Daka's "fix" a sign of others to follow? (QGJ specifically)

First, I don't feel like the removal of self-revive will have that big an impact on Daka, she's still a very viable toon.

HOWEVER.....it seems like they removed her self-revive because her tool-tip states that she has a chance to revive her allies, which implies allies and not herself.

Guess what? She's not the only toon with such a discrepancy. Off the top of my head I can think of QGJ and his leader tool-tip which says something like "Jedi allies get +23 speed".....specifically allies, and yet he gets the speed buff as well.

If that's the case....if they "fixed" Daka, does that mean other toons like QGJ are scheduled to get "fixed" in the future as well? Seems logical that if they fix Daka they need to fix QGJ and others with similar tool-tip discrepancies. Changing how QGJ's leader buff works will have a much, much larger impact than Daka's fix.

Is this something we should be expecting in the future? Not just QGJ but other toons with "allies only" in their tool-tip that currently have an effect apply to themselves as well?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    This has been addressed by the devs already. "Allies" or "all allies" includes everyone. Daka's ability says "another ally".
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    If QGJ's ability wasn't meant to affect himself, it would say "other jedi allies".
    Regardless, they do not do it blindly, e.g., they changed Bariss's heal description to state that it ignores heal immunity partly, rather than removing that effect.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    This has been addressed by the devs already. "Allies" or "all allies" includes everyone. Daka's ability says "another ally".

Gotcha. Never seen a dev post about it but thanks for the clarification. Still seems odd to have "allies" include yourself but I guess that's how CG chooses to define it.