Huge Mismatch in GP in Exhibition

Entus
161 posts Member
In my division(1) the closest gp is 500k+ ahead of me....im at 4.7mil gp. These guys are all 5.2+ mil. A bit ridiculous. Same thing with most of my guild. Im guessing this is a bug as well? Why isnt there a division for 5mil+? The differences in gp as you go higher are exponential. A 4.7mil may have 90 g12. A 5 mil will have 130+ in a lot of cases. There are less places for the gp to go as you get higher.

Replies

• Options
    What does overall GP have to do with it? Ships aren't even included in the GAC. The formula isn't based on GP any longer....it's based on the characters who are actually usable in the event....i.e, bottom of the roster fluff has much less impact on matchmaking because those characters won't even be part of the GAC.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    There are some bad matchups but like 95% of the ones posted here in the forum are just silly....

The people complaining about the other person having more GP literally have more G12 toons, better mods.... I dont' get it...

If people want to say it's broke broke they are not doing a good job...

BTW anyone who thinks I'm schilling for CG I'm prob one of the TOP GA haters anywhere..... I just think whatever new formula they are using is not that bad..... There are some people falling through the cracks and yeah 1st place in my bracket is already decided but it still seems way more balanced across the brackets now...

I could be wrong.... who knows... we will find out what they think when the exhibition is over

Remember Apollo Creed in Rocky 4 was just an exhibition
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah ur wrong.
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    There are some bad matchups but like 95% of the ones posted here in the forum are just silly....

The people complaining about the other person having more GP literally have more G12 toons, better mods.... I dont' get it...

If people want to say it's broke broke they are not doing a good job...

BTW anyone who thinks I'm schilling for CG I'm prob one of the TOP GA haters anywhere..... I just think whatever new formula they are using is not that bad..... There are some people falling through the cracks and yeah 1st place in my bracket is already decided but it still seems way more balanced across the brackets now...

I could be wrong.... who knows... we will find out what they think when the exhibition is over

Remember Apollo Creed in Rocky 4 was just an exhibition

Players who are ok with this match-making is probably against with players under their division. And they are missing the point, I am under division 2, and 4 of 8 players in this exhibition round of mine is in Division 1 (yes, you can check their divisions by clicking their proflie). If I win over them, will I get division 1 rewards? Thats the problem.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Entus wrote: »
    In my division(1) the closest gp is 500k+ ahead of me....im at 4.7mil gp. These guys are all 5.2+ mil. A bit ridiculous.

Total GP is irrelevant. Ships GP is irrelevant. What's your character GP? And your opponent's character GP?

• Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    In my division(1) the closest gp is 500k+ ahead of me....im at 4.7mil gp. These guys are all 5.2+ mil. A bit ridiculous.

Total GP is irrelevant. Ships GP is irrelevant. What's your character GP? And your opponent's character GP?

He has 173 g12 toons i have 90. His char gp is 400k more
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

So you have enough g12 characters for all defense slots, all first offense attempts, and 10 left over if you lose the first attempt. If you’re using more than 90 characters there’s a good chance you’re losing anyway.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

So you have enough g12 characters for all defense slots, all first offense attempts, and 10 left over if you lose the first attempt. If you’re using more than 90 characters there’s a good chance you’re losing anyway.

Its obvious you dont play at the top of the foodchain.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

I do. Division 1 with DR and DM. And from my experience Liath is right. If you’re using more than 90 characters there’s a good chance you’re losing anyway.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

So you're saying you don't even need to clear all the def teams on the first attempt to win? Dang, top of the foodchain sounds like a walk in the park.
    Save water, drink champagne!