So ALL devices running Android 6.0 or lower wont be able to update, or?

Prev1
is it just the ones on that list? @CG_SBCrumb

i have an older device not on the list, but running andoid 4.4, will it work? If not, if I am able to update to Android 7.0 will it work then?

Replies

• TheEvo
    13 posts Member
    Options
    The list of unsupported devices can be found below and is comprised of older x86 tablets and a handful of older x86 phones, running Android 6.0 or lower.
    Is your phone on the list?
    • Yes - it will not work.
    • No - it should still work.
  • Options
    TheEvo wrote: »
    The list of unsupported devices can be found below and is comprised of older x86 tablets and a handful of older x86 phones, running Android 6.0 or lower.

The list isn't comprehensive, lots of devices not listed will not work. basically any pc or Android running less than 6.0 will be incompatible on 6/18
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

The list isn't comprehensive, lots of devices not listed will not work. basically any pc or Android running less than 6.0 will be incompatible on 6/18

Did you just make that up or do you actually have a source? Because the post specified that it was only devices with x86 and Android 6.0 and below. So anything using ARM should still be good even if it is Android 6.0 or below.

I mean you really think they would make a list of incompatible devices and somehow forget to include the really popular ones like the Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5?
  • Banmeong
    129 posts Member
    Options
    My phone is 6.0.1 so.... :(
  • Options
    Ya I would think arm devices would be okay but maybe not. is Android 6 or above a requirement ? Don't wanna buy a new.phone this week if I don't have too
    I think my Alcatel one touch is Android 5.12 or something like that

• Options

Did you just make that up or do you actually have a source? Because the post specified that it was only devices with x86 and Android 6.0 and below. So anything using ARM should still be good even if it is Android 6.0 or below.

I mean you really think they would make a list of incompatible devices and somehow forget to include the really popular ones like the Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5?

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. I specifically asked crumb for more info on this and he didn't respond but he did comment on that thread later in the day so don't get your hopes up.

Given their testing in the past I can totally see them leaving popular phones off that list. These phones are ones that can have beyond 6.0 but are running on less 5hwn 6 0.

Galaxy S4 runs on 4 or 5 or 8 OS.

I was asking because they said this effects a very small # of people but I imagine the # of people running 6.0 or less isn't that small.

I tagged crumb asking for more info on this because my device isn't on the list and I'm running less than 6.0.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. I specifically asked crumb for more info on this and he didn't respond but he did comment on that thread later in the day so don't get your hopes up.

Given their testing in the past I can totally see them leaving popular phones off that list. These phones are ones that can have beyond 6.0 but are running on less 5hwn 6 0.

Galaxy S4 runs on 4 or 5 or 8 OS.

I was asking because they said this effects a very small # of people but I imagine the # of people running 6.0 or less isn't that small.

I tagged crumb asking for more info on this because my device isn't on the list and I'm running less than 6.0.

Can you run a higher OS? Can you DL the .apk from a 3rd party to get further updates?
  • TheEvo
    13 posts Member
    Options

You are making stuff up. Where is your source?

• andreacesa00
    260 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Lot of people has 6.0 or lower. My phone is 7.0 and I bought it 2 years ago. My tablet, where I have my guest account, isn't in the list, but it has 5.2. So it is necessary to give us more details about this restrictive update...
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Options
    I can't due To the underaged issue. But I am ready to move it using ea support
  • Options
    My phone is running android 6.0.... And is not on the unsupported list. I did a Google search and apparently my phone model has two variants.. Mine when is not updated past 6.0 and a second which has been automatically updated, they both have the same model number. My phones cpu is a "deca core max" I have no crumming clue if that's x86...

This Friday notice sucks, especially with the lack of communication on the day it was posted. And now nothing over the weekend.... It would be foolish to think that if your phone is not on the list your safe. Some way to check your phone's compatability would have been all that would have been needed.

The game is currently stable on my device, only issues I have is some hanging during raids at the end of phases for 15-30 seconds. But I experienced issues before on an iso device, after each upgrade to ships my device got more and more unstable, it was the addition of animated pilots that was the final nail.... I expect even if I can get the update, my device will be more and more unstable.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Lot of people has 6.0 or lower. My phone is 7.0 and I bought it 2 years ago. My tablet, where I have my guest account, isn't in the list, but it has 5.2. So it is necessary to give us more details about this restrictive update...

You have all info you need.
    Look at the list, if your phone/tablet isn't on there it will still work.
    More important is creating an account, if you don't wanna lose your progress at some point.

If you have a "common" model I think you can feel safe if your not on the list. But I would be surprised if that is a complete list of all unsupported phones.... So if you have an older phone/tablet not on the list, I would not feel safe. I do wonder what will happen if you can't update your device and you have not recorded you player id(or wrote down a 1 instead of a lowercase "L") or have not linked your account to Google. That will Likly happen a number of players, good luck with, EA/CG support if that happens to you
  • Options
    The problem should be the hardware, which is influenced by the model; not the android version. A lot of apps are supported by 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0
  • Options
    Also 6.0.1 was released at the end of 2017, not a long time
  • Options
    My 10 inch Lenovo yoga tablet is running 6.0.1 so technically higher than 6.0
    Will I be ok ??
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb could you give us an explanation?
  • Presaria
    199 posts Member
    Options
    CG is back to being especially poor communicators. This has the potential to be a big concern
  • andreacesa00
    260 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Guys from some researches, 25-30% of devices run android 6.0 and 5.0, this isn't "a small amount of players" like Crumb said. I am never against cg news and updates, but this thing isn't clear at all
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Guys from some research, 25-30% of devices runs android 6.0 and 5.0, this isn't "a small amount of players" like Crumb said. I am never against cg news and updates, but this thing isn't clear at all

The message does not say only 6.0.

They are stating the devices with the x86 processor that are running 6.0.

They have also provided a list of devices, I think we are extrapolating confusion here.
  • Options
    Yeah @Kyno that's the big point. My device processor is ARM, but system 5.x . If you say that only devices with that combination will be afflicted, few people will experience issues
  • Options
    AndyG_Doh wrote: »
    Will I be ok ??

Check the processor on your device. If it isn't x86 then you are fine. If it is x86 they it would be fair to worry that they just missed your device for the list.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah Kyno that's the big point. My device processor is ARM, but system 5.x . If you say that only devices with that combination will be afflicted, few people will experience issues

They provided the list of devices, is your device on the list?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AndyG_Doh wrote: »
    Will I be ok ??

Check the processor on your device. If it isn't x86 then you are fine. If it is x86 they it would be fair to worry that they just missed your device for the list.

That is not necessarily true. The made this pretty specific, and if it is above 6.0 and not on the list, it is likely that that device is fine.