G12 Barriss (zeta)
G12 Savage (zeta)
G12 Old Ben (zetazeta)

Your impressions for a defensive team?

Replies

• Options
    For the ebon hawk cantina node- solid
  • Options
    First impressions are let me go read what on earth lumi's lead does.... be right back
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Could see it potentially working in the back row in GA if your opponent has already used up their heavy hitters. Almost any halfway-synergized team will plow through it easily, though. I certainly wouldn't take so many substandard zetas just for this team.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you are relatively new, but 5xgold rings does not always mean its a good team.

There is some synergy there, but team is probably better split up and add another Jedi tank and attacker in place of Savage and Fulcrum.

Savage under his own lead + 4 random toons makes a pretty good D team by himself.
  • Options
    Back wall for sure.

Honestly, the only threat on that team is savage.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you are relatively new, but 5xgold rings does not always mean its a good team.

There is some synergy there, but team is probably better split up and add another Jedi tank and attacker in place of Savage and Fulcrum.

Savage under his own lead + 4 random toons makes a pretty good D team by himself.

Once you’ve been here awhile, you realize you can click on people’s names to see how long they have been here. For instance, me clicking your name, I realize you’ve only been around for about a year.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Back wall for sure.

Honestly, the only threat on that team is savage.

I’m switching old ben out with G12 7* GK. Basically, this team would be anti crit team with GK and Zariss syncing well. Luminara would basically die quickly, but her lead syncs well with Zsavage and zATF.
  • Options
    What sort of level team are you trying to defend against? At a first thought EP/Vader/TFP.... will rip that team to shreds. But I guess that is trading up in power quite a bit. If you are going to use GK in the team though I think his lead is better than Lumi's personally, especially if you switch out savage for Fives. You have any sith you can throw Zavage with?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    BamBam wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

Once you’ve been here awhile, you realize you can click on people’s names to see how long they have been here. For instance, me clicking your name, I realize you’ve only been around for about a year.

Thanks. I wasn't trying to be rude. Time on forums doesnt neccisarily equate to time in game.

So, other than the question about your newness, my impression stands, UNLESS you are just doing it to make a fun different team. I just did not get that impression. Good luck.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    What sort of level team are you trying to defend against? At a first thought EP/Vader/TFP.... will rip that team to shreds. But I guess that is trading up in power quite a bit. If you are going to use GK in the team though I think his lead is better than Lumi's personally, especially if you switch out savage for Fives. You have any sith you can throw Zavage with?

Both ATF and Savage have per turn dispel and ATF is immune to DoTs. My concern would be BH teams. This team isnt suppose to be a new meta. I find that stuff boring. Eventually you do or you stop playing. I find these types of teams actually do better in TW because it surprises people.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Options
    what Bracket are you planning on deploying this? Surprising isn’t a good tactic for end game brackets but mid range it can be very effective
  • Options
    Both ATF and Savage have per turn dispel

As does zBarriss at the end of her turn.... but not to be funny but there is a reason I thought of EP first ;) It's not like EP lead counters sith teams with Traya in them for no reason.

But yes, as others have said a team with half decent synergy and a bit of damage will beat it. But as you said it'll potentially surprise and confuse some players that look at it and think it's just 5 random characters. Ewoks and possibly Troopers could struggle with it.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be curious to see if YOLO could take the team by himself.

I'd reorganize it by dropping Fulcrum and Savage for Jedi. Savage is particularly useful for cleanup on offense, or leading his own defense.

Whatever method you choose, I'd avoid giving out zetas to this team
  • Options
    Are you trying to make a timeout team? The main problem I see with this is no offense. All someone has to do is bring in one character who can apply healing immunity (like Sidious) and you’re hosed. Or just bring in hi damage characters, like scoundrels or first order.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Bouu wrote: »
    what Bracket are you planning on deploying this? Surprising isn’t a good tactic for end game brackets but mid range it can be very effective

Second line TW is where I’d like to place them. Possibly centerpiece TW
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    I'd be curious to see if YOLO could take the team by himself.

I'd reorganize it by dropping Fulcrum and Savage for Jedi. Savage is particularly useful for cleanup on offense, or leading his own defense.

Whatever method you choose, I'd avoid giving out zetas to this team

I’ve got like 10 zetas to spare. My savage and barriss already have theres too.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Are you trying to make a timeout team? The main problem I see with this is no offense. All someone has to do is bring in one character who can apply healing immunity (like Sidious) and you’re hosed. Or just bring in hi damage characters, like scoundrels or first order.

High damage characters tend to rely on critical damage. Which, with GK tank with every critical hit and with barriss 20% heal with every critical hit, all I have to do is keep savage and fulcrum alive and they’d be the damage dealers.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Both ATF and Savage have per turn dispel

As does zBarriss at the end of her turn.... but not to be funny but there is a reason I thought of EP first ;) It's not like EP lead counters sith teams with Traya in them for no reason.

Yes, of course. Looks like this team would need to have pretty high tenacity. More than probably is realistic. EP lead would be a concern. Another thought could be to replace luminara lead with G12 Yoda lead (zetazeta) to help counter that. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Team lineup:
    G12 Luminara lead (zeta)
    G12 Ahsoka Fulc (zeta)
    G12 Barriss (zeta)
    G12 Savage (zeta)
    G12 Old Ben (zetazeta)

Your impressions for a defensive team?

People will throw trash at it and it will hold for quite a few defenses likely.
    Thats what many don't consider. Nobody with throw A level teams at that lineup and it will hold better against mid teams than many expect.

I zeta'd luminara and have had success in this area. Not a good team anywhere else or for any other reason... pure novelty.