Quality of Life Suggestion: Exclude from Events

It would be awesome if you could give each character a toggle that turns that character off from inclusion in GA or TW calculations. Example: you have a G12 17K GP Ugnaught that you never use in GA... "turn off" allows you to exclude that character and the corresponding GP from being included in your GP calculation. If you turn off a pilot you also turn off their ship, even if they are 1 of 2 pilots. That would allow us to store more mods on low GP toons and wouldn't punish players who leveled every character to 85.
Maybe implement a maximum of 50 characters that you can "turn off" this way to minimize potential abuse.
I'm probably not thinking of all the potential drawbacks, but those lean GA opponents who have far fewer 7* lvl85 characters always have a lot more power to bring to bear.

Replies

• Options
    Meanwhile I have almost every toon at 7*... CUP, Jedi Guardian, Bohdi... I feel at a disadvantage now for farming characters I don't need anyway.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Meanwhile I have almost every toon at 7*... CUP, Jedi Guardian, Bohdi... I feel at a disadvantage now for farming characters I don't need anyway.

Then... you shouldn’t have...
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Unless you wanted to help your guild when TB launched.

@OP - with a handful of exceptions, it is always best to farm all toons to 7*. Sooner or later there’ll be a reason you need them.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Unless you wanted to help your guild when TB launched.

@OP - with a handful of exceptions, it is always best to farm all toons to 7*. Sooner or later there’ll be a reason you need them.

GA was designed poorly. I don’t know why anyone would be concerned about it.

Then... you should’ve...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We all make choices as we develop, why shouldnt we have to deal with the bad to get the good?
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Options
    I for one have heard enough about the discussion around GP and GA. Especially from people saying not to inflate your GP, or that it is your fault for doing so.

TB came first. For TB the greater your GP the more you helped your guild. So of course many of us brought unused toons to level 50, gear 4 and put five dot mods in.

Enough of us did it, so I fail to see who is really disadvantaged. With GA in effect, yes we are all more cautious of our development.

On the other hand, I am equally annoyed with people using inflated GP as the reason they lose. Get good.

To the OP's suggestion, I disagree. I would rather the devs putting time into other improvements.

Geo TB will soon be upon us, get your GP up to invrease your rewards!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Considering the developers specifically told everyone when TB was released to "build your GP/rosters", it's kind of a slap in the face to then release a game mode that fundamentally punishes those who did just that and carried their weaker or smaller guilds through their first months/years of TBs.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    July 2017:
    "Battle with the full force of your entire collection: Bring the strength of everything you’ve collected into the fight for Hoth! Now, every character and ship you collect - and every upgrade - matters."

August 2017:
    "Territory Battles is the first feature where every unit collected and every upgrade provides value, including units seldom used in combat."
  • Tetra
    3 posts Member
    Options
    For QOL update would be nice to remove the 600 tickets and make it a flat 30k ticket max
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Considering the developers specifically told everyone when TB was released to "build your GP/rosters", it's kind of a slap in the face to then release a game mode that fundamentally punishes those who did just that and carried their weaker or smaller guilds through their first months/years of TBs.

They told you that every upgrade would provide value in that game mode, and it did. There is nothing wrong with releasing different game modes that reward different types of players.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    @Liath approximately equal game modes maybe. But they're touting GA/GAC as the "new Squad Arena" essentially.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Liath approximately equal game modes maybe. But they're touting GA/GAC as the "new Squad Arena" essentially.
    GAC isn't even out yet, its rewards aren't published, and we don't know what's in the store. How is that the new squad arena?

And no. Do not say CG is framing it as such. That is not what they said, nor any version of it. They have a stated intention of shifting priority away from arena and toward various other modes, which they've already done in a huge way, but many folks are just too blind to notice how much smaller arena winnings have become proportionate to all the other vectors for gaining resources.
    Still not a he.