  • Options
    Carrie said that May would have no new toons or ships. It’s June now and here is momma shark.

I’m guessing marquee
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Bytestream wrote: »
    Has anyone thougth about the possibility that she is part of the reward system of the GeoTB ?? Like ROLO or IPD ?

Unlikely, if the rumors about DS TB first are true.
  • Options
    Marquee, but farmable in time for LSTB since I’ll bet she’ll be required (along with 5’s and 3 other clone troopers) for some sort of shard farm (similar to IPD requiring imperial troopers/stark).
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    DT_Jango wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they officially said how she will be released.

They have not and any posts in this thread are speculation.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I heard it was Android exclusive.
  • Options
    I just hope they don’t screw her up. Her kit looks pretty good on review by both Cubs Fan and Ahnald. Not meta but a fun addition to Clones and a new option for TW and GA. I do like her role in the Clone Wars as the overseeing General of the Clone Training on Kamino and her direct interaction with Fives and Echo. She is seen again in the Clone Wars when Tups and Fives remove the order 66 chip. Hope the synergy with the clones works out and the mod suggestions are true.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    The April 30th Dev post regarding characters says "I’ll note that there was a new marquee/galactic chase character planned for May, which will likely get moved out". It's probably a safe bet that this referred to Shaak Ti. So it may be a Galactic Chase event. Given that normally the character is announced or teased BEFORE the kit reveal, that would make sense too because they wouldn't want us to have advance notice of a Galactic Chase event and which type of energy will be used so people can't stockpile that type of energy.
  • Options
    The April 30th Dev post regarding characters says "I’ll note that there was a new marquee/galactic chase character planned for May, which will likely get moved out". It's probably a safe bet that this referred to Shaak Ti. So it may be a Galactic Chase event. Given that normally the character is announced or teased BEFORE the kit reveal, that would make sense too because they wouldn't want us to have advance notice of a Galactic Chase event and which type of energy will be used so people can't stockpile that type of energy.

Just because of the last 2 chases- is there any literature that this is a ship only thing?
    Not that it matters- they can switch it up whenever they want.
  • Options
    I just hope they don’t screw her up. Her kit looks pretty good on review by both Cubs Fan and Ahnald. Not meta but a fun addition to Clones and a new option for TW and GA. I do like her role in the Clone Wars as the overseeing General of the Clone Training on Kamino and her direct interaction with Fives and Echo. She is seen again in the Clone Wars when Tups and Fives remove the order 66 chip. Hope the synergy with the clones works out and the mod suggestions are true.

It’s my guess that most new releases and touch ups will be PVEcentric with new Tb coming out.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I heard it was Android exclusive.

:D

Well played.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    99% marquee, 1% something different.

99% Galactic Chase, 1% Marquee/other

We've only had new releases through events or Chase for a while, I'm starting to think that the traditional marquee has been replaced with Chase events, at least for the moment.
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options

We've only had new releases through events or Chase for a while, I'm starting to think that the traditional marquee has been replaced with Chase events, at least for the moment.

Untrue.

https://swgohevents.com/marquee

The last four events in order have been EP Shuttle (chase), B1 (marquee), Droideka (marquee), Ebon Hawk (chase).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Since I think they're doing Geo DSTB first (i think) they're releasing her now as a chase or marquee so that when Geo LSTB comes around she will be farmable through a special mission or GET store
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Just because of the last 2 chases- is there any literature that this is a ship only thing?
    Not that it matters- they can switch it up whenever they want.

No, they have never said Chases are ship only things. Carrie specifically stated in her April 30th post that the character they were going to release in May and pushed out is a "marquee/galactic chase character" so that makes it clear that Chase events can apply to characters.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Since I think they're doing Geo DSTB first (i think) they're releasing her now as a chase or marquee so that when Geo LSTB comes around she will be farmable through a special mission or GET store

The TB special mission and get exclusive characters have never started as marquee/chase events before.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

The TB special mission and get exclusive characters have never started as marquee/chase events before.

Fair point
  • Options
    Probably galactic chase, possibly marquee. Unlikely to be a legendary despite having two zetas, her kit just isn't good enough and she was explicitly stated to be a b-team leader, or "not arena viable".
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Options
    I think it’ll be a marquee that can be farmed past 3 stars with a galactic chase event.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I think it’ll be a marquee that can be farmed past 3 stars with a galactic chase event.

Now there's an interesting thought. Might maximize spending that way too...
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options

Exactly my thought. Gives us a nice ETA for the new LSTB. 😊
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

Now there's an interesting thought. Might maximize spending that way too...

They could still do the marquee pack too so it could get you to 4 pretty effortlessly and then go ham trying to get her 7*... I think this would be a really cool approach
  • Options
    Good point but Darth Revan is hardly a huge part in Star Wars, neither was JKR (same person I know) nor traya yet they’ve been the last 3 metas.
    Dinotank46 wrote: »
    Marquee. She isn't too important in star wars (only for the clones) to be legendary worthy. If boba Fett or jango Fett weren't legendary (fan favorites and changed the story line (such as: bringing Han Solo in Carbonite to Jabba, producing the clones)) so chances are they are going to do a chase event on the cantina battles or just a marquee event but a little tuned up like what they did for jango

• Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Untrue.

https://swgohevents.com/marquee

The last four events in order have been EP Shuttle (chase), B1 (marquee), Droideka (marquee), Ebon Hawk (chase).

I know you get a lot of flak and such and it doesn’t really add to the conversation but this soooo reminded me of the whole Dwight Schrute meme thing...