Ship stats and gear

Xhedao
209 posts Member
edited June 2019
Hi there!

Searched in the forum, but I was not finding what I was searching for.

Main question: How will the new gear 12.6 influence the ship stats?

What I do not know is: Is the ship speed depending on the number of equipped gear parts or is it depending on the values of the three "attributes" (strength, tactic, and the translation I do not know ^^)?

I doubt that the second case is valid and have somehow in mind that the speed is just depending on the number of fully crafted equipped gear pieces. But I do not find the source for that.

Does anyone have the truth for me? ;)

Thanks

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of people will have "truth" for you but what you really want is facts.

Crouching Rancor ship calculator -> http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/Shipspeed

'Imperial Fleet' Discord server invite -> https://discord.gg/XPAest
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    As there is no calculation for the other stats, I assume it is also just depending on the total number of equipped gear.
  • Options
    Xhedao wrote: »
    Thanks.
    As there is no calculation for the other stats, I assume it is also just depending on the total number of equipped gear.

This is correct. Ship stats are solely based on things like number of gear pieces equipped, ability levels, and mod level/stars. Actual stats on your characters don't matter at all, only overall GP (except that granted by mod color).
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks.

This is correct. Ship stats are solely based on things like number of gear pieces equipped, ability levels, and mod level/stars. Actual stats on your characters don't matter at all, only overall GP (except that granted by mod color).

I thought it was gear level. You are saying G12 with 3 slots equipped is higher stats than G12 with 2?
    If so then I've been conflating how mods work with ship power.
  • Options
    Thanks.

I thought it was gear level. You are saying G12 with 3 slots equipped is higher stats than G12 with 2?
    If so then I've been conflating how mods work with ship power.

3 pieces vs 2 is minimal, but yes. You'll get about one point of speed for every two each of G12 pieces, 6* mods, or zetas. The calculator Rath_Tarr posted is very useful. I'd advise playing around with that.