RG 4* or Poe 6*

My current lineup is QGJ, Rey, Dooku, GS, Poe. I do very well. Everyone is 7* except Poe who is only 6*. I have RG at 4* and RG has more health than Poe. I'm wondering if 4* RG is better than 6* Poe with my lineup.

I have future plans for Ashoka as well, but she's only 3* At the moment. Farming her full force in cantina shipments now.
Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information

Replies

• Options
    Wow. I'd definitely try RG in that role. He seems better suited to your lineup. And if he has higher health at 4 stars (!) that speaks for itself. Let us know how it goes.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    I feel RG is better. I like his stun (more than Poe's expose which hardly procs anymore on offense).
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I feel RG is better. I like his stun (more than Poe's expose which hardly procs anymore on offense).

I know what you mean about stun. Although if he's targeted first he won't get a stun off. But if he's targeted first then he's doing his job!
  • Options
    If they target RG first your Rey, GS, QGJ can go to town on them. View the stun as just a bonus.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    What I feel so far from using RG in arena (I started at 4*) is that if he gets called on the QGJ or GS assist (and thus very low damage, so it feels disappointing), he can at least get his stun in early. If another unit gets attacked, he gains turn meter and can throw in his stun also early in the battle. It can get resisted of course, but that's RNG :)
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    What I feel so far from using RG in arena (I started at 4*) is that if he gets called on the QGJ or GS assist (and thus very low damage, so it feels disappointing), he can at least get his stun in early. If another unit gets attacked, he gains turn meter and can throw in his stun also early in the battle. It can get resisted of course, but that's RNG :)

The other option is running without a taunter. Instead of RG I could throw in 86 for more assist and more damage, he's just a little slow. Once I have Ashoka and Yoda I can try them out.

Maybe I'll play with 86 and RG and see who works better
  • Options
    RG is the better choice but if only 4* I would go Poe. 5* max gear will work for him, 4 is a bit low.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The best is play with both characters, with Poe and RG in the same team, as I have checked in this topic:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/20150/royal-guard-and-poe-in-the-same-team-strategy-against-teams-with-qgj-yoda-and-rey

A nice team that can improve my current team (Lumi (L), GS, IG-86, Poe & RG) would be play with Poe as leader, then resistance allies gain 25% offense and 15% potency, and play with Rey and GS, then Rey will be very hard and Poe will be better in the assist of Geonosian Soldier, improving from 3K to 4K. So the team would be Poe (L), GS, Rey, Lumi and RG. Also another option is play without Lumi and use Resistance Pilot, with the +25% offense and +15% potency the special ability is 25% better than IG-86, so he can deal damages of around 10K, without need assistance, and the basic attack is 36% better than IG-86, and with the +25% offense is 70% better, so Resistance Pilot can deal damages of around 9K with his basic attack. With the +25% offense and +15% potency Resistance Pilot and Rey are better than IG-86, but not better than GS, so the only doubt is if without Luminara the team is viable in the Arena.

Soon I will have Resistance Pilot with 7 stars and gear 8, but I will get 4* Rey in 3 days, so with only 4 stars is easy to kill by GS, but thanks to Royal Guard maybe the taunt is activated before GS, specially if the opponent have QGJ as leader and Yoda, if the enemy don't have QGJ and Yoda it's easy that GS kill Rey, and also QGJ can kill Rey, so I prefer continue using IG-86 that can resist the special ability of QGJ and then the taunt is activated and Luminara can heal IG-86.

Generally, Royal Guard is better in the fast teams that don't need the ability of Poe to reduce a 25% of the turn meter, but in a team with Poggle (L), GS, IG-86 and Kylo Ren, for example, is better use Poe, because then IG-86 and Kylo Ren can play before Luminara, IG-88, IG-86, FOTP, Resistance Pilot, etc., and it's an advantage kill Luminara before he can play, but in a team as QGJ (L), Yoda, Rey and Dooku, is better Royal Guard, because the taunt will be activated if the GS enemy can't kill a character in the first hit, or if the first hit deals more than 50% damage, then the taunt of RG is activated, and in this case you don't need the turn meter reduction.

https://youtu.be/DGkukPOT8pw