Rako Hardeen Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited June 2019
9o0qtdjy5dbt.png

Rako Hardeen
Dark Side, Support, Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel, Leader

Mortal Blow Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to attack again and an 80% chance to inflict critical chance down for 2 turns.

Smoke Explosion Special 1: Deal physical damage to all enemies and remove 10% turn meter from each of them for each debuff on Bounty Hunter allies. Then, inflict speed down and defense down for 2 turns on all enemies who are above 20% turn meter after this ability. This attack has +50% health steal and can’t be countered. (Cooldown 4)

Marksman’s Shot Special 2: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict marked for 2 turns. If the target is marked or a Jedi, dispel all buffs from them, deal 25% more damage, and grant critical hit immunity to all Bounty Hunter allies for 2 turns. (Cooldown 3)

Let’s Even the Playing Field Leader: All Bounty Hunter allies have a 50% chance to remove 20% turn meter whenever they damage an enemy, which can’t be resisted. When Rako is in the leader slot, and not the ally slot, the following Contract is active: Contract: Remove turn meter from 20 enemies. (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.) Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies remove an additional 10% turn meter for the rest of the battle, and their Payouts are activated.

Dead Shot Unique: Rako has +25% accuracy, potency and offense, doubled if his target is marked. ZETA: While another Bounty Hunter ally is active, Rako ignores taunt. Whenever Rako defeats his target, he dispels all debuffs from himself and gains 50% turn meter.

Rako’s Payout: Whenever Rako receives rewards from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.) Payout: Rako gains 25% turn meter at the start of each enemy’s turn and his cooldowns reset 1 turn faster for the rest of the battle.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Options
    @Sebek let me know what you think.
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    If you can, do Boba Fett (Young) or Gree or Wolffe

I’ll see about making one of them later this week.
  • Options
    Man this is a clever kit. I really like it. But as always I've got some feedback.
    Mortal Blow Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to attack again and inflict critical chance down for 2 turns. If the target is defeated, dispel all debuffs from Rako and gain 50% turn meter.
    Nothing wrong with the ability itself here. But the wording confuses me. Does each attack have an 80% chance to inflict Crit chance down or only the 2nd? or is it not even 80% chance, but just always on the 2nd attack? I also don't like the on kill bonus. Seeing as his cooldowns are so low (especially after his payout). Not to mention this is clearly not his deadliest ability. I'll come back to this later. Just keep it in the back of your head for now.
    Smoke Explosion Special 1: Deal physical damage to all enemies and remove 10% turn meter for each debuff on Bounty Hunter allies. In addition, inflict speed down and defense down on all debuffed enemies for 2 turns. This attack has +50% health steal and can’t be countered. (Cooldown 4)
    The turn meter removal is really clever. However. Does he remove that much turn meter from each enemy individually or is that the total of all enemies? Also, why does he only inflict Defence down and speed down on debuffed enemies? It is a pretty cool idea, don't get me wrong. Just want to know the reason.
    Overall nothing wrong with this one.
    Marksman’s Shot Special 2: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict marked for 2 turns. If the target is exposed or a Jedi, dispel all buffs from them, deal 25% more damage, and grant critical hit immunity to all Bounty Hunter allies for 1 turn. (Cooldown 3)
    I don't like the Expose here. It forces him to be in the leader position, seeing as there are no other Bounty hunters with expose in their kit. It also doesn't really fit the theme. It feels random. Instead I propose the bonusses are on Marked enemies. Once his payout activates, this ability has a 2 turn cooldown. So at that point it becomes a race for the opponent. They need to out-speed (or out-position, seeing as he is a sniper) him or he punishes his marked target. This also makes the turn meter manipulation in his kit more logical. As this also fits in with this theme. I also wonder why he has Crit down on his basic and in his zeta if he can grant his allies Crit Immunity. That is redundant. I suggest extending the duration to 2 turns (before payout this will be normal, after payout it will be powerful. As it should be. Enemies should always move to prevent the payout, and be punished if they don't). Remember this with the basic. I'll get back to it on the zeta.
    Let’s Even the Playing Field Leader: All Bounty Hunter allies have a 50% chance to remove 25% turn meter and inflict expose for 1 turn whenever they damage an enemy, which can’t be resisted. When Rako is in the leader slot, and not the ally slot, the following Contract is active: Contract: Remove turn meter from 15 enemies. (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.) Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies remove an additional 10% turn meter for the rest of the battle, and their Payouts are activated.
    25% turn meter s a lot. Especially after his payout is activated (aoe). I really like that. But thanks to that I also think the Expose is overkill. The expose also goes against the kill the target theme. As I think Marked covers that much better. After the payout the turn meter removal might be a tad much. But then again payouts are supposed to be prevented in the first place. So that is their problem. Plus after the expose is gone the lead will have little else left. So that is allowed to be a tad powerful to my opinion. Maybe lower the chance a bit or raise the amount to payout thou. As the condition might be really easily met this way.
    Dead Shot Unique: Rako has +25% accuracy, potency and offense, doubled if his target is marked. ZETA: While Rako is active, whenever an enemy is damaged by a Bounty Hunter ally, they lose 5% critical chance (stacking) for 3 turns.
    Like the ability. Fits with my earlier suggestion as well. However, I don't like the zeta. Seeing as it is just redundant with the Crit Immunity and the crit chance down. I think the on kill bonuses would actually fit much better here. As a zeta bonus. Also, marked is a debuff that is meant to target a certain enemy. So avoiding the tank is kinda a must for it to be useful. Therefore a "ignore taunt during his turn" is aso recommended here.
    Rako’s Payout: Whenever Rako receives rewards from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.) Payout: Rako gains 25% turn meter at the start of each enemy’s turn and his cooldowns reset 1 turn faster for the rest of the battle.
    The payout makes sense. The turn meter seems a lot, but seeing as he and his team are constancy removing turn meter, enemies won't actually get that many turns. So it does even out there. Maybe lower it a bit to 20% but otherwise no problems. I also really like the reduced maximum cooldowns (I think that's what you mean anyway). Really solid payout.

Really like the kit. Great idea. Looking forward to your next one.

• DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Ichiraikou I took most of your suggestions, made adjustments to some of the numbers, and clarified wording.

For the first special, I decided to change the condition for applying speed and defense down to being above 20% TM. That way enemies who resist or are immune to the TMR can still be punished.
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Really like the kit. Great idea. Looking forward to your next one.
    Thanks as always! :)
  • Options
    @Ichiraikou I took most of your suggestions, made adjustments to some of the numbers, and clarified wording.

For the first special, I decided to change the condition for applying speed and defense down to being above 20% TM. That way enemies who resist or are immune to the TMR can still be punished.
    That's actually really clever. Thou the wording leaves much to be desired. I think this would be better:
    Deal physical damage to all enemies and remove 10% turn meter from each of them for each debuff on Bounty Hunter allies. Then, inflict speed down and defense down for 2 turns on all enemies who are above 20% turn meter. This attack has +50% health steal and can’t be countered. (Cooldown 4)
    Then implicates that it happens after the initial effect. Is a better way of wording it. Great Idea.

As a side-note I noticed you increased the chance to reduce turn meter on his lead. I said the payout condition might be met too easily. So why you made it even easier is beyond me. I think 50% chance was fine. Just make it 20 enemies before the payouts are granted. Or keep it at 15 but make the Turn meter reduction chance 40% or something.

Other than these 2 I have no more points on the current kit. It is absolutely awesome.
    Thanks as always! :)
    You're welcome. Your kits are always a blast!
  • Options
    I think that was a bit of a misunderstanding on my end with what you said on making the payout too easy to reach. It’s now 20 enemies and back to 50% TMR chance.