Grand arena matchmaking error?

Prev1
I complain a lot I know, but never about GA I’ve always found it to be fair and only ever lost once so can’t conplain plus I enjoy it.

But just searched all of the opponents, they all have a minimum of 4.8 mill GP, 2.9 is the lowest character GP.

I’m 3.9 and have only 2.5 character GP. Is it meant to be like this? Pretty sure I’m nailed on last as they all have the same arena team as me and have 1st too, but with so much more depth I don’t stand a chance. Seems a bit unfair.

Replies

• Options
    The matching has never been strong. The reason for this is fairly simple... Galactic Power is meaningless. Always has been. It's not about fair, it's not down to a matching algorithm, or anything else... it's about scoring. And the scoring has been way off for some time.

Why oh why did they use it to create the Divisions in Grand Arena? Well, in all honesty, probably in the absence of anything better. Does it work? Of course not. Depending on which toons I use, I can whoop teams much higher in galactic power, and vice versa - we've all seen it.

If you don't have Revan, Chewbacca, 3P0 or the likes, then you could be in bother. If you have geared and levelled up older toons (and therefore more often than not, less relevant) you could be in real bother. And if it's both... look forward to that 8th spot.

Are two toons with 10k power as good as one at 20k? Lmao. Does scoring need a complete overhaul? Absolutely! Will it happen? Mynocks it will!
  • Options
    I’m 3.9 and have only 2.5 character GP. Is it meant to be like this? Pretty sure I’m nailed on last as they all have the same arena team as me and have 1st too, but with so much more depth I don’t stand a chance. Seems a bit unfair.

Matchmaking is no longer based on GP. Without knowing how many G12s, G11s, G10s, G9s that everyone has, there is absolutely no way to tell whether any of the match-ups are balanced or fair. Just giving us your GP doesn't tell us anything.
  • Options
    I agree GP can’t be the sole matchmaking, I’ve benefited from it because I don’t gear useless toons. Which is why I’ve found GA competitive but winnable every time.

But I feel it’s gone from one extreme to another. I have approximately 60 g12 with 50 odd zetas. I’m facing some with 80 g12 and 70 zetas, it’s quite simply not winnable if they have the meta teams too. It’s not like I can rely on DR, JKR, Padme etc as they have the exact same teams but more.
  • Options
    The point I’m making is I can accept some being placed against lower GP opponents when they have a wide spread roster with little focus so they’re not running meta arena teams. As that evens itself out. The problem I have is I am against players who are focused, all #1 in their arenas at PO, but I still have a huge GP disadvantage.
  • Options
    The point I’m making is I can accept some being placed against lower GP opponents when they have a wide spread roster with little focus so they’re not running meta arena teams. As that evens itself out. The problem I have is I am against players who are focused, all #1 in their arenas at PO, but I still have a huge GP disadvantage.
    So you're happy facing opponents with a lower GP than you that don't have the best toons, but not happy when the tablespoon are turned? That's not my definition of unfair.
    I do think the scoring is so skewed that yes, if you have a widespread roster versus a more focused one, then you are at a disadvantage. And if you are not running the current meta, then massive disadvantage. I think it needs to run to perhaps allow EA to realise how far out of alignment scoring has become... then they can address the problem. Then Divisions can be more equitable.
  • Options
    So you're happy facing opponents with a lower GP than you that don't have the best toons, but not happy when the tablespoon are turned? That's not my definition of unfair.
    I do think the scoring is so skewed that yes, if you have a widespread roster versus a more focused one, then you are at a disadvantage. And if you are not running the current meta, then massive disadvantage. I think it needs to run to perhaps allow EA to realise how far out of alignment scoring has become... then they can address the problem. Then Divisions can be more equitable.

Who said anything about me facing those with lower GP? I focus my account on meta characters only, if someone decides to gear everyone and not the right characters then that should be their problem not the entire player bases
  • Options

Who said anything about me facing those with lower GP? I focus my account on meta characters only, if someone decides to gear everyone and not the right characters then that should be their problem not the entire player bases

You did
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

You did

I’m quite clearly referring to those without focus being matched against those with lower GP to even it out. Don’t play stupid.
  • Options

Right there is one of the problems. It's fine for you cause you are always winning. You have a huge head above all your opponents and they think it's super unfair. They are in these forums weeks ago doing what you are doing now, demanding the way ga is done to be changed.

Honestly this way makes it more fair, puts you up against people like you, if you start to lose just try harder or spend more money. Cause what you are doing now is what the others you crushed did.
  • Options
    800k more GP and 20 more g12. 10 more zetas. Yea well fair. What a stupid comment.

P.S I’ll still scrape second cause I actually know how to play the game, the thread is about miss matches, which based on roster depth I’ve clearly been miss matched as have others.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    the thread is about miss matches

Gotta keep an eye on her unless you want your possessions to go up in smoke.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Matchmaking is no longer based on GP. Without knowing how many G12s, G11s, G10s, G9s that everyone has, there is absolutely no way to tell whether any of the match-ups are balanced or fair. Just giving us your GP doesn't tell us anything.

It's still based on GP, just not totality of it but a slice of it. CG says there are also soft weightings in place other than it, but this invisible for doesn't seem to change the outcome much as while top end GP slice they use aligns almost perfectly, all else looks pretty random and left to chance.
  • Options
    Yeah there’s a mismatch in GAC. My opponent has 35 GS12+ to my 29. I beat his 115mil GP CLS team with an 89K 5* Traya without Zetas, Sion, Nihilus, Bastila team. Look for solutions instead of being a Jerry.
  • Options
    I don’t understand this post. OP says matching is unfair then says he’ll most likely get 2nd place. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    115mil cls squad, where can I get me one if those? 😜
  • Options
    Yeah there’s a mismatch in GAC. My opponent has 35 GS12+ to my 29. I beat his 115mil GP CLS team with an 89K 5* Traya without Zetas, Sion, Nihilus, Bastila team. Look for solutions instead of being a Jerry.

Want a medal? I have all the above teams. When both players have the 6 strongest metas jn the game it boils down to GO depth. Go play with your new traya squad like a big boy
  • Options

Want a medal? I have all the above teams. When both players have the 6 strongest metas jn the game it boils down to GO depth. Go play with your new traya squad like a big boy

No, I don’t want or need a medal thank you. I have plenty earned over a career doing important things other than crying because someone has a 500k lead over me in exhibition mode. If you all had actually read any instructions by the devs you would post the issues in the mega thread as asked instead of flooding General with thousands of whambulance posts. I know reading comprehension is bad on these forums as evidenced by many pointing out simple things to the OPs.

Fact check: Please post over in the megathread if you run into any additional bugs or have feedback around the event.

Enjoy you weekend and sorry I could not get into an awesome guild to carry me in HSTR when it first came out. I didn’t realize someone’s roster was more important than the ability to strategize and overcome.
  • Options

No, I don’t want or need a medal thank you. I have plenty earned over a career doing important things other than crying because someone has a 500k lead over me in exhibition mode. If you all had actually read any instructions by the devs you would post the issues in the mega thread as asked instead of flooding General with thousands of whambulance posts. I know reading comprehension is bad on these forums as evidenced by many pointing out simple things to the OPs.

Fact check: Please post over in the megathread if you run into any additional bugs or have feedback around the event.

Enjoy you weekend and sorry I could not get into an awesome guild to carry me in HSTR when it first came out. I didn’t realize someone’s roster was more important than the ability to strategize and overcome.

I top scores HSTR for months, was never carried but good try.
    You sound pretty triggered bro, git gud.
    Also I posted this before there was a mega thread, see ya 👍
  • KaksKiller
    45 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    This new match matching is bull ....
    very bad
  • Options
    Proof regarding my complaints of matchmaking. I first cleared every battle, 1 under sized as well except for his malak. Difference is, despite him failing several times he can just keep attacking as he has 10-15 more g12’s and a dozen more zetas and better mods than me. My strategy clearly worked, played it well but it’s impossible to win when the gap is that big. v5a5dtlmdn7l.png
    rrfd5bm6sczt.png
    vruzxtxagp9j.png
    193u4vekcsad.png
    o5rifibahv7z.png
  • Options
    Matchmaking isn’t done on total GP - posting those numbers is meaningless.
  • Options
    I complain a lot I know, but never about GA I’ve always found it to be fair and only ever lost once so can’t conplain plus I enjoy it.

But just searched all of the opponents, they all have a minimum of 4.8 mill GP, 2.9 is the lowest character GP.

Match making now is done almost exclusively by looking at the top GP characters in your roster.
    Use this tool to compare to your opponent, using the top 65-70 characters and you'll find it's not much of a mismatch at all.

https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare
  • Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »

Match making now is done almost exclusively by looking at the top GP characters in your roster.
    Use this tool to compare to your opponent, using the top 65-70 characters and you'll find it's not much of a mismatch at all.

Did you look at the pictures at the bottom? 😂😂😂
  • Options
    And point proven yet again. F you CG, well played to my opponent, good match but should never of been facing him in the first place. yby393ywmxqo.png
    ro0krzgamefg.png
    a8sb7v7zrb5k.png
    And point proven yet again. F you CG, well played to my opponent, good match but should never of been facing him in the first place. yby393ywmxqo.png
    ro0krzgamefg.png
    a8sb7v7zrb5k.png

Ouch man, I feel for ya. That's how mine looks as well. GP does matter when the opponent can throw 4 extra teams on offense at you to clear a zone and win.
  • Options
    Exactly my point dude. It is frustrating, I’m all for close matches but there is literally nothing I could of done to win which is a miss match.
    SpamFolder wrote: »
    ro0krzgamefg.png
    a8sb7v7zrb5k.png
    ro0krzgamefg.png
    a8sb7v7zrb5k.png

Ouch man, I feel for ya. That's how mine looks as well. GP does matter when the opponent can throw 4 extra teams on offense at you to clear a zone and win.

• EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

I did, and even ran the compare. It's a 9797 GP difference in the top 65 characters between you and them.
    Bottom of the roster, G7/G8 characters don't matter in the top divisions.

https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare?p1=484662465&p2=668951182&total=65&submit=Submit
  • Options
    This is more subtopic to matchmaking. The feat to use an undersized squad is proving to be alot more difficult for me under new matchmaking. Used to be fairly doable under previous matchmaking. Under new matchmaking, every one of my matches has been against higher division players usually between 700k-800k more overall GP. As I understand it, the amount of squads to set on D is determined by my GP (as the smaller GP player), which seems appropriate for the match given GP disparity. Even under new matchmaking I can still win matches. That’s not my issue at least. The problem I’m having is with the feats. The higher division players seem to always be able to set strong teams on D because they don’t have to dig down deep into their bench like they might if they were up against another player in their weight class which would require them to set more teams on D. So, I’m not seeing one or two “good but not great” teams on my opponent’s D anymore. They’re all usually solid enough that I need to field a full squad or just throw a Hail Mary with an undersized team. It’ll probably work itself out but does seem like a systemic thing to me as someone who is up against much higher GP players.
  • Options
    Exactly my point dude. It is frustrating, I’m all for close matches but there is literally nothing I could of done to win which is a miss match.
    SpamFolder wrote: »
    ro0krzgamefg.png
    a8sb7v7zrb5k.png
    ro0krzgamefg.png
    a8sb7v7zrb5k.png

You lost by 4 banners and you think the match was predetermined? Ok.
  • Options
    Yes between top 65, once again proving your in ability to read. My complaint was the million gp difference and the effect that has on roster depth. Therefore he had several more offensive squads to attack with. More g12 and more g11. Who mentioned g7/g8? No one so wins your neck in

I did, and even ran the compare. It's a 9797 GP difference in the top 65 characters between you and them.
    Bottom of the roster, G7/G8 characters don't matter in the top divisions.

https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare?p1=484662465&p2=668951182&total=65&submit=Submit