are you really saying that the Matchmaking is working as intended??

Prev1
Vicarious
292 posts Member
edited June 2019
This most certainly wont result in a “blowout”, now will it. (sarcasm)

The forums are full of complaints and worries from players regarding GA matchmaking and yet you (CG) completely ignore them all and makes a post about how the GA matchmaking is working as intended...... WOW!?!?

Telling you right now, if this is going to be the norm then you are going to lose a ton of players. I personally already know the outcome of my first Grand Arena Champion, and it’s last place. Every other player in my group is well over 5.3m GP while I am sitting at 4.9m GP. While this may not seem like a big difference, the numbers don’t lie.

Admit you (CG) made a mistake and fix this bantha fodder.

aqb17rb2hrjr.jpeg
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    That would go down as an outlier. That’s a stinker and no mistake.

@CG_SBCrumb : this one has somehow slipped the net on your first pass at new matchmaking!
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

@CG_SBCrumb : this one has somehow slipped the net on your first pass at new matchmaking!

Huh? They're in division 1. That means 8 defensive teams. They're being matched on the GP of their strongest 80 characters. Both have over 80 G12 characters.

How can you so confidently say it's a stinker or that it slipped the net?
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Options
    But you have 48 g11 toons to their 5. Where is your fighting spirit? (Sarcasm). Lol
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Huh? They're in division 1. That means 8 defensive teams. They're being matched on the GP of their strongest 80 characters. Both have over 80 G12 characters.

I see your point. Seems a little bit extreme though, if that is indeed how matchmaking is working!
  • sigsig
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I was curious so I looked. If you only include your first 65 characters, you actually have more GP than he does
    https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare?p1=434873168&p2=962795628&total=65&submit=Submit

When you go out to 80, you are down by 10k gp. So not horrible

At 100 characters you're down 30k gp.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

I see your point. Seems a little bit extreme though, if that is indeed how matchmaking is working!

It definitely looks like an uphill battle for the player with 81 G12s but not impossible. The mod distribution is not in their favor either but that can't be blamed on changes to the algorithm.

Hopefully they'll continue to tune the algorithm rather than simply scrap it and return to the old one.
  • Options
    Oh wow. Im famous!
  • Options
    @vicarious we now know why they had to reset it last tome at least. They didn’t give big enough advantage to top of the spear. I’ve learned the hard way that they won’t listen to the masses, unless the masses are the top of the spear players. Which is hardly ever because everything they’ve added, especially within the last year, has been added to benefit those players. Look at the bright side, you won’t have to worry about winning or losing. It’s already been decided before the match begins. GA is more or less a big do you have or do you not have Drevan and Malak. They should call it Drevan+ Malak Arena.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    sigsig wrote: »
    I was curious so I looked. If you only include your first 65 characters, you actually have more GP than he does
    https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare?p1=434873168&p2=962795628&total=65&submit=Submit

Holy moley thats awesome. Is it new?

Also OP - Who's head is that, and why is it in a jar?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    l8x7k6buw5qy.jpeg
  • sigsig
    234 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Yeah I built it this morning
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Yeah I built it this morning

My advanced condolences on your bandwidth. ;)
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Then give up and once the real GAC starts let yourself get beaten so you stay in bronzium league and you can start bashing on newbies. Problem solved.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    They’re looking for fewer than 5% blowouts. There is no matchmaking algorithm that will lead to 0% blowouts. So...let’s see how this new algorithm shakes out. This is their attempt to appease all the whiners who complained about pure GP matching. Give it a shot.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Dk_rek please don't, this isn't Reddit on a Saturday Tuesday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Cmon man yall get avocados

They got wierd over there was supposed to be friday now everyday after a week lol
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Running man meme are acceptable any day of the week 👍
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Head in jar looks like young Sid Haig w hair
  • Options
    0xz5gkfgifmf.jpeg what
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    If your 81 zetas were well planned compared to his 69 you could actually have an advantage.
  • Options

Seems like this matching would be better if they made some attempt to factor in offense as well...maybe look at an additional 1x or 1.5x squads worth of GP? Looking at an additional 1.5x (100 toons total) the OP slips on the match by ~30k, so they’re clearly at a disadvantage when it comes to actually taking out the opponents defense...
  • Options
    It's totally not fair. His zeta advantage is just to much to overcome. I set my best defenses and he just walked through them. I've never seen anyone clear my clone troopers and geonosians with such command. He must get his mods professionally done by peempo. Definitely got sandbagged here or he is using the mod swap exploit. Who can take down those elite teams so efficiently?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....I was "mismatched" by over 1 million GP but still pulled off a first round win. How? By having the right teams and by sacrificing countless hours and credits by farming mods. This GP mismatch is just another excuse to say I'm not ready to compete
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Here's a blowout in the opposite direction.

My opponent had about 50% more GP than me (both squad and total) but because his roster is unfocused, I was able to complete both under-sized squad feats while wiping out the strongest defense he could muster and there is really nothing he can do in return. This was not a good.match.

tnnlqqphqmjw.png

+

tvu6czxth5p9.png

=

v9z0dk23kvvn.png
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    GP matchmaking about to get much worse after exhibition ends because @Rath_Tarr continues on making blowouts
  • Options
    CG doesnt care about its players. Only its coders that pretend this MM system is a good idea
  • Options
    honestly i think that in this case the matchmaking was +/- ok.
    Ironically OP which was complaining about it did win the round, ehm, yes, nothing more to add. :#
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining