Seeking Community Manager

Prev1
I'm not sure but I think yesterday would have been a good day to reach out and try and at the very least explain how this system is supposed to work. Forums, reddit, guild chat, discord are all blazing with people confused and we get nothing official from CG. Just find that odd.

Replies

• Options
    They told us 5 weeks ago how GAC matchmaking would work: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204353/improvements-to-grand-arena-matchmaking#latest

And the in-game event has this: g26bk3o107sy.png

What do you need a Community Manager to explain to you? The CM isn't here to help people find information they didn't bother searching for.
  • Options
    Bro Crazygone510. I see people dont like your hard opinions.
    I know you just want to help people undestand that they get what they asked
  • Options
    There is no maximum power of units you can deploy when you have unlimited attacks on offence. That is the problem, if someone sets 6 teams and it is using the top 60 toons GP for matchmaking, that only makes it fair if you are only using 6 squads to attack, otherwise it is completely broken.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    They told us 5 weeks ago how GAC matchmaking would work: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204353/improvements-to-grand-arena-matchmaking#latest

What do you need a Community Manager to explain to you? The CM isn't here to help people find information they didn't bother searching for.

That's doesn't explain much actually. Is this for defensive squads? Offensive squads? Are zetas and mods now included in this system? Sorry, but this doesn't explain enough to understand what's implicated.

I'm setting 6 teams down. Is this my top 30 players or top 60 including offensive teams to use to fight? So what happens to the remaining part of the offensive roster? You can say what you would like, but this isn't clear at all.

They will never tell us full details because they don't want people exploiting it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Well they won't ever give us the exact formulae I dont think (but I can come up with a reason they should).

But if the suspicions are right its a pretty simple formulae and thats probably for the best. One message: Get more characters, more GP, and max out the good ones.

Just as an observation, since this is a thing now, increasing credit access might increase the frequency of gearing toons and make them a little more money. I have a number at g1 because I can't afford to level them.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Here's how it works:

1: Forum whines for months that people who "fluffed" their rosters for TB get screwed.
    2: CG gives them exactly what they want and tweaks matchmaking to only factor in the strongest squads on a roster
    3: People still aren't handed guaranteed victory on a plate, so they resume frothing at the mouth and declaring everything to be garbage, because something about "player versus player" is very hard to understand.

I look forward to seeing how many opponents in my current bracket just give up and don't attack at all because I have a Malak on my arena team.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

That's doesn't explain much actually. Is this for defensive squads? Offensive squads? Are zetas and mods now included in this system? Sorry, but this doesn't explain enough to understand what's implicated.

I'm setting 6 teams down. Is this my top 30 players or top 60 including offensive teams to use to fight? So what happens to the remaining part of the offensive roster? You can say what you would like, but this isn't clear at all.

They will never tell us full details because they don't want people exploiting it.

They have stated this already. We wont get details, we get the broad strokes to keep people from trying too hard to get it easy.
  • Options

Full transparency is never bad.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Not going to lie, I didn't know we even has a community manager. If so, they sure are quiet when everyone is on full blast.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Just as an observation, since this is a thing now, increasing credit access might increase the frequency of gearing toons and make them a little more money. I have a number at g1 because I can't afford to level them.

How long have you been playing? At a certain point, credits become a non-factor. Like hmm maybe 2.5 years in, you will have an overabundance of credits and can afford to level everything to 85 if you so desire. Once you do that, you can save up fast. I have ~300M saved up now waiting for that next level cap increase....
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options

How long have you been playing? At a certain point, credits become a non-factor. Like hmm maybe 2.5 years in, you will have an overabundance of credits and can afford to level everything to 85 if you so desire. Once you do that, you can save up fast. I have ~300M saved up now waiting for that next level cap increase....

Disagree. Credits doesn’t become a non factor just because you have played a long time. Sure if you only use your credits to level toons then yes you will be able to save a lot, but if you tend to buy mods from the mods store for example it is easy to to burn through your cash stash.
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »

Disagree. Credits doesn’t become a non factor just because you have played a long time. Sure if you only use your credits to level toons then yes you will be able to save a lot, but if you tend to buy mods from the mods store for example it is easy to to burn through your cash stash.

If mod store purchases are impeding your credit savings, then you are either having far better luck getting decent mods available for purchase in the mod store or you have significantly less discerning criteria for purchasing mods available there. Or you are refreshing the store with crystals (no thanks, I'm not paying for a chance at a chance of a chance of a better mod.)
  • Options

If mod store purchases are impeding your credit savings, then you are either having far better luck getting decent mods available for purchase in the mod store or you have significantly less discerning criteria for purchasing mods available there. Or you are refreshing the store with crystals (no thanks, I'm not paying for a chance at a chance of a chance of a better mod.)

And it is through this approach that we have malcontents complaining about the fact that others have great/god mods and they have just rubbish. Mods, as everything in this game requires investment of resources.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Ive been playing since Nov 2016. Mods eat the vast vast majority of my credits now. I had a huge bank at one point too, but it should be spent on mods.

EDIT: I keep 15-25M for emergency toon levelling, but everything else goes to mods. It makes a huge differenece.
  • Options
    Sakul89 wrote: »

And it is through this approach that we have malcontents complaining about the fact that others have great/god mods and they have just rubbish. Mods, as everything in this game requires investment of resources.

I'm not advocating ignoring mods. I'm just not advocating using additional crystals for them.

Are you advocating crystal refreshes of stores? I personally believe wasting crystals for a chance at a chance at a chance is a poor use of the most precious game resource (crystals). Especially if you are not a Kraken willing to spend insane money on this game.

For the record, I likely have mods that are equal to if not better than most anyone who is NOT a Kraken, doing what I do in that area. If you are complaining about mods, you likely haven't rolled/sliced enough of them.
  • Options

Ive been playing since Nov 2016. Mods eat the vast vast majority of my credits now. I had a huge bank at one point too, but it should be spent on mods.

EDIT: I keep 15-25M for emergency toon levelling, but everything else goes to mods. It makes a huge differenece.

I'd be curious on your purchase criteria. I have a net gain in income most weeks as most mods in the store are not worth the outlay, IMHO.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TL;DR: Focus on the very top of your roster - likely the ones you've been using for TW, TB and Raids for the past several months anyway. Ignore everything else but the top 40 characters. Don't waste time or resources to farm, gear, level or mod anything else.

Something, something.

CG releases buggy content.

Profit.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Not from the store - from farming the mods with mod energy. Depending on how many refreshes I do can go through 5-10M in a day easy. Upgrading grey mods to 12 can get expensive. I usually only do that a couple of times a week but it can add up fast.

And I'm not gonna lie, its a pain in the ****. But your GA results will thank you for it.

Edit: I think I spent about 20M on mod upgrades during double drops. @7AnimalMother
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

And my counter to that is any matchmaking system that can be exploited isn't a very good one now is it? There isn't anything wrong with clarifying roughly how it's intended to work.

What's your exploit-proof system then?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

This is why good mods are still partly luck and partly skill. The skill lies in knowing how to best deploy your resources, including mod energy, credits (both types), and slicing mats.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

And they give us it and people exploit it and then the same people who were complaining about the matchmaking are now complaining about the exploiters.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Without spelling it out they're basically saying we're matched based our (def slots * 10) 60 highest GP characters and nothing else.
    Don't overthink it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Erroneous. Here's how that goes down:

- CG releases exact matchmaking formula
    - People stop building the best squads they can
    - Instead, they start micromanaging their roster to manipulate the formula for the easiest matchup possible, because people mostly don't really want to compete, they want to collect 1st place loot for no effort
    - Game stops being about squadbuilding and starts being about kitting out your squads in level 13 green mods that hit a (2) on speed and other such ridiculous nonsense because it's the best way to trick the formula
    - Congrats, you've turned turn-based squad combat into math class
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    6qy72ghh3ke6.jpg
    Maybe that guy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

They have stated this already. We wont get details, we get the broad strokes to keep people from trying too hard to get it easy.

I understand that that but these "broad strokes" they give only confuse people even more. I'm not here to complain about the new system, just to understand the parameters on how it is intended on working.

Build a better roster. The rest will take care of itself. Not sure why you would want to know, if not to have that knowledge used to make your roster better suited for matching in this game mode, which is what they dont want. They want to avoid a focus on developing around matchmaking.

Develop a good roster and you will not have any issues playing this game mode. That doesnt mean you will always win.
  • Options
    Not from the store - from farming the mods with mod energy. Depending on how many refreshes I do can go through 5-10M in a day easy. Upgrading grey mods to 12 can get expensive. I usually only do that a couple of times a week but it can add up fast.

And I'm not gonna lie, its a pain in the ****. But your GA results will thank you for it.

Edit: I think I spent about 20M on mod upgrades during double drops.

So I farm mods with mod energy about once or maybe twice a week. If you did 50/50/50/100/100/100 refreshes in addition to normal energy, you would get roughly 60 mods in a day.

If by some miracle all of those mods were grey and all of them happened to be 5 dot, then leveling each of them directly to 12 to determine whats keepable would indeed be roughly 5M, and if by some miracle all of those were usable and you leveled them all to 15, you would spend ~15m.

That said, in practice, you should not be spending anywhere near that much.

You are going to get at least 15 of those mods that are flat garbage (not 5 dot, garbage primaries: Defense, Tenacity, Crit Avoidance, Accuracy, or mismatches (think tenacity set potency cross)) and can be sold immediately without leveling.

Next, you are going to have a certain number of those mods that are colored up and don't need to be leveled to 12 to determine their worth.

Then, coming to the greys, don't go directly to 12. Go to 6.
    If the first two secondaries are not anything other than tenacity, defense, defense %, or potency, toss it.
    Toss stuff that won't help you achieve min/max.
    For example, if you are are farming for a CD/CC/Offense Mod for an attacker, toss it at 6 if your not seeing CC/Offense/Offense%/speed as one of the first two secondaries.
    If you are looking for a defense mod, toss it at 6 if your not seeing health/health%/prot/prot%/speed as one of the first two secondaries.
    If they are still decent at 6 then take em to 12.

You can even be stricter on this if you want. Especially with common mods like squares, circles, and diamonds. You will end up with a massive pile of those anyway.

So lets say you have a great day and find ~20 mods that are worth upgrading from 12-15 and slicing. You likely spent 3-4m. Now, you need to process those mods. You aren't spending another 3-4m farming mods for several more days. Why? Because you need to slice those 30 and see if they are worth keeping at certain points. The rest of your weeks mods energy is likely going to be used evaluating those mods with slices.

This really shouldn't be a considerable dent in your credit income.