Assault Battles Reduced

Jarule
41 posts Member
Suddenly in June, all the Assault Battles only run for 1 day now? What gives?

Replies

• Options
    In may we have 3 that ran for 2 days now we have 6 for one day
  • Jarule
    41 posts Member
    Options
    In March we had 6 that lasted 2 days each.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Jarule wrote: »

So why didn't you say anything in April or May and why didn't you bring that up in your original post?

If you want to complain that assault battles have been reduced from 12 days to 6 days, then more power to you. But you only thought of that once people pointed out that you were wrong.

Furthermore, you're only looking at assault battles and not taking into context that assault battles are just one event type. Their goal is to have events running every day, which might not necessarily be assault battles and due to the introduction of grand arena championships and a new territory battle might mean there's less time to allocate towards assault battles. Always look at everything in context.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options

Correct. Also in February. And in January. And so on.

(I'm assuming. I didn't count. There were more each month leading up to April though)

The fact that there used to be more is a separate discussion from this months calendar vs. last months calendar.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    We also used to have monthly subscription for crystals. They changed alot of things from the past. Its been like this for 3 months now it is new norm.
  • Jarule
    41 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

So why didn't you say anything in April or May and why didn't you bring that up in your original post?

If you want to complain that assault battles have been reduced from 12 days to 6 days, then more power to you. But you only thought of that once people pointed out that you were wrong.

Furthermore, you're only looking at assault battles and not taking into context that assault battles are just one event type. Their goal is to have events running every day, which might not necessarily be assault battles and due to the introduction of grand arena championships and a new territory battle might mean there's less time to allocate towards assault battles. Always look at everything in context.

Because they didn’t change the duration of AB until now. They have always been 2 days long. I am expressing my consternation that they reduced AB duration (per event) across the board and didn’t communicate, so I only just realized this change today when the Imperial event was no longer running. I think perhaps instead of assuming what my argument is you should just read my first post. My second was a response to Sarith Lekit, who did not have a logical counterpoint.
  • Options
    We also used to have monthly subscription for crystals. They changed alot of things from the past. Its been like this for 3 months now it is new norm.

I remember that subscription
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Because they didn’t change the duration of AB until now. They have always been 2 days long. I am expressing my consternation that they reduced AB duration (per event) across the board and didn’t communicate, so I only just realized this change today when the Imperial event was no longer running.

They did communicate, it was in the calendar released at the beginning of the month.
  • Jarule
    41 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

They did communicate, it was in the calendar released at the beginning of the month.

That’s the same thing as saying Coke tastes different now and you should have read the ingredients label to know there was a change. Kudos to you if you read the duration of every event (that has always been the same) just in case it changed for some reason.

My original post is really just wondering why the change.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Funny how we get so wrapped up in how long events should run. Personally 6 AB one time each is just as good as 3 twice. It's all shard shop currency anyway so yeah. I'm just going through GA withdraws right now which is a topic for a different thread
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options

That’s the same thing as saying Coke tastes different now and you should have read the ingredients label to know there was a change. Kudos to you if you read the duration of every event (that has always been the same) just in case it changed for sure me reason.

Probably an acknowledgement that they reduced the frequency of events so at least this way if you like a certain event you'll be more likely to see it at least.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

That’s the same thing as saying Coke tastes different now and you should have read the ingredients label to know there was a change. Kudos to you if you read the duration of every event (that has always been the same) just in case it changed for some reason.

You: They didn't communicate!
    Me: Yes, they did.
    You: I can't be expected to read the communication!
  • Jarule
    41 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

You: They didn't communicate!
    Me: Yes, they did.
    You: I can't be expected to read the communication!

Me: I said I wanted to know WHY. The phrase "what gives" (in my original post) is another way of asking "why was this change made", which they didn't communicate. Telling me the calendar shows 1 day doesn't in any way tell me why. TVF is the only person here actually addressing my original comment.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    I think that's the first time someone here thought I said something useful. :p
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Because they didn’t change the duration of AB until now. They have always been 2 days long. I am expressing my consternation that they reduced AB duration (per event) across the board and didn’t communicate, so I only just realized this change today when the Imperial event was no longer running. I think perhaps instead of assuming what my argument is you should just read my first post. My second was a response to Sarith Lekit, who did not have a logical counterpoint.

The reason nobody is addressing your original point is because of this post, where you strongly imply that your point is lack of communication.

It looks like TVF is right and they are probably just increasing the frequency of every event and reducing the duration. Oh well.