Completely forgot Revan needed new gear....

Prev1
EricsonX
703 posts Member
So I'm gonna be on G8 for a couple weeks probably, maybe a bit less. Ouch. Maybe I won't be getting Malak second time around.

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I had forgotten about it too honestly, but then all of the people (not you) whineposting about the gear on Shaak Ti made me remember it.

So, thanks to the serial complainers, I guess.
  • NDSnyder
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Was nearly giving Padme a piece when I realized Revan needs it too. Then I looked, and saw he needs two of them actually. So used double drops to farm a second one...
  • Options
    The new gear is easy to obtain. It’s no different than using crystals to get a full carbanti or Mk V stun gun. Getting top 1-10 in Fleet every day helps tremendously. It’s not as difficult to get the new gear as some are portraying.
  • Options
    The new gear is easy to obtain. It’s no different than using crystals to get a full carbanti or Mk V stun gun. Getting top 1-10 in Fleet every day helps tremendously. It’s not as difficult to get the new gear as some are portraying.

It is the most difficult under-tiered gear in the game. What are you talking about? The gear doesn't appear in any shop (outside of crystal shipments), it doesn't appear as a reward for any event (guild or special), and it's not available to be farmed from daily challenges (like carbantis).

Having extra crystals always makes getting things easier. But that doesn't change the fact that this gear forces you to pay heavy with crystals in the shop, use extra crystals for refreshes, or take away time from farming characters for it.

However.... I am strongly expecting these pieces to be available to buy salvage of in the upcoming new Territory Battle Geonosis store/whatever store the new currency will be good in.
  • Options

It is the most difficult under-tiered gear in the game. What are you talking about? The gear doesn't appear in any shop (outside of crystal shipments), it doesn't appear as a reward for any event (guild or special), and it's not available to be farmed from daily challenges (like carbantis).

Having extra crystals always makes getting things easier. But that doesn't change the fact that this gear forces you to pay heavy with crystals in the shop, use extra crystals for refreshes, or take away time from farming characters for it.

However.... I am strongly expecting these pieces to be available to buy salvage of in the upcoming new Territory Battle Geonosis store/whatever store the new currency will be good in.

Like everything else in this game, make a choice with your resources, correct? Either use your crystals to gear new characters that need the new gear or don’t. 700 crystals gets you 25 of either type or 1400 gets you a full 50 of either type. It’s just as ridiculous as a Mk V Stun gun as far as cost. So either I buy a zeta, a stun gun, a gold eyeball, or new gear and meter my refreshes or blow it all on refresh and forgo gear. The gear is in the store every refresh, not hidden behind a rotating litany of 7 other items on a shared space and it is on an energy node.

Later game modes will make it more readily available though I can’t imagine new GET2 currency going to buy it without considering what else that store may hold first.

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Same here :grimace:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    So I'm gonna be on G8 for a couple weeks probably, maybe a bit less. Ouch. Maybe I won't be getting Malak second time around.
    I heard someone said that you can reach 17.5k power with Darth Revan if you triple zeta him at g8

Not sure if its authentic
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I heard someone said that you can reach 17.5k power with Darth Revan if you triple zeta him at g8

Oh thank God. :smiley: 🙏🏻 I was kinda nervous about that tbh. 😅

Edit: Can someone confirm this please? That’d be great. Thanks.
  • Options

Obviously, everyone can’t come in 1-10 in arena so it is an issue to gear up those characters. I have chosen not to purchase those materials in store and farmed them which has taken weeks to complete the 3 needed for Padmé. Hopefully, they will have them in the new TB as an award or purchase with new currency.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

I don't exactly remember whether my DR was G8 or G9 by the time of Malak event (I tend to G8, but I don't want to mislead you), but I think you will be at least close enough to 17.5k GP with 3 zetas, and other G8 gear pieces, and 5 dot lvl15 mods will also help.

Edit: What is his current GP? Each zetas give about 2k power.
  • Options
    rn2oxi7ngvwn.png
    Mine is at g9 with 3 zetas. Well over the 17,500 power needed. I only put one of the new gear pieces on to get him to gear 9.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Spang wrote: »

I don't exactly remember whether my DR was G8 or G9 by the time of Malak event (I tend to G8, but I don't want to mislead you), but I think you will be at least close enough to 17.5k GP with 3 zetas, and other G8 gear pieces, and 5 dot lvl15 mods will also help.

Edit: What is his current GP? Each zetas give about 2k power.

Okay thanks. I don’t have Darth Revan yet but I will this go round. Waiting on shards for Carth atm. Was just curious.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    rn2oxi7ngvwn.png
    Mine is at g9 with 3 zetas. Well over the 17,500 power needed. I only put one of the new gear pieces on to get him to gear 9.

Awesome. :)
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many crystals worth of new gear is needed to get him up to g12?
  • AN_NUR__tm
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

My DR is G8 without that infamous piece of new gear. I have just unlocked him. You can see with mediocre mods and all abilities maxed DR's GP is way higher than 17.5K. dydbtoa5kwdu.png
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Laz wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many crystals worth of new gear is needed to get him up to g12?

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    AN_NUR__tm wrote: »

My DR is G8 without that infamous piece of new gear. I have just unlocked him. You can see with mediocre mods and all abilities maxed DR's GP is way higher than 17.5K. dydbtoa5kwdu.png

Great news! Thanks so much for the info.

• Options

You do realize that it is impossible for the vast majority of people to finish in the to 1-10 right?
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

You do realize that it is impossible for the vast majority of people to finish in the to 1-10 right?

I'd buy this for squad. Fleet is much easier for most (emphasis on most) people because it's much less active.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

How doable is the event though with a g8 revan? Can I do it with a g8 revan and everyone else at G11?
  • Options

How doable is the event though with a g8 revan? Can I do it with a g8 revan and everyone else at G11?

^ Valid question.
  • Options

I remembered the new gear...and overlooked the blue mk3 detonator salvage...
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Laz wrote: »

Only the new gear - you need 100 of each. 1400 for 50, so 1400 x 4 = 5600.
  • Options
    I forgot that I needed to level him... I need a credit heist like whoa...
  • Options

^ Valid question.

If everyone else is g11, then they all have zetas...
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

^ Valid question.

Except hk47 and BSF...
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Mine is 18.5k pwr at g8 with only two zetas and no mods.

I remembered the new gear...and overlooked the blue mk3 detonator salvage...

Same I had to spend like 200 crystals on energy for blue and green gear.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    G8 with all slots filled but the new gear, all 5* gold mods, 1 zeta, 3 omegas, and the other 2 zeta abilites at lvl 7 gets Darth Revan a touch above 17.5k.
    With the tiny amount of protection he has at g8, it'd be tough (or very RNGy).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options

^ Valid question.

Yes.
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

^ Valid question.

I am not sure I get your point?