Feedback on Kit Reveal Posts

Strubz
429 posts Member
Minor suggestion that could potentially help alleviate folks with a gaming/gambling/micro transaction addiction or lack of impulse control:

When applicable, the release cadence projected range should accompany or be included in the kit reveal post.

For example, Marquee toons should be have a line in their kit reveal that states "Per our cadence release guidelines this Marquee toon will be released as follows:
6 to 8 weeks from initial event end date until release to chromium pack/shipments

12 to 16 weeks from initial event end date until release to farmable node. This is a projection only and not guaranteed.

All release dates are subject to change. Insert other legal jargon here. If you or a loved one are struggling with a SWGOH addiction, we can ban you."

Actual date ranges would be awesome. I'm sure it could be worded better and may not apply to every kit reveal as not all toons adhere to the same cadence and I'm sure you like to keep some surprises.

However, this small detail in the kit reveal post and subsequent update notes/details for a new toon has the potential to help someone by reminding them the character will eventually be farmable and give them an actual date range according to your official release cadence. If it helps even one person who cannot afford to buy a character to hesitate spending money they don't have, it would be worth it.

I understand this information is already available elsewhere on the forums but again, including it when applicable for a kit reveal could potentially stop someone who is already struggling with a problem.

I also realize it could have the opposite effect for those who lack self control to wait BUT you can't help everyone and again, this is just reminding people of information already technically available but just in an easier to access location.

At the very least, absolute minimal effort, sticky a release cadence thread in the arena and character strategy sub forum.