Help us stop players from Pre-loading in TW!!!!

TK421OKC_SITH
225 posts Member
edited May 2023
Dear CG,

Can you (pretty please with sugar on top) figure out an in game way to determine who has fought against a specific opponents squad in TW? Somehow make it possible for guild leadership to put a stop to their players who won’t stop preloading enemy teams? This has to be the most frustrating part of territory wars, and as of now there is no way to monitor and address it. We can check tickets and participation in any event, but we cannot tell who is breaking this simple rule that I’m sure all guilds have. Thanks in advance 🤘
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Other than 24h monitoring by officers and leaders, honor system is all we are going to get. Some narrow this down by blocking each territory so every attack registers as a Rogue action and then the number of rogue actions can be measured against offensive banners.

For example 11 rogue actions registered and 180 banners with 18 banners per attack means one failure. However this doesn't automatically mean TM loading as engaging but force closing creates one rogue action without any banners or TM loading.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    It would be great if CG could add a tracker list to each team in TW, so if you go in and tap on the opponent that you want to attack you could see a scroll down list of players who've previously attacked that opponent, with a time stamp and a "W" for win and an "L" for a lose. This would make TW track 1000% easier and make each player think twice before entering a battle that they are ot 100% sure if they can beat or not.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I admit it's frustrating, but at the same time I know my guild often benefits from the opponents mistakes of loading TM also. If it were stopped altogether, are you sure you'd be better off?
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    You will get this with combat logs. They won't integrate this without it, because it's just overhead.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I love preloaded TM....dont stop it because I love seeing 20 attacks against my DR team
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Must be an "Elite" Guild problem.

What you have them airplane and close the game if they are losing? If so, thats complete cheese anyway and should be fixed. If the battle is ended without a V or L for whatever reason opposing team should get 50% TM.

IMHO.
  • Options
    No it's simple, if u r gonna lose u just forfeit it's nothing crazy. The team u use is no longer available and the defending team gets the win. What's wrong with that?
  • DarthAndy
    105 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Agreed, pretty sure it's an everyone problem, not just elite. Mopping up tm loaded Revan teams is a pain in the behind, but as was said above, we benefit from it too.

Knowing who did it, so we can coach / ridicule / mock / boot them would be useful though :wink:

Edit: Joking about the boot. We don't boot people for trying, it's those that don't try that we have a problem with.

While I wish I could stop it, sometimes we really, really benefit from it - when one zone needs to hold for victory and you get this you can't help but smile

xvqlp7e79avl.jpg
    Post edited by DarthAndy on
  • Options
    It would just be nice to help people understand how to prevent it. It is not always about kicking people, but helping people understand where they go wrong. We like playing with these people and are not looking for people to get rid of, just to coach and helping them understand how to work together better.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    It would just be nice to help people understand how to prevent it. It is not always about kicking people, but helping people understand where they go wrong. We like playing with these people and are not looking for people to get rid of, just to coach and helping them understand how to work together better.

This is a very fair argument, and I would not be upset at all if they implemented a tool for this purpose. That being said, as it stands, this is a guild event and it's up to the guild to solve their own problems. We all have the same set of rules and therefore cannot say it's unfair. Some guilds my have figured out ways to deal with this problem better than others, and good for them. They should benefit from that. Those who can't deal may fail, and that's completely fair also.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    No it's simple, if u r gonna lose u just forfeit it's nothing crazy. The team u use is no longer available and the defending team gets the win. What's wrong with that?

No thats fair. Sorry I came across a bit too direct. Ive seen a video or two recently where people were using airplane mode in TW/GA. I jumped to an assumption.

Regardless, I personally wish they would do away with the feature. The defending teams are at a disadvantage anyway. The player who makes a team that can hold off multiole others should get some benefit for winning (like TM). IMHO.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    There are multiple ways to avoid it. I prefer it as it is. Big thing in TW in the highest tiers. Simply don't fail, it's not that hard.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    It would be more easily to stop those tm preloading and set every battle as a new one instead
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Options
    2 words:COMBAT LOG
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Other than 24h monitoring by officers and leaders, honor system is all we are going to get. Some narrow this down by blocking each territory so every attack registers as a Rogue action and then the number of rogue actions can be measured against offensive banners.

For example 11 rogue actions registered and 180 banners with 18 banners per attack means one failure. However this doesn't automatically mean TM loading as engaging but force closing creates one rogue action without any banners or TM loading.

Rogue Actions don't work because it adds one even if press attack but the enemy is already engaged. It means you will get 1 rogue action and 0 banners.
  • Options
    Preloaded TM can work in your advantage of you know what you're doing. For example if you burn Revan's mark on a burner character it's probably easier to beat him.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

No thats fair. Sorry I came across a bit too direct. Ive seen a video or two recently where people were using airplane mode in TW/GA. I jumped to an assumption.

Regardless, I personally wish they would do away with the feature. The defending teams are at a disadvantage anyway. The player who makes a team that can hold off multiole others should get some benefit for winning (like TM). IMHO.

They get the benefit of the opposing team receiving fewer banners when they ultimately beat the team.
This discussion has been closed.