Same Character in different Cantina Battles

Achilles
1380 posts Member
Hello,

just a question: Whats the point of having 2 or more Canina-Battle-Nodes of just the same Character?

Finn at 3-E + 5-C
Jedi Consular at 3-A and 6-E
Chewbacca ad 1-C and 5-G
and so on ...

b.r.
Left by design.
The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.

Replies

• UltraJedi
    77 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So players that aren't leveled up enough to farm from the higher Cantina levels have a chance to farm some of the basic characters....

Farming at the higher levels nets the shards plus greater credits, xp and tokens... Makes it more worthwhile for higher leveled players to farm the same characters in case they focused on others early on and would now like to farm those with the greater rewards...
    In-Game Name: UltraVegasJedi | Leader/Founder - The Force United
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The droprate is somewhere around 33% overall ... so if you farm Chewbacca on 5-G, its just a waste of cantina energy. With 120 energy, you might try 10 times at 5-G (=mostly 3 shards) or you might try 15 times at 1-C, what should give you 5 shards ... Sure, 5-G gives you a very lil more Cantina credits, credits and training droids, but when im going to grind in cantina, its not for droids and credits (maybe cantina credits, but the difference is very lil in this case), nope, its for shards.

IMO, they just made it, so that atleast half of the nodes got shards to drop, they use some doubles, because so, they dont have to give access to too many chars at time ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Yes the cantina credits gain is nominal and xp gain is the same... The most significant difference being general credits obtained. For example for Chewy in 1C you only can get 16,000 credits for 129 energy while in 5G you would gain 45,000.

Chewbacca 1C nets:

8 XP - 13 Cantina Credits - 1,000 General Credits

129 energy = 129 XP - 209.625 Cantina Credits - 16,125 General Credits

Chewbacca 5G nets:

12 XP - 21 Cantina Credits - 4,500 General Credits

129 energy = 129 XP - 225.75 Cantina Credits - 48,375 General Credits

Add in any energy refreshes and the numbers nearly double... With limited ways to earn credits now this can be very significant in the long run.... especially for those who cannot finish GW on a daily basis.
    In-Game Name: UltraVegasJedi | Leader/Founder - The Force United
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    GW gives 448,840 credits ... Cad Bane gives 93,300 9 times a week ... i dont think, ppl choice cantina to farm credits, i still prefer to get more shards over more credits.
    Left by design.
  • Options
    Should be different characters so we can farm them all #suggestion#
  • Options
    It should be easier characters early on then harder in later nodes. I've said this all along, farming in lower cantina levels is more worth it. I've been doing 6* Old Ben's 2E battle for all of his shards and I would probably still be back at 5* if I'd been doing the higher level node. Credits mean nothing to me because I don't waste them frivolously like people seem to do on here.