Death Star Community Raid

CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
I really want a Death Star Raid, however, due to the Capital Ship limitation, it seems very hard to implement.
So, in thinking of ways to circumvent this, an idea popped into my mind, which I thought would be cool.

What if CG released a Death Star Raid that was a community event? Every single swgoh player could hop in and try to take it down.
Obviously there'd be leaderboards, etc, and not sure how difficult this would be to pull off from a technical perspective, but let me know what you think.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Options
    I love this idea. I remember Smithie D suggested one years ago.

I think it would really add to ships.
  • Options
    This would be super cool
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Community activities like this would be fun. I think they used to do them in EVE Online?
  • Options
    Awesome!!
  • Options
    Sounds interesting on paper but how would you do a rewards system for thousands upon thousands of players all at different stages in the game. Thats too big of gap to try and do. And me personally I wouldnt bother doing it just for a pitty reward knowing i might rank 9999999 on the board. Lol well maybe not that low.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options
    I like this idea way better than a guild ship raid. I dont care for ships. I dont really wanna do a mandatory guild ship raid 2 or 3 times a week, and that will hurt my guild which sucks. So a community event i could choose when to participate in that sounds good.
  • Options
    Wow, that's a really good idea. We can have monthly community events, like It happens in other games. To this event everyone could only use rebels ships. We can have events only using clones, Empire, bounty Hunters, etc. If the community do a certain damage, we can unlock rewards like Double drops for certain days. Everyone working to have this can be so Nice!
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I really want a Death Star Raid, however, due to the Capital Ship limitation, it seems very hard to implement.
    So, in thinking of ways to circumvent this, an idea popped into my mind, which I thought would be cool.

What if CG released a Death Star Raid that was a community event? Every single swgoh player could hop in and try to take it down.
    Obviously there'd be leaderboards, etc, and not sure how difficult this would be to pull off from a technical perspective, but let me know what you think.

Then everyone gets 330 Jedi Luke Shards! Woohoo

Optimism at its finest
  • Options
    Sounds interesting on paper but how would you do a rewards system for thousands upon thousands of players all at different stages in the game. Thats too big of gap to try and do. And me personally I wouldnt bother doing it just for a pitty reward knowing i might rank 9999999 on the board. Lol well maybe not that low.

https://images.app.goo.gl/XV8f9nPKivQmg1879
  • Options
    Ya and you can earn multiple shards of different characters (such as, death star trooper, shadow trooper and obviously Jedi luke)
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Too many people hate fleet
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Nema wrote: »
    Too many people hate fleet

Exactly, which is why a guild ship raid might be bad imo. This way, people who hate fleet can continue to hate fleet.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    maybe even just one per shard, rather than 'thousands upon thousands' of players.
  • Options
    What a terrible idea, every raid is a challenge for a guild, its a test for leader ability to plan something and make all members follows, its a really team building achievement. With global raid, who will coordinate everything? Who will lead and push players to develop such raid roster? Where is "guild achievement" feeling? What if nobody will care new raid and didn't participate, who will motivate ignorers then? CG_Srumb?

And, finally, for million of participants raid health must be so high, that each player will be able to deal maximum like 0,00001% of raid health. Is it fun?

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    The scope is pretty crazy. I’m sure if they could make it work, they’ve looked into it or will look into it.
    It’d have to be a lot like madden mobile community rewards, different categories of course. Phase 1 kill 5 million tie fighters... etc. ..etc.

But the size of the battle is :#
  • Options
    If anyone played Star Wars force collection, that game proved that worldwide event raids are possible. In fact I believe the death star was one of the events players could attack. And rewards were structured very fairly.