End game competitive characters on matured Arena Server

DrpPnts4Food
224 posts Member
edited March 2016
Hi Experts,

The top ranked player on my server is level 70. Ranks 2-20 are levels 60-67. Everyone is approaching 7* stars and purple gear for their current Arena squads.

Most of the make up at the moment is full of the easy to farm strong toons such as Sid, QGJ, JC, Luminara, Genosian Solider, Poggle. (Surprisingly Phasma is doing terribly on my server)

Anyway I want veterans from mature servers to advise me of what their current top players look like and what toons they believe to drop off in power in the end "end game." This way I can take a proactive approach and stop wasting precious energy on Sid and JC whom I've heard eventually fall from the top of the bracket.

I am free to play so information limited on the following toons would be fantastic (keeping in mind that the context is for a mature server and the top 20 ranked players)

Sid, QGJ, JC, Luminara, Genosian Solider, Poggle, Count Dooku, Rey, Royal Guard, Mace, Talia, Datcha, Chew, 86, C5 Fives, Ahsoka, Finn, Poe, Luke, Hoth Rebel Scout, Biggs, Barriss, Anakin, NS initiate, Lando, Kylo, Old Daka, Boba Fett, Hk-47, 88, Han, Greedo, Admiral Ackbar, Savage, Resistance Pilot, Tskan Raider, Teebo, Phasma, Assaj, Old ben, New ewok

Please have an objective view!

Cheers,

Edit: for old ben and new ewok
Tekken 7
Post edited by DrpPnts4Food on

Replies

• slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The following characters are complete trash in the end game (for arena): JC, Mace, Talia (Unless you are going for NS), Biggs, Lando, Barriss, Tusken

These are current meta: QGJ, Lumi, GS (possible nerf), Poggle, Poe, Kylo, Dooku, Phasma, Old Daka, RG, Rey, 86, Sidious

As for future meta; i think rebels have potential (the only problem is Leia not being farmable) and Droid+Jawa synergy (if the datamined Jawa Engineer ever comes). Rey and Anakin seem to be must have characters for the future
    All are my thoughts and may vary with new updates. You could use www.swgohcantina.com for more legit info
    Post edited by slmcmr on
  • Options
    I heard top players don't use Sid anymore?
    Tekken 7
  • Options

No because he's squishy, has meh damage and his healing debuff gets resisted a lot (there are better options), but he's still viable and he's likely to get a DOT on Rey.
  • Shanks
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    he's likely to get a DOT on Rey.

For now :tongue:

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

No because he's squishy, has meh damage and his healing debuff gets resisted a lot (there are better options), but he's still viable and he's likely to get a DOT on Rey.

Let's also not forget he actually brings more damage than a Phasma lead. That bonus to crit + crit damage is absolutely worth having on some teams (an opening GS crit + assist crit will kill pretty much anyone).
  • Options

On my late December server, top 10 is usually about 6 QGJ leaders, 3 Sids, and 1 other. My team is top 10 and I have Sid as leader still.

Sid is definitely less popular, probably moreso now with Ahsoka buff.

HOWEVER.....he probably is still the best and first toon you should get from arena shipments. The current characters in arena are really underwhelming unless you plan on going droids, then you can grab HK-47 and IG-88. Maybe EK for Yoda event. Sid is still good for GW and dark side missions.

Slmcmr has listed most of the toons you should focus on with current arena meta.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Sid is still viable for 4 reasons, imho:

He's fast - before buffs, he' the second fastest hero after Dooku.
    He has decent offense versatility between DoTs on his AoE and heal block.
    With all the QGJ + Jedi teams running around, he's hard for Jedi to hit because of his evasion buff vs. Jedi
    He self heals with any death (friend or foe) - there's a lot of death in arena.

All of that said, he will probably be the first hero I replace when Rey hit's 6*.

He is good for high level arena - just not quite "end game" arena (7* QGJ, Rey, GS all fully geared, etc.)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DrpPnts4Food
    224 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I really like Sid when he's my leader.

I run QGJ, 86, Luminara, Sid, and GS. I default to QGJ as leader but there's a few teams I struggled hard against. I switched leader to Sid and the burst damage was what was needed to get me the W.

When I run QGJ as leader, Sid seems to barely do anything. I love it when you trick the AI into healing though :D.

Anyone using Count Dooku in their main squad?
    Tekken 7