General Suggestions

Zippy_3000
110 posts Member
edited June 2019
I'm here because in the past, i have really enjoyed this game. But I'm finding it harder and harder to do so. This post will have some ideas, but will also serve as a way for me to vent my frustrations with Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I'm a free-to-play player.. In the last 3 years I have spend less than $100 total on this game. If it wasn't way too expensive, I might have actually spent more ... but the way things are now, I'm generally just nauseated by what I see as out-and-out GREED by CG.

Ways to improve the game (in my opinion):

1- Come up with some more interesting content. Read as: A LOT MORE CONTENT, PERIOD.

I can't believe that after an entire year of development, all we're getting is a new version of GRAND ARENA, and a NEW TW MAP. Like, come on guys ... show some imagination. First of all, I don't see GA as much more than the same old thing with (hopefully) improved matchmaking. At the end of the day, it's just: "set up defense, save teams for offense, battle, you win, or you lose" It not really much different than squad arena, with a bit more strategy. Making this worse, is the direction that the game has taken in terms of a stream of "must-have" toons if you're going to compete. (Revan, Malek, etc) If you don't have these, how much fun do you really thing Grand Arena is going to be? Or TW?

Suggestion: HOW ABOUT SOME MORE STORY CONTENT? If you aren't in a position to get Darth Revan (like myself) what new story content is there at all? There's NOTHING. For those of us who have already invested in some other characters, how about something for us? Maybe like a lengthy Death Star sequence using all the original characters from episode IV where they have to rescue princess Leia, and get off the death star. Or borrow a plot idea from REBELS, and use only phoenix squad. Come up with a CLOUD CITY EVENT and use LOBOT, LANDO, and the UGNAUGHTS. Make a jedi event that uses the lesser known (now useless) jedi. Borrow an idea from the SW comics. Or let us re-do the hero's journey quests that you've already made (with minimal rewards this time) Bottom line: Do SOMETHING for people who like PVE, and not just load on more PVP battles, because to some of us, they aren't interesting.

2 - Ships are BROKEN beyond belief. Add some content or spend some time completely deconstructing it so that when you put it back together, it doesn't just rely on PEOPLE PAYING YOU A TON OF MONEY TO GET ONE SHIP (OT Falcon anyone?)

Suggestion: Why not make a ship raid? Do a death star run or something ... Do a fleet battle with multiple waves, where you have to take out a star destroyer, or a rebel cruiser, or bomb a base. Even the HOTH battle ship content is far too easy and really unimaginative. There is really NOTHING for ship combat fans, except to compete in the boring "Fleet Arena" which you have completely RUINED by making it so that all players must run the same exact fleets against each other to get top spot. Whoop-dee-doo. I placed in the top ten. How exciting.
Show some creativity here. Honestly, this just seems really lazy to me. Where the heck is the CONTENT?

3 - Consider lowering the cost for some of this stuff.

Please understand that I totally get that you need to pay the bills.. But honestly, the prices you charge are outrageously expensive for what you get. It actually makes me nauseated, and makes me want to quit - just because of the sheer GREED you display here. The ONLY REASON you get away with it, is because that's what the market will bear due to the popularity of Star Wars. I'd rather see the prices drop to something WITHIN REASON, and watch the occasional ADVERTISEMENT than face the reality of you constantly introducing new "must have characters" at insanely high prices so that people with massive amounts of disposable income can just lay down a big wad of cash to line your pockets ... You follow this up by continuously dangling those characters in front of the rest of us, with your hand out ... just waiting for us to give you our hard-earned money. It's shockingly bad actually, and in the long term, you will lose your player base more quickly if you keep going in this way.

Suggestion: I sincerely believe that if you LOWERED THE PRICE of this stuff, you'd actually get a LOT MORE PEOPLE BUYING IT ... then you'd be able to generate more content, expand the game, make it better etc etc.

4 - Deal with the stupidity of the gear grind.

There has to be a better solution than constantly offering the same boring challenges and events over and over, each with useless rewards that just pile up in your database. Why are you so consistently stingy with one stupid piece of gear? (everyone knows which one this is I'm sure) ... It's just **** to have a whack of gear pieces in stacks of 4000 or more, while you have every single player scrounging non stop for the same STUPID PIECE.

Suggestion: Have a character show up in the Holotables every once in a while, where you can TRADE STACKS OF USELESS CRAP GEAR for like ONE PIECE of SOMETHING YOU ACTUALLY WANT!! At least that way, the challenges and CRAPPY REWARDS that you CONSTANTLY HAND OUT WILL at least HAVE SOME VALUE ... even it's a fairly insignificant one.

5 - Do something with the MASSIVE BACK LOG of characters that are now useless. Or if you don't ever plan on doing anything with them, then JUST DELETE THEM.

I spent time and effort leveling Biggs and Wedge for example ... both of whom are almost completely USELESS at this point ... Especially Wedge.Let me just strip off his stupid gear, and give it to someone who can use it ... because the way it is now, it just feels like I WASTED MY TIME.

Lando. What's the point of him? He's useless. Hoth Leia, captain solo, kira, vandor chewie, all the old jedi (plo koon, ima gun di, JKG etc etc) JUST GET RID OF THEM if you're not going to go anywhere with them. Instead they somehow contribute to my "galactic power" which puts me up against much better (and no doubt RICHER) players than me, who have the 7 star OT falcon (impossible for me to beat) and Darth Traya, Darth Bastila, Darth Malek etc etc. All toons that only have one possible counter to them, which I don't have.

And then what do you roll out? GRAND ARENA, AND MORE TERRITORY WAR. How utterly short sighted, unimaginative, and underwhelming.

I know I'm just a F2P player ... I know I don't really count and that you don't really care, because I don't choose to go along with your ridiculously over-priced offerings. I'm just really frustrated with this game now ... and this is a game that I used to really enjoy. Now I'm basically bored all of the time, and when you finally get around to rolling out the new content, it's all just more of the same boring stuff. You are clearly 100 percent undoubtedly COMMITTED to the players who LINE YOUR POCKETS, and have the income to DROP INSANE AMOUNTS OF CASH on the NEWEST THING OVER AND OVER, and that's clearly the audience you care about. So i'm guessing your market research has led you to the conclusion that these are the most important customers, and they all love PVP the most, (so that's all you're developing) and NONE of them are frustrated with the gear grind because they just buy it instead.

So everything's just working as intended right? All peaches and cream as long as there are enough PAY-TO-WIN players out there to line your pockets while you just put in the very least amount of effort possible into your product?

Sad to see, because the game used to be really great. Just my two cents.