A bit of help. No trolling - promise!

human3218645011
posts Member
edited June 2019
Hi,
I am a vet player, no matter what GP, lvl of arena etc I have. Generally, I am a programmer since 1986, played several games, watched and participated to the IT/internet/VR/AI evolution.

I would like to make a point here, I sense a lot o heat. Of course, most of them are baby criers but some have a point. I guess is hard to discerne from the two of them.

But here's what I have to say after 3yrs of play:

1. Raids: the fact that you always nerf chars after some of the players discover a loop at the last raid puts you in a bad light as professional devs. You should know FIRST what it is in your garden and what you sell. The nerfing is always increasing the tension. And you know why: all peps on planet aim for optimization use of their time. They invest time in this game with the same mindset as we do in their daily life. I myself. And after we see a great opportunity to increase revenue (shards, zetas, gear, cool team) and we invest time there (and some, money as well), you just take that from us. Not good. It is your lack of observation, not our keen eye, to blame. You loose potential players/revenue with this, not fun for us=not good for business to you. And another great game dies bcause u don't know how to market your product.

Think: you will always bring better chars in the game. Are you really sure they will not create eventually a loop, as they do in previously raids? or you will nerf them all after you convinced us they are super cool? Solution: Make another raid. It is easy to program, let the dudes eat up the sith in a click and enjoy the victory of devouring them after so many months of struggle! It is a great sense of victory/joy. And bring a super raid, for the creme a la creme players! And watch your mechanics!

2. Arena: In arena you have no diversity, the top players have top chars, they are top spenders. They pay, they play - you might say - and eventually we will all get them in the 3rd or 4th wave with zero cash. But the issue is in between the top players. great monotony there, huge repetitive action, imense routine! NOT FUN TO BE A TOP PLAYER!

Solutions to make diversification, to applause those who are smart, not just fortunate to have that cash:

Solution a) use well the mods! This is something which other games don't have. Allow speed teams, crit teams, tank teams! Yes, you have players with those stats. But use the mods in order to equal the win chances between a crit team and a speed team and a tank team which they just wait wait and when they kick.. the speeder are stunned and.. bye bye! Can you imagine the fun there? I hope you have the vision. Else this game will have the biggest flaw unsolved: swgoh = "speed is god".

Solution 2: make skins to chars. And I much hope you know what I am talking about. Give options to players to put different skins on chars (or clothes) and by this you modify their stats. And like that you will have a DR who will fight a different DR. It is a itsy-bitsy investment in programming - more into planing and testing mechanics. And you will hear super hooray.

3. the fleet battles - make them till 9 rank and also use the ally ship as you do on LS/DS battles. More content=more fun - pve is the place for farming for shards and gear - increase that, in your advantage. Like this it looks like an unfinished project. you invest a lot in pvp - okay. but the pve is the root for pvp in all games which have pve/pvp style to play.

4. I have between 3k & 20k mk1 & mk2 gear. What should I do with it? No way I will ever use it. Maybe you think to a conversion something? of course, with proper rate, you figure it out. But we could use it somehow than to storage it there 4ever.

5. make the CHALLENGES better. even BEST! Increase the Tier there as well, put some useful gear and make it a true challenge. After you hit 85 this is just no challenge at all. Only those with super teams can beat the ultimate challenge and get the super loot! As it is now.. it is almost useless (I mean the AGI, TAC, STR). We need the mk6syringe and (desperately) the mk3 Carbanti (now for more than 20 chars!!!). At least at greater tier increase the numbers. Makes us happy, avoid gear bottlenecks! You know what I mean.

Not to make this any longer, the principle: as you evolve, as a game, you have to focus on 2 things: the direction (new stuff for end player) & the expansion (improving what you already have). You do this unbalanced. And the expansion, when it happens, is focused mainly at the level of chars and from time to time you bring other new stuff (like mods 2.0) at the game-base level. Don't let holes in your holistic expansion. It looks unprofessional and just business oriented. We are all spenders. Everyone. Makes us happy and you will have our real hard-worked money from the daily life.

Why I do this?

I have friends whom I meet in guilds on other games which have same mechanics (yes, there are players who like this kind of game - not necessarily starwars fans) and they like it better since they are familiar with this type of mechanics, shards, gearing, arena, etc and they super apreciate the new vs the "old". So please be like pizza-hut - always at the top - and don't let a pizza-smart to smoke you.

I am super fan of star wars so I would super love to see this game at its best.

Good luck!

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    GP and arena level do actually matter, because your experience matters.

I didn't get past that first paragraph.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    What's the difference between you and a "baby crier" though?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    A QA engineer walks into a bar.

She orders a beer. She orders zero beers. She orders 99999 beers. She orders -1 beers. She orders a lizard. She orders najlkgfhnalkjgh.

Later that day, the first real customer walks in, asks where the bathroom is, then the bar bursts into flames and everyone inside dies.

I have known many a programmer in my day. I cannot believe you are one, OP. You are too ignorant of too many basics of programming.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    That analogy went woosh to me, maybe because I'm not a programmer, just like OP.

With that said I'm also a programmer since 1986. I made some Lode Runner levels back in the day. Also some Racing Destruction Set tracks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    OP lost me at:
    Solution: Make another raid. It is easy to program