What happened to the match making?

Someone plz help me figure this out. I am in division 4. The top most GP allowed is supposed to be 3.09 million. There are at least 3 people who exceed that GP, and of course my first opponent has 1.2 million more GP than me.

How can this happen? amzkm4txtgoe.png
q39gloxax51m.png
lila5h2krkia.png
h66zpmioqq5i.png
r9ie73cu3wi2.png
oqanumzv4buj.png

Replies

• Options
    Matchmaking is not limited by divisions and is not solely based upon character GP, let alone overall GP.
  • Options
    How does it feel to know you lost already? This is sad
  • Options
    What are you talking about? You are placed in a certain division at the beginning of GAC based upon your GP. That did not happen here. I wouldn’t reach someone 3.7 million GP presumably unless I had won a ton of GAC and progressed to them
    Matchmaking is not limited by divisions and is not solely based upon character GP, let alone overall GP.

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Kenyon Strove (~2.25mio char GP; fluffed roster)
    - 30 g12
    - 47 zetas
    - solid mod depth

DarthSide (~1.6mio char GP; focused roster)
    - 36 g12
    - 35 zetas
    - solid mod depth

While the total GP difference might give the impression of a ridiculous matchup, once we take out the fleet GP and take a brief look into some things like g11/12 chars, zetas, etc. it no longer looks that bad.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I took these things into consideration as well. Just saying the very last GAC, things were a lot closer. Plus, this type of rollout causes confusion with the division structure. By not initially limiting divisions to GP, it contradicts CG’s instruction about the division structure.
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Kenyon Strove (~2.25mio char GP; fluffed roster)
    - 30 g12
    - 47 zetas
    - solid mod depth

DarthSide (~1.6mio char GP; focused roster)
    - 36 g12
    - 35 zetas
    - solid mod depth

While the total GP difference might give the impression of a ridiculous matchup, once we take out the fleet GP and take a brief look into some things like g11/12 chars, zetas, etc. it no longer looks that bad.