Easy 2-step solution to running concurrent TBs

kurtisblow
88 posts Member
edited June 2019
Hi CG. I understand you want us to be able to choose which TB to run. Here's how you can do it while providing a great QoL enhancement:

1) Create a Guild Achievements page that is viewable by current and prospective guild members. This page has results from each TB map that displays the best total number of stars earned as well as highest special mission rewards we've earned for each phase. Maybe a tab for each map? Shows prospective and current guild members what we're capable of.

2) Allow Guild officers to select which map will launch each week like you plan. Whichever map isn't selected will immediately payout "simmed" rewards based on the highest previously earned rewards on that map. This creates an incentive to try new maps while not missing out on rewards we are used to, and a reason to go back to an older map to try and increase stars/future sim payouts without sacrificing what's been earned in a new map.

Boom. Problem solved, with minimal effort and everyone is happy.

Replies

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    either that or run them seperately, it is only a 4 day event after all surely it can be squeezed in.
    the only reason they are not running it seperately is they would be giving out too many rewards per month
  • Options
    You're missing the point. They don't want to let you run both not because the system doesn't allow it. They don't want it because they don't want to give you double rewards. Having 2 TBs would give us more rewards and we all know they don't like to give us much for free. So we need to choose.
  • Options
    You may be right, and to me that seems the only reasonable explanation for why they are not allowing for a way to do both. But I don’t agree it’s the right approach. New content should bring new rewards, not replacement rewards.
  • Options
    Agreed, I’m sure top hats comment about people “getting burned out” from playing too much is the only reason. It’s totally the rewards, don’t want people growing too fast now do we..... at least not without paying for it!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Correct the game has an economy. Part of that is to pace the development of the game. None of this is new or secret information.

If they ran both or allowed for both rewards to be accepted they would have to limit the rewards in the new system in some way to keep that balance. We dont yet know what the breakdown will be and the new TB could be offering a fair amount if currency to keep close to the par for the HTB.
  • Kilker
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I’ll hold my judgement until we see the loot table for geo Tb. I hope that a moderate star could on geo (10-15) would equal the same amount of get for close to max star on Hoth.