Malak Questions...

I apologize if these have already been asked/answered, but I have a couple of questions regarding the Malak event (Since DR returns next week).

1. Is the 2 day Malak event that ran a few months ago meant to be a recurring event or was it more intended to be like a marquee event since you have to farm the remaining shards in the Store?

2. If the Event is a recurring event will it continue to be a two day event?

3. If it is still going to remain a two day event will there be a longer notification period for it's return so people don't miss it again?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    1. No one knows
    2. No one knows
    3. No one knows

Sorry but that's the truth.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Sorry but that's the truth.

Ahh crap I was expecting lies.... =)

That's what I thought so I'm hoping we can get feedback from one of them @CG type peoples =p
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I'm hoping someone gives me a car today for free, which amazingly enough is more likely I think.
  • Options
    I'm hoping someone gives me a car today for free, which amazingly enough is more likely I think.

While we're at it I'd also like Saturday's winning lotto numbers.... but you never know it could happen I did ask politely =)

• taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if in a few months they just open him up to GET and his "event" never returns. As mentioned before, there was a Spring event, that was a one time only event. It's never come back.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if in a few months they just open him up to GET and his "event" never returns. As mentioned before, there was a Spring event, that was a one time only event. It's never come back.

How is the Spring Event in any way comparable?
  • Options

Given that there is a quest to beat the event I am 99.9% sure it is coming back at some point.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Given that there is a quest to beat the event I am 99.9% sure it is coming back at some point.

Poor point in the other direction, since the Spring Event had an achievement and never came back...
  • Options
    What is this spring event you guys speak of?
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    They added the achievement for the event so it must be coming back. But they can change the reward to just unlock the shards in the get shop instead of unlocking 5* toon.
  • Options

Poor point in the other direction, since the Spring Event had an achievement and never came back...

Achievements are a bit different from quests. Legacy achievements that are no longer achievable are fairly common in the industry while quests taking up room in your "quest log" that can't be completed are fairly non-existent.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah but CG so....
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    Malak had an achievement too.
  • Options
    Are these questions not reasonable? I thought we just couldn't ask when an event was returning... I thought the question of If an event is returning would be ok?
  • Options
    The questions are reasonable, it's just that no one knows the answers. Malak is a unique type of event, we haven't seen anything like it before. The only answers you get will be worthless speculation, since the only people who have the information you seek (game developers) aren't going to tell us yet.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Are these questions not reasonable? I thought we just couldn't ask when an event was returning... I thought the question of If an event is returning would be ok?

You can ask (nearly) any question you want , but getting a response from someone who actually knows the answer is almost certainly not going to happen.

Malak is a unique event, so we don't really have any precedent for it, but we can always speculate based on other events and character releases. It's unlikely that they'd release a character once and if you didn't get him, you never will, so he'll probably come back in one form or another, most likely a re-run of the event in early July. Additionally, events rarely change format (number of days) for subsequent ones, so yes, it will probably just be two days again. We might get more warning, but I wouldn't bet on it, so just have your OR/SE characters ready as soon as possible.

But that's all speculation. Only the devs know the answers to your questions for sure, and they're not talking.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Since they did not give any info about this yet i expect it will not be a standard return like we are used to. But I am 100% sure that event will return in some form and everyone will be able to get Malak sooner or later.
  • Options
    IF the event wasn't returning, how else would one acquire Malak?
  • Options
    IF the event wasn't returning, how else would one acquire Malak?

Once you have DR unlocked open the character up to be only farmable in the GET store.... Horrible farm too
  • Options
    1. Recurring, approximately 12 days after DR. Before people have a chance to fully gear DR squad for this event that just got him. This gives the malak owners the boost in GAC.

2. Unknown.

3. No.
  • Options
    It must be a recurring event otherwise the story and ending of the drevan event where they are heading to the starforge and the CS of malak is pointless.
  • Options
    Maybe considering that actual Malak Owner are already complaining since weeks to loose the advantage (for which they paid) if Malak returns already after 3 months, CG might select another schedule for this event, maybe only all 6 months or so ;-), or even longer, who knows?
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    Malak wasn’t hard to get in a F2P way, so idk what you are talking about
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    1. Recurring, approximately 12 days after DR. Before people have a chance to fully gear DR squad for this event that just got him. This gives the malak owners the boost in GAC.

2. Unknown.

3. No.

Should have said unknown for 1 too.