7* Anakin and the Journey

Prev1
Ciel_6
178 posts Member
Yesterday I had the honour of promoting my Anakin to a full 7*s, completing him thus the hard way, refreshing his first two nodes once each day for as long as that journey lasted. For a journey it was! I discovered, along the way, within myself, a level of patience I simply did not believe I could ever possess. Now for Rey and the extra step in character development that that entails. Who else has completed him (or her) the hard way? BTW, he is totally worth the pain. Yes, I'm a confirmed Anakin fanboy and I worship the man like a God; I had no real choice in the matter. Yet he never fails to get the job done, to whatever use he is put.

Replies

• Options
    Yes yes yes. Bought him from the Jedi pack and farmed him to 7* maxed gear (including 50 stun cuffs and 50 blow dryers)
    He's not my best guy but the hardest guy I worked on so therefor there's a special place in my heart for him so I won't remove him. (Also he's suppose to have the strongest AoE at level 80+)
    Anyways he was also in the team that I obtained 7* Yoda with so he's even more special
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Yes yes yes. Bought him from the Jedi pack and farmed him to 7* maxed gear (including 50 stun cuffs and 50 blow dryers)
    He's not my best guy but the hardest guy I worked on so therefor there's a special place in my heart for him so I won't remove him. (Also he's suppose to have the strongest AoE at level 80+)
    Anyways he was also in the team that I obtained 7* Yoda with so he's even more special

Very cool! Looking forward to getting him plus 80 in that case! Do you know what the max ability level will be?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I only started farming mine recently when I decided to get the characters I like rather than the common ones. Didn't realize when I started farming him that he'd get stronger after the cap, extra bonus lol. Mine is still on 71/80 now. Long way to go still but my server is also not so old so once he's at 5* I'll start using him
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    I only started farming mine recently when I decided to get the characters I like rather than the common ones. Didn't realize when I started farming him that he'd get stronger after the cap, extra bonus lol. Mine is still on 71/80 now. Long way to go still but my server is also not so old so once he's at 5* I'll start using him

Almost there! Just unlocking him will be cool enough. Do you see a place for him in your squad long term?
  • Options
    Ciel_6 wrote: »

Very cool! Looking forward to getting him plus 80 in that case! Do you know what the max ability level will be?

No idea I'm gonna guess 10? But at level 78 that +15% to his Smite ability will be awesome. Him with QGJ lead is perfection. Both have offense up capabilities and speedy, I also have Yoda maxed so I can keep offense up longer when the battles become longer. Then I have Lumi and Ahsoka (recently added cause of buff)
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Almost there! Just unlocking him will be cool enough. Do you see a place for him in your squad long term?
    Yeah I'll keep him in no matter what. Like I said I decided to go for chracters I like. I've found more enjoyment in the game from it. I also decided to sacrifice elsewhere to work on Jedi for yoda because I like him too. I have yoda and Han now already (actually like that it's the stormtrooper one also, that scene with him trying to convince them in the intercom that everything was fine was one of my favorite scenes). And I'm working on anakin and Rey now. Loved her character in the new film. Also didn't realize she was that good in game until after I started farming her. So those 4 and qgj mainly for his speed boost for now. Him and anakin will be quick but once General Kenobi is in game then he'll be my 5th in place of qgj
  • Options

How old is your server? Just curious.. My ani is close to 5* and I'm also thinking that I should try him out by then, the only obstacle is his gear which seems quite nasty to obtain.
    My server is from mid December.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options

No idea I'm gonna guess 10? But at level 78 that +15% to his Smite ability will be awesome. Him with QGJ lead is perfection. Both have offense up capabilities and speedy, I also have Yoda maxed so I can keep offense up longer when the battles become longer. Then I have Lumi and Ahsoka (recently added cause of buff)

I'm planning an almost identical team! I was thinking of running Anakin as leader but you think he'll work better behind QGJ?
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options

Yeah I'll keep him in no matter what. Like I said I decided to go for chracters I like. I've found more enjoyment in the game from it. I also decided to sacrifice elsewhere to work on Jedi for yoda because I like him too. I have yoda and Han now already (actually like that it's the stormtrooper one also, that scene with him trying to convince them in the intercom that everything was fine was one of my favorite scenes). And I'm working on anakin and Rey now. Loved her character in the new film. Also didn't realize she was that good in game until after I started farming her. So those 4 and qgj mainly for his speed boost for now. Him and anakin will be quick but once General Kenobi is in game then he'll be my 5th in place of qgj

Yep, Kenobi is another must have! Totally agree with your thinking.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mine is from about 10/11 Jan I think. everyone only started reaching 70 about 2 weeks ago so I can still get away with low starred toons. Always finish 6-10 mostly. My team is much weaker in power than those around me because of lower stars but they get the job done now. What I'm using at the moment is qgj 6*, yoda 5* (only just unlocked him), Han 6*, and my gs and daka are only 5* and I'm not working on improving them. I stopped when I decided to chase the other team. Didn't even bother farming gs to gear 9 to max his speed because he'll be out soon. I think the idea of the all powerful bug with a gun is why I decided to chase a team I like. I couldn't go through with using all my resources for a bug like everyone else
  • Options
    Yeah you definetly have to have QGJ as lead especially during this meta. That extra speed is godly against the GS' and Droid teams
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Mine is from about 10/11 Jan I think. everyone only started reaching 70 about 2 weeks ago so I can still get away with low starred toons. Always finish 6-10 mostly. My team is much weaker in power than those around me because of lower stars but they get the job done now. What I'm using at the moment is qgj 6*, yoda 5* (only just unlocked him), Han 6*, and my gs and daka are only 5* and I'm not working on improving them. I stopped when I decided to chase the other team. Didn't even bother farming gs to gear 9 to max his speed because he'll be out soon. I think the idea of the all powerful bug with a gun is why I decided to chase a team I like. I couldn't go through with using all my resources for a bug like everyone else

I need Daka for the DS battles... Is 5* enough or should she be taken to 7?
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah you definetly have to have QGJ as lead especially during this meta. That extra speed is godly against the GS' and Droid teams

Ok, thanks. Will stay with QGJ!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

I took her to 5* to attempt those battles and somehow finished all 4 at 3* on my first attempt. So she's good enough at 5* but you need a good strategy. Which I found out by reading other threads here. Always take out the clones first to stop them from minipulating the TM and then do the Jedi. But what helped me was that I had dooku as well. He was only 4* but good enough. Every time daka and dooku had an attack I would always try to stun the toon closes to a turn. And dooku against the Jedi close to a turn because his basic stuns them. And everyone else was focusing others down. But I always used those two for stuns. I barely got attacked throughout because of all the stuns. Only needed daka to heal once on 7D
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

I took her to 5* to attempt those battles and somehow finished all 4 at 3* on my first attempt. So she's good enough at 5* but you need a good strategy. Which I found out by reading other threads here. Always take out the clones first to stop them from minipulating the TM and then do the Jedi. But what helped me was that I had dooku as well. He was only 4* but good enough. Every time daka and dooku had an attack I would always try to stun the toon closes to a turn. And dooku against the Jedi close to a turn because his basic stuns them. And everyone else was focusing others down. But I always used those two for stuns. I barely got attacked throughout because of all the stuns. Only needed daka to heal once on 7D

My whole team was phasma (l), dooku, daka, Sid and gs but sid was the only one at 7*. I also saved all my poggle and asajj allies for those fights. Asajj might be slow but she adds an extra possible stun which is great
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options

Thanks for that. That info will definitely come in handy! Great to know she is workable at 5*.
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm slowly getting there 12/85 :( Can't wait to use him in the arena!
  • Options
    i am excited to see what could potentially happen with Anakin on a team with old ben...and Old Ben be killed before Anakin....

With the boost that Old Ben's if you strike me down(crit damage up and all the others) then anakins righteous fury(huge damage boost) then his attack should be absolute madness.

QGJ
    Yoda
    Anakin
    Lumi
    Old Ben

With Lumi or Old Ben eventually replaced by General Kenobi.....
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I'm still on my journey to seven stars. It is indeed a challenge.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats. 25/100 for 7* here and he is (befitting his character) making me struggle for every bloody shard as I go 0/9, 1/9 or 2/9 pretty much every day.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Just passed the 6* mark, 4/100 as we speak, and loving him so far. Not necessarily the best performing but the most fun to play attacker on my bench. Can't wait to get his gear up to bloody level 8, man do I hate those 20 Frisbee-Trashcan-Disk things.
    Also, kinda like usArmyJedi, he pulled me through Yoda 6* Event with basically a fun team so he gets a special place in my roster, alongside "New Snips". :wink:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I have seven star geared up (not the 50s) Anakin. Yeah he is awesome. Seem to be holding top 10 arena rank overnight. Yesterday paid at #2 because of dinner with family. Woke up to 4th on my December shard. As good as I have done. Took back first and then went to my job that supports my purple crystals. I am still tuning the damage and the order of when guys go and who to hit to get offense up on that AOE on the first turn. QGJ with assist just does too much damage often!! Ha ha ha. So now I am like hitting someone tankier than the DPS /glass cannon someone like Phasma so I can red them and then Anakin them. I have have 5 vs. 1 against the strongest guy on my server on offense shout to you @Predian who rolls with Aayla, QG J (L), Yoda and the like...
  • Options
    Droids: ha ha ha...
  • Options
    Congrats, very cool. I just got mine and have him at 5-star and Gear level 7 and I'm already doing arena with him just because I love the character and he has some cool abilities. I didn't realize just how fast he was with QGJ at lead, my turns go Yoda, Anakin, QGJ, was shocked.

Is Old Ben really that good at 7-star? I've been farming JC for the next Yoda event but once I have him at 7 I was planning to farm OB for arena. I wasn't sure if was worth it or not.

Is General Kenobi really coming out? If so, is there a link to his info?
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @LordAlvert
    May I ask your arena squad setup you use with QGL and Anakin?

• Options
    On offense I have available to me 7 star and maxed and viable: sid, gs, daka, lumi, ashoka, yoda, Anakin, poggle, eeth, qgj, barriss, jc. Might be missing one other toon... Anyway I am using the triumvirate of qgj (l), yoda, Anakin. Right now my best two others for arena defense are daka and lumi. I have been reading these forums for a while. People don't wanna target daka... I just let out the secret... Ssshh...
  • Options
    On offense I rotate it depending on the situation which is pretty easy... Almost always Anakin, qgj, yoda... Its so fun esp with Ashoka to tinker with who gets your first four hits... As the other team waits to fill their blue meter and succumbs to the wailing they are being administered by the fast and venerable jedi...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    People don't wanna target daka.

That's not an issue since they fixed the self revive bug.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Since no team I have encountered or heard of is OP enough to win with the AI against other meta or arena caliber squads... then arena defense is about perception. Before QGJ big DPS (FOTP, Rey, GS, et al.) was very scary when protected by a tank. At this point with QGJ if you have Rey you HAVE a target on your back. I target Rey teams with joy. If you have droids you have a target on your back. Dooku is whatever on AI defense. Poe was a nightmare before qgj. My top ten is clogged with qgj. There are remarkably 4 droid top 50 teams and I love it when they are available to attack. I let my kids beat the AI. My five year old learned IG88 does need to die first last night. So the discussion is who do people NOT want to fight and who DO they want to fight. In my opinion I am still irritated by: Phasma, Sid (jedi dodger), GS (DPS that isn't for sure gone first round and often paired with other DPS). The only single toon in my opinion that tends to deter attackers is Daka. And personally I see the meta shifting to fear of Ewok Elder and the new chief. Clones were a fake out but the Ewok squads look real. With daka, people decide they will fight another team. My arena rank holds. Before Yoda I was absolutely avoidant of the whales with old ben but thanks to yoda no fears... But they are probably still the most formidable, QGJ, Yoda, Ben, DPS.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @LordAlvert - Why do you target Rey teams? I avoid her usually, especially with RG present.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.