events to offset the exhibition GAC period

leef
13458 posts Member
"Because we have big plans for the future of this game mode, we’re planning to run an “exhibition” program first, to make sure that the player experience, technical smoothness, and competitive integrity of the experience is as good as it can be before we ramp up rewards, competition, and really make it count."
Good plan given the trackrecord of not being able get any major update right the first time.
However, apparantly it's less rewarding and there are evaluation periods in which we don't get rewards at all.
"All players who participate in the exhibition period will receive an exclusive Title that will only be granted this one time."
1 x 1 title = title > 2 x 0 double drops = 0

Thoughts?
Save water, drink champagne!

Replies

• Options
    Depends on the title. I’d love the title Knower of Nothing.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    The math looks sound. I think the biggest reward we will all receive is the satisfaction of being part of something bigger than ourselves (the first ever GAC bruh?)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    The math looks sound. I think the biggest reward we will all receive is the satisfaction of being part of something bigger than ourselves (the first ever GAC bruh?)

Mr. jhbuchholz, you’ve become part of a bigger universe.

Wrong franchise? Dang it, I did it again! Gosh, I’m so uncivilized...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is the "open beta" players ask for every other time a release goes the way it goes....

So, isnt this a good thing they are doing that way?

Isnt it rewarding to have them listen to us and maybe not focus on the rewards from the event and maybe recognize that we are going to be rewarded with a better experience when this rolls out in all its "glory"....
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is the "open beta" players ask for every other time a release goes the way it goes....

Isnt it rewarding to have them listen to us and maybe not focus on the rewards from the event and maybe recognize that we are going to be rewarded with a better experience when this rolls out in all its "glory"....

I am totally down to beta test. I have beta tested almost every WoW expack and both Starcraft games. This is nice because it’s open to everyone rather than just on an isolated server.

I just want Jon Snow’s title for doing it.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

It's never good enough. We need the open beta AND massive rewards. Also if there are any issues expect everyone to complain that they launched it to early and should have had a beta period (yes, the circular logic hurts my head too).

But seriously, I think this is a great move and will reserve actual judgement until they launch it.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

But seriously, I think this is a great move and will reserve actual judgement until they launch it.
    Agreed, but also this:
    AND
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options

Hey, you deviated from the standard "sense of pride and accomplishment" EA phrase. I guess there will be no paycheck today.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno is an unpaid volunteer.

However, he's still late on getting my paycheck delivered.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah, I know. A very enthusiastic one.

Perhaps if you write "sense of pride and accomplishment" in any random discussion, that will help.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Spang wrote: »

Yeah, I know. A very enthusiastic one.

Perhaps if you write "sense of pride and accomplishment" in any random discussion, that will help.

I think we found our title for GA!

Alternatively, I vote for "Tip of the Spear".
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

I think we found our title for GA!

Alternatively, I vote for "Tip of the Spear".

What if we ask for TWO titles? Would it be too much?
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    And u can use those titles concurrently (but have to choose one!)
  • Options

I am behind you in this one. Fully participating in the exhibition match will allow the devs to get a pile of data to determine how things would shake out, without penalizing players should they decide to make major changes for the 2nd and 3rd iterations.

They probably will and should have some token prize of gear or currency regardless but this is actually a reasonable move from CG.

Imagine just launching, untested, having a major bug halfway thru and having to cancel, and something major like a stun gun or finisher piece was on the line. You would all lose your minds. This way, it will work as intended and uninterrupted while giving us all time to farm and prepare.

• Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Phern wrote: »

Is the glass concurrently half full or half empty?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Stokat wrote: »

Both! And neither.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »

Both! And neither.

I find the liquid helps offset the emptiness...