All enemies in squad arena battles have triple the amount of protection that I have.

Rhyno1
3 posts Member
All enemies in squad arena battles have triple the amount of protection that I have. Every enemy I have come across is the same, massive amounts of protection, my whole squad gets defeated in three rounds, I cannot progress any further.
An Ea Rep. said that they had that much protection because they had Bastila in the squad, I told him that was not always the case. I am attaching a pic that shows just that, joqznmboto2r.jpg
no Bastila, but yet massive amounts of protection. I do not think this is right or fair that all other players have that and I don't how do I get that protection?

Replies

• Options
    That’s because they are a higher gear level, also a synergy squad, your squad is a mix up, low gear, and this does not address mods,
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Well to be far, the opponent has RG ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    What gear level are your characters and their characters? Do you have mods on your characters?
  • Options
    @GhostTruckin what you mean by synergy? all same type?
    @ TVF what's RG?
    @Liath gear level 8-9 yes mods attached most at level 15-C
    thanks guys for the responses.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I had chili dogs for lunch....they were delicious
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Synergy means that the team works well together. For example, Yoda's lead gives bonuses to Jedi but you have a bunch of non-Jedi in that squad that aren't getting anything from it. That's a lack of synergy.

Your characters are g8-9? What about the people you are facing?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    RG is Royal Guard. The rest are droids, he is not.
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    Options
    The HK on the other team is G11, so I'd assume the others are around there as well. A G8 and G9 hodgepodge team won't beat a G11 team that has some synergy.
  • Options
    ah ok I get it....so I won't get any victories until I gat higher lvl mods n gear....
    that kind sucks....
    thanx guys for the help.
    @Kokie chilli dogs do sound good mmmm
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Rhyno1 wrote: »
    ah ok I get it....so I won't get any victories until I gat higher lvl mods n gear....
    that kind sucks....

It’s not so bad. You’re overachieving for your team. That’s actually a good thing! Think of it this way—if I told you that you were getting $20 worth of groceries for only $10, wouldn’t you feel glad for the value?

You’ve hit the ceiling for that team. That’s unfortunate, but it happens and you’ve been getting good crystals for a while now to ease you into the transition of better-synergy teams and higher gear for that team.

But, as for not winning anymore, no, you’ll still get some wins and hover in your general rank for a little while. What’ll happen is you’ve gotten as high as that team can take you at that gear level, so people beneath you will beat you and bring you down a bit overnight. Then the next day you’ll beat them and reclaim your lost rank.

What’s important, though, is you begin your transition now. Sooner started, sooner ended, longer time for more profits! Good luck!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    That’s because they are a higher gear level, also a synergy squad, your squad is a mix up, low gear, and this does not address mods,

His squad isn't a mix up. It's meta!!!
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »

What do you mean by chili dog?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »

What do you mean by chili dog?

yzrloq4tby0s.gif
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    That's making me more thirsty than hungry.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I think Rhyno1 is Kyno trolling us with an alt.
  • Options
    I think you missed a point there. Enemy has r2-d2, that if he has number crunch zeta, gains a lot of protection for every droid ally and shares 10% of the total protection to every droid ally. In your case, r2 gains 30% protection. And if r2 is modded for protection, it makes sense that it triples your protection.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Based on your squad makeup I'd guess that you're a fairly new player and you've just reached the point where you're starting to see "real" teams. Your squad is a random mishmash of gear 9-ish characters, whereas your opponent has a synergized droid team (mostly, the royal guard is a bit janky but he works on non-Empire teams) that all look to be around gear 11.

You need to pick a squad and focus on it. That means build a squad that has synergy i.e. all one faction under a strong leadership ability; right now it looks like you're using Yoda lead, which means only Yoda and Lumi are getting any benefit from his leadership. You also need to gear them up to at least gear 11, and give them good mods.

If you do stick with Jedi, you'll find that Lumi becomes pretty useless as you progress. Fortunately there are lots of good Jedi that are pretty easy to get, so you'll want to replace her ASAP.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Darth_Viel wrote: »
    I think you missed a point there. Enemy has r2-d2, that if he has number crunch zeta, gains a lot of protection for every droid ally and shares 10% of the total protection to every droid ally. In your case, r2 gains 30% protection. And if r2 is modded for protection, it makes sense that it triples your protection.

This was why I thought we were being trolled, because none of the other vets here mentioned it. Figured they were playing along.
  • Options
    On a side note, if you have Yoda that means you have at least 5 other Jedi. I’d probably start with whoever they are and focus on a Jedi team, gearing up the useful ones and replacing the non-useful ones with better Jedi as you unlock them. If you have them, I would gear these first (in this order):
    Yoda
    General Kenobi
    Bastila
    Ezra Bridger
    Old Ben
    Anakin Skywalker
    Ahsoka Tahno
    Jolee
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Of those, Ezra, qui-gon, Ahsoka and Old Ben are all pretty easy farms (though you’ll want to pick between the ones that are farmed from the same place, I.e. Ezra or Ben, Ahsoka or Qui-Gon).
  • Options
    that kind sucks....

Git gud mate.

Don't worry...farm hard...or pay cash...and you'll get there :) easy.

There is no secret to being a "good" player with "good" teams in this game. They either farmed for a long time or paid money. No skill involved.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    that kind sucks....

Git gud mate.

There is no secret to being a "good" player with "good" teams in this game. They either farmed for a long time or paid money. No skill involved.

Lol speaking of git gud...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    that kind sucks....

Git gud mate.

Skill comes from time put in to research and learn what works and what doesn't.
  • Rhyno1
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Thank all good info. not trolin really didn't know
  • Options

You'll get there :)

Just ask lots and lots of questions, watch videos, read articles...you'll get there :)
  • Options
    All enemies in squad arena battles have triple the amount of protection that I have. Every enemy I have come across is the same, massive amounts of protection, my whole squad gets defeated in three rounds, I cannot progress any further.
    An Ea Rep. said that they had that much protection because they had Bastila in the squad, I told him that was not always the case. I am attaching a pic that shows just that, joqznmboto2r.jpg
    no Bastila, but yet massive amounts of protection. I do not think this is right or fair that all other players have that and I don't how do I get that protection?

Wait, this part actually happened?
    "An Ea Rep. said that they had that much protection because they had Bastila in the squad, I told him that was not always the case. I am attaching a pic that shows just that."
    https://youtu.be/Fkqg6HE888A
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Wait, this part actually happened?
    "An Ea Rep. said that they had that much protection because they had Bastila in the squad, I told him that was not always the case. I am attaching a pic that shows just that."
    https://youtu.be/Fkqg6HE888A

Probably thought OP was referring to Bastilla lead Zeta that gives 150% extra protection. That would lead to 250% more and the complaint was 300% more so enemy zeta bastilla lead would be the most likely cause without seeing a Screenshot.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

It's commendable you managed to get so far with your squad while being overgeared too. GG!
  • Options
    @Rhyno1 Check out swgoh.gg to see how protection changes with gear level. Click on Units in the top nav, then pick a unit, then click on gear levels on the left nav. The site will tell you how much protection each character has after completing the specified gear level.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

I like this guy. Stick around.