Zeta Mats: What’s the REAL odds on Challenges, and do you change them?

Prev1
There’s my Q&A for CG. Too much coincidence that the odds seemingly change for most based on stats and new content release schedules?
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Would you mind posting your data with this discussion, it makes it much easier to have a fruitful discussion about such topics.
  • Options
    Shouldn’t we see if the Devs will respond to the odds question first? There’s nothing officially posted on Zeta mat challenges. A simple reply with the odds, and if they are modified or not, will prevent a drawn out discussion of hypotheticals and folks disagreeing.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options
    Also what would prevent it is not making threads about it when you have zero data to back up your claim.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Shouldn’t we see if the Devs will respond to the odds question first? There’s nothing officially posted on Zeta mat challenges. A simple reply with the odds, and if they are modified or not, will prevent a drawn out discussion of hypotheticals and folks disagreeing.

But you are making the claim:
    There’s my Q&A for CG. Too much coincidence that the odds seemingly change for most based on stats and new content release schedules?

I know you out a question mark at the end, but you are making a statement, not really asking a question.

I'm wondering if you can back this up with any evidence that this is the case.

If you didnt want to have a drawn out hypothetical discussion, then why ask a hypothetical question with no evidence?
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Options
    Go over to Reddit. There's a very interesting conversation going on about the odd rates and their variability based on a patent that changes them and is seemingly "undetectable" by players.
  • Ultra
    11537 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    Go over to Reddit. There's a very interesting conversation going on about the odd rates and their variability based on a patent that changes them and is seemingly "undetectable" by players.
    Just because it’s patented doesn’t mean it’s being used

They confirmed not changing the drop rates at any point nor curating drop rates to each individual player
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder what games EA has confirmed that it uses this tech for? Or perhaps they don't use it at all?
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options
    Is this the new knob thread then?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Why you got to be such a knob? Let them have their knob conspiracy theories.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I wonder what games EA has confirmed that it uses this tech for? Or perhaps they don't use it at all?

Not sure if you have ever looked into this, but there are a great number of patents out there that are not used. Many are patented to protect or allow for the sale of IP if someone else wants it.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Options
    Yes anything that isn't 100% towing the line is conspiracy theories. 😂
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't hold your breath that the dev's will answer this question.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Not sure if you have ever looked into this, but there are a great number of patents out there that are not used. Many are patented to protect or allow for the sale of IP if someone else wants it.

I have looked into it and have worked with patented tech previously. This is a reasonable response and actually plausible. However EA's utter silence on whether or not it uses the tech themselves and on what products is concerning.
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Why you got to be such a knob? Let them have their knob conspiracy theories.

You misspelled noob.
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options

I have looked into it and have worked with patented tech previously. This is a reasonable response and actually plausible. However EA's utter silence on whether or not it uses the tech themselves and on what products is concerning.

Well you shouldn't expect to hear anything here, on the official forums.

On the other hand....Reddit. (facepalm)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bwxmbh/ea_patent_have_we_been_deceived_all_along/
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I never expect communication here which is why when people have a question that's addressed on Reddit I point them there as it's far more likely to be answered by the devs there.
  • Options
    The patent has been around for 2 years...people are just looking for things to complain about.
  • Options

No it is not. People always think that their concerns are so important that they require addressing.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Options
    Yes people just learning something is them seeking out a thing to complain about😂 you gotta love the forums
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

No answer is an answer.... So yes assume they use it, but to officially say so would infuriate the masses and potentially bring government actions against them for unfair gambling practices.
  • Options

No answer is an answer.... So yes assume they use it, but to officially say so would infuriate the masses and potentially bring government actions against them for unfair gambling practices.

Is there any evidence that they do?
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

Pfft evidence.

Now you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sim my dailies one and a time because CG gives better drop rates for that.
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Three at a time! What a noob
  • Options
    I'm such a ****
  • Options
    Phern wrote: »

Agreed... especially when farming slicing materials
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options

That's when the knob is turned to 3. Right now it's turned to 1.
  • Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

You need evidence... sigh I suppose you still believe facebook, amazon, microsoft, apple, samsung, etc.. aren't keeping all your personal information in giant data warehouses also.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go hide in my basement, discussing the alien coverup conspiracy on my HAM radio... They're out there people! /sarcasm

• Options

That's when the knob is turned to 3. Right now it's turned to 1.

Ugh... you need to share that information sooner... sooo much wasted energy =(
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yeah, I make no assertions about its use.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, I make no assertions about its use.

Neither do I. I'm in no position to make any kind of authoritative claims in one direction or the other.
This discussion has been closed.