Are we ever going to get logs of battles?

If you could see what your opponent used to beat your defence then, I think, this would solve a lot of issues with GA and TW. It would give you a chance to appreciate superior strategic play as opposed to leaving you with that niggling feeling that somebody was cheating. This wouldn't need to be a full replay of battles; which would be absolutely amazing and lend a new level of sophistication to defensive team building and modding, but even a report - this person used this team to beat this team, would be great.

Replies

• Options
    I am pretty sure this has been asked for multiple times and the devs just don't like it. I don't like it either!
    Quote aside, what you are asking for would be like a cheat code.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Quote aside, what you are asking for would be like a cheat code.

I'm not really sure what this quote means but this feature is something CG wants to add. I don't know if they still intend to and if so why it's taking so long.

ypk15epyat43.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I dont recall them saying no, but there is a sentiment that a winning strategy shouldnt really be shared at all corners.

If you suspect cheating, report it. It's not our job to prove it, they have the tools for that.
  • Options
    I could have been clearer, yes, but to show a battle replay would be very informative, and some folks are more strategic than others. Let's allow those that can beat a squad with a squad that isn't perhaps the best counter to it keep their secrets.
  • Options
    The quote I referred to:
    https://imgflip.com/i/14w6w4
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I dont recall them saying no, but there is a sentiment that a winning strategy shouldnt really be shared at all corners.

If you suspect cheating, report it. It's not our job to prove it, they have the tools for that.

This goes both ways. So far our best bet when we have questions has been to report our opponent as a possible cheater. We have no means to differentiate between a novel strategy and a cheater. Giving even a simple battle log empowers the players to more accurately identify cheaters. And with rewards becoming more meaningful you can bet there will be an increase in these reports.

I hope the tools Leviathan and Lucifer's Daddy are rolling out make difference but I suspect we'll never know.

Plus, how many strategies are really "secret" anyway? With all the sources of information out there these "secret" strategies don't stay that way long.
  • Options
    It would be nice. Sometimes my opponent completely destroys my defense with their dregs and I am left scratching my head wondering if they cheated or I missed something.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    The quote I referred to:
    https://imgflip.com/i/14w6w4

:D

That quote I understood (and appreciated). The cheat code comment was what I didn't get at first.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

This goes both ways. So far our best bet when we have questions has been to report our opponent as a possible cheater. We have no means to differentiate between a novel strategy and a cheater. Giving even a simple battle log empowers the players to more accurately identify cheaters. And with rewards becoming more meaningful you can bet there will be an increase in these reports.

I hope the tools Leviathan and Lucifer's Daddy are rolling out make difference but I suspect we'll never know.

Plus, how many strategies are really "secret" anyway? With all the sources of information out there these "secret" strategies don't stay that way long.

That doesnt really mean it goes both ways. There are some logical ways to make an educated guess and there players who are sore about losing.

If it's a secret more than once it's a win. This change would make sure that's not the case.

Just my opinion.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

That doesnt really mean it goes both ways. There are some logical ways to make an educated guess and there players who are sore about losing.

If it's a secret more than once it's a win. This change would make sure that's not the case.

Just my opinion.

It goes both ways: it keeps your "secret" strategy secret and it keeps cheaters secret. Not sure how much more "both ways" it could be.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

I mean, what would you report, though? "I think maybe this person cheated?" Usually I feel like reporting something like that requires evidence, and the whole point is that we don't know what they actually did due to the lack of replays or at least a record of what teams were used.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

I mean, what would you report, though? "I think maybe this person cheated?" Usually I feel like reporting something like that requires evidence, and the whole point is that we don't know what they actually did due to the lack of replays or at least a record of what teams were used.

If you feel they are cheating report it, if not then dont, but being able to look at someone's strategy on how they beat you would go way further to help players who may not be as good a strategist more than it will prove anything.

I think people believe cheating is more prevalent than it actually is.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

If you feel they are cheating report it, if not then dont, but being able to look at someone's strategy on how they beat you would go way further to help players who may not be as good a strategist more than it will prove anything.

How prevalent is it?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Just my opinion.

It goes both ways: it keeps your "secret" strategy secret and it keeps cheaters secret. Not sure how much more "both ways" it could be.

That's the thing, it doesnt keep cheaters secret. It could potentially clue someone in that their opponent may have been cheating.

It's much simpler to just report what you think it you think it, and leave game play out of it. IMO.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    They actually said no in the latest Q&A (the quote by jhb is from last year) and the reason they gave was that they didn’t want players to lose their secret attack strategies

I think it’s fine to show teams used during review phase and it’s not like we’ll be facing the same opponent multiple times over
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the "other game" shows what teams battled you in their Alliance Wars. You can look at the history of the room and see the battle history, what teams beat you, and what teams you took out. I wouldn't think that they have better technology, being a clone and all.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

Just my opinion.

That's the thing, it doesnt keep cheaters secret. It could potentially clue someone in that their opponent may have been cheating.

It's much simpler to just report what you think it you think it, and leave game play out of it. IMO.

It doesn't? I do pretty well in all my GA matchups and regularly get 56 or more banners. When I lose it's by a handful of banners. I'm also regularly only a handful of banners away from a "perfect" clear. With such a slim margin there is really no way to identify a cheater. One or two, half, or all of my losses could have been to cheaters but I may never suspect a thing because I wasn't blown out.

On the other hand you've preserved a "secret" (that is probably not as big of a secret as you think) for an extra round or two.

Faith in the system vs. the "belief" that you have a clever team. I'll take faith in the system.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    They actually said no in the latest Q&A (the quote by jhb is from last year) and the reason they gave was that they didn’t want players to lose their secret attack strategies

I think it’s fine to show teams used during review phase and it’s not like we’ll be facing the same opponent multiple times over

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't remember that quote and will have to go find it.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I give up. I read the entire last Q&A here and could not find where they said that. Can you point me in the right direction?

Edit: URL (because the link above isn't obvious from a computer): https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205068/developer-q-a-may-29th/p1
  • Options
    I’d like it to see which of my defense holds well and try variations. My favorite part of tw and ga is to see those defense numbers.
  • Options

When someone who only has G10 dudes left beats my G12 JKR team in 1 battle do I report them for cheating? I mean they might just have had a really good strategy but it is unlikely.