Dual TBs are totally doable for higher end guilds!!!!

Prev134
TK421OKC_SITH
225 posts Member
edited June 2019
Ok here’s my thing. GeoTB lasts 4 days, right? So my guild - we are FFA through day 4 of DSTB, no rules just do SM’s and get all stars. Very little thought involved. So if we ran both DSTB and GeoTB simultaneously, it would not even be a stretch. GeoTB would be over before any real thought was needed for the last two days of DSTB....... why not let guilds choose if they want to do one or the other, or both?

Not giving us much credit, are you?

Stinks to lose the chance of DSTB rewards since this is a rewards-based game after all. We can handle it, give us the chance!!!! (Please and thank you)

Replies

• Options
    Individual guilds should have the right to decide umongst themselves if they want the extra burden of doing both events at the same time. We also run all 3 raids at the same time, but don't have to choose between running one or the other. Give us credit for knowing what we can handle. Terrible move on the devs part.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if it might not be because the server wouldn’t be able to take both running at the same time
  • Hapotte
    100 posts Member
    Options
    We've worked so hard to fight for the 48th star in dstb, leave us the choice to do both, if it's too much work, guild will choose for themselves which one they do. For most it will be both if they start the same day. Let us take reward for gearing certain teams for an event.
  • Rucous1
    37 posts Member
    Options
    This is ridiculous to not let guilds not choose how they want to handle TB. Big guilds can handle p1-4 on autopilot. Basically deploy, SM and done. Guilds can handle doing 3 raids on the same day, they can handle doing a GW, and TW or TB, wow you think we can’t handle doing two TB’s?
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    They are trying to prevent guilds from earning the rewards from both TBs at the same time. They aren't really concerned about the difficulty factor, that was all just a smokescreen to make it appear as though this decision was for our benefit (which it's not btw).
    Post edited by Slippyfist on
  • flux_rono
    2125 posts Member
    Options
    the way i see it is yes run both at once and simple solution to where we dont get too much currency, Hoth TB has the normal rewards, Geo TB has only the mkII tokens, primarily has all the gear 12 stuff (with a good number of the hard to get gear), and maybe less crystals

the main problem i know is they wouldn't only put those higher gear parts in their, but why not its meant to be a challenge and the gear 12 still isnt the easiest to get for some guilds.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, we would waltz thru both of them. 168m GP guild with mixed levels, our weaker guildies may struggle in the Geo TB, but we walk thru 40+ stars even if we're missing a bit of participation.
    It may be a coding/server issue for them, if it is... then maybe roll back-to-back TBs, just roll them one after the other and then have the occasional week break.
    Either way, peeps should be able to opt in for either TB, or both, if the game coding can handle it.
    I still enjoy doing TBs, and using newly acquired toons like Traya, Padme, Revan, Drevan....etc to try them out. TBs are a better testing ground than GW (too weak), or Arena (too strong) for GA and TW.
    Still loving playing, just hope they change tack and allow us to do both at the same time.
  • Options
    I can only agree!

Don't let the Hoth die out.
  • Options
    copper32 wrote: »
    I can only agree!

Don't let the Hoth die out.

#savehoth
  • Options
    The first 4 days of Hoth TB aren't too hard anyway. I also think it's doable.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The new TB even has a new currency!! Its a joke we cant leave the hoth TB alongside the new TB.. (And yes I know the new one rewards both, which is why its stupid to not just have both TBs running instead)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    too bad not every guild is higher end..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Cool. Glad you can handle it. Don't you see how this sets up an arms race? You guys can handle it, so if they say fine and allow dual-TBs, now people are going to have to keep up with you or fall behind, meaning everyone else is going to have to handle it, too.

It's fine. Just do the new thing and then look back on the old thing as something that you can always go back to if you miss it. Don't make everyone else have to decide if they want to be hardcore or not.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I'm not even 2M, casual player but I did $ gem on Cantina farms. Not motivated to do so much more if they are going to mutually exclude content like this.
    Hoth was one of my goals. But with half the ROLO and IPD shards, and now this...
    I already accepted not gearing For P6 ROLO and IPD mission due to reduced shards.
    Now, if my guild goes Geonosis, why bother trying to gear for P6 Rogue1, etc....

Makes as much sense as when they removed toons from Arena/TW (whichever it was?). Work up to gearing and they exclude it.
  • Options
    Individual guilds should have the right to decide umongst themselves if they want the extra burden of doing both events at the same time. We also run all 3 raids at the same time, but don't have to choose between running one or the other. Give us credit for knowing what we can handle. Terrible move on the devs part.

Not really. Any guild that doesn’t want to run 2 at the same time falls behind and so does it’s player base.

I like this game, but between raids, mod management, daily challenges, TB, GA and ships etc...

There is already enough to do. Don’t advocate making the game even more of a time sink.
  • Options
    It won't happen. A) the servers cant handle the load, and B) they dont want us double dipping in rewards.

Them saying that "we dont want to burden guilds" is just them sugar coating the fact.
  • Options
    So I would guarantee the choice will be between gear 13 pieces and Malak shards right now...we run all raids at the same time so why can we not run two tb leave it to the guild to make this decision.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    If they could make us start them ourselves it would be a total different thing
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    They are trying to prevent guilds from earning the rewards from both TBs at the same time. They aren't really concerned about the difficulty factor, that was all just a smokescreen to make it appear as though this decision was for our benefit (which it's not btw).

I know. It's like they can't control what loot will drop in the new TB, so they have to limit us in other ways...
    Costino1 wrote: »
    It won't happen. A) the servers cant handle the load, and B) they dont want us double dipping in rewards.

Them saying that "we dont want to burden guilds" is just them sugar coating the fact.

EA should hook up their systems to google cloud, or AWS, or Azure web services, or some other provider that can handle mass server loads...

Or in other words, if you guys want to complain, fine, I get it. But at least make actual good arguments for why their plans for Geo TB are bad.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    My expectation is that Leia and the Droid (coming this fall to NBC) will get put into the guild event store eventually to help folks finish them off. Or not, since both are in Bounty Events that we get once a month.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I'd watch Leia and the Droid for sure. I'm assuming it's a spinoff of my successful sitcom Nute and Dooku, Dooku and Nute.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    More insulting than the “we’re looking out for bc the burden of 2 would just be too hard for you” is the ridiculous “bc there’s no way to quit TB.” Looking at you, “Abandon” button for raids.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    More insulting than the “we’re looking out for bc the burden of 2 would just be too hard for you” is the ridiculous “bc there’s no way to quit TB.” Looking at you, “Abandon” button for raids.

Yeah, I REALLY don't get the "no way to quit" thing they threw out. Why would we need to quit? Oh yeah, because you can only do one at a time. If you could do both would it matter? Get as far as you can, see where you need to improve and move on. The real issue is not being able to do both at the same time, which they are not likely to change.
  • Options
    Playing both will give us to much rewards ?
    I proposed a solution some days ago :
    If a guild play both, rewards of Hoth is greatly reduced, so you can still play it for shards and small rewards.
    And if a guild run only Hoth, then it have the full reward for it.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I'll be pretty happy to never do hoth again, so long as the geo tb rewards are substantially better. It was becoming increasingly difficult to get people to care about doing missions and such. I'm hoping the novelty of a new TB gets people excited again, because we've lost several players over the past 3 months with no recruits in sight.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Now why can't we play both of them like in the same time as was mentioned earlyer?CG sayed that they want to make the TB's and GA's the core of the event thing in the game,so you wanna do this by cutting them off?I'm like 100% sure they don't want us to get the rewards from both because they think that in time we will get too much gear from running both, also can't diminish the rewards from the Hoth TB without an outrage,or make a rewards for geoTB just with g12.
    I think even with all that they should give to us what we ask for and not what they think we will like to play,let us play more and more content so we can start play this game more then once a day when we have to deploy troops in a Tb or do a raid.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Cool. Glad you can handle it. Don't you see how this sets up an arms race? You guys can handle it, so if they say fine and allow dual-TBs, now people are going to have to keep up with you or fall behind, meaning everyone else is going to have to handle it, too.

It's fine. Just do the new thing and then look back on the old thing as something that you can always go back to if you miss it. Don't make everyone else have to decide if they want to be hardcore or not.

The dumbest argument yet, as guilds who can do the geo tb , will be getting the better rewards anyway and moving past those not doing it. Try a better argument.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

The dumbest argument yet, as guilds who can do the geo tb , will be getting the better rewards anyway and moving past those not doing it. Try a better argument.

So better guilds should get to move ahead....more?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH