GA Rewards nerfed?

Daishi
718 posts Member
GA is the only decent source for 6E slicing materials, so I'm hyper sensitive to the shorting of those in rewards. I wanted to point out what I've noticed.

Heres the math that I see.

Previously round rewards were 6E slicing materials. 12 for a win, 6 for a loss (iirc). So if you win all 3 rounds you would get 36 gold slicing mats. Now first place (3 wins) gets 25, 2-4 (2 wins) gets 20.

Meaning 1st place is 11 slicing mats less, 2-4 is 10 less (12 per win and 6 for loss=30)

Now also remember we get 4 every 5 weeks, instead of 4 every month. Meaning we go from 48/year down to 42/year. So each GA shorting 11, and losing 6 a year, it means yearly 6E slicing material for first place GA goes from
OLD (48 GA x 36/GA) = 1728
NEW (42 GA x 25/GA)= 1050

Replies

• Options
    But CG promised this is better for the community. You are proving them to be wrong.

Or could it be this just an exhibition mode and not the actual game mode with more rewards? Wait until the actual game mode is released to make a decision like this.
  • Options
    But CG promised this is better for the community. You are proving them to be wrong.

Or could it be this just an exhibition mode and not the actual game mode with more rewards? Wait until the actual game mode is released to make a decision like this.

The point of the exhibition mode is to find deficiencies in the system. Keeping your mouth shut and just expecting them to make it right is the absolute worst thing you can do.

This guy broke it all down and showed the deficiency he found with no poor language, hate, or anger. Just the facts.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Kantouch wrote: »

The point of the exhibition mode is to find deficiencies in the system. Keeping your mouth shut and just expecting them to make it right is the absolute worst thing you can do.

This guy broke it all down and showed the deficiency he found with no poor language, hate, or anger. Just the facts.

Okay cool, but they haven’t shown us the true rewards yet, which they said they were building up to.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »

Previously round rewards were 6E slicing materials. 12 for a win, 6 for a loss (iirc). So if you win all 3 rounds you would get 36 gold slicing mats. Now first place (3 wins) gets 25, 2-4 (2 wins) gets 20.

Meaning 1st place is 11 slicing mats less, 2-4 is 10 less (12 per win and 6 for loss=30)

You're looking at the Event rewards.....not the Round Rewards. They are two different things. We've always had the slicing mats as part of the Event Rewards and also gotten winner/loser amounts of slicing mats as Round rewards.
  • Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Kantouch wrote: »

Okay cool, but they haven’t shown us the true rewards yet, which they said they were building up to.

What makes you think these aren’t the true rewards? Where have they ever said that????

Here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206819/exhibition-gac-rewards-and-beyond#latest

And here is the except:
    NOTE: As Crumb mentioned in the TU16, Grand Arena Championships & “Exhibition” Championships Schedule post the "rewards and progression speed will not be final." and these may change when we get out of the Exhibition series.
  • Options
    Key is 'may' that doesn't mean they will change either so there's a good reason to raise concerns about the rewards as they are right now.
  • Faffyd
    38 posts Member
    Options
    "May" could mean they will reduce the rewards!
  • Options
    Faffyd wrote: »
    "May" could mean they will reduce the rewards!

That's usually what it means with these cg
  • Options
    May change means it could stay same or be reduced.

In the 3.5 years of this game it has never once meant more rewards.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I know rewards may change. However by removing any round rewards except for progression points towards advancement and adding a reduced amount to the final GA rewards it is a hidden nerf. Now possibly they will still give slicing materials as round rewards AND bonus mats for end of GA rewards. However when I look at it, it seems to only reward progression towards league advancement at the end of the round.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Lol when rewards increase you all owe me a dollar. I’ll apologize if I’m wrong.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah the lack of rewards between battles will hurt my mod progression.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I hope they put back Mk II slicing material again
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    As far as I was concerned those round rewards were THE best thing from GA rewards. Not sure I understand the reason for this.

Maybe we will get them in the final reward for each bracket?

I dont say this often, but if those were just flat removed, I strongly disagree with this change.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Right now the round rewards are just more GAC points. Perhaps going up to higher leagues will result in much larger quantities of these slicing mats for successful players. Let's see what the championship rewards look like after this exhibition round finishes.
  • Options
    You are getting less zetas and omegas too. So far GAC has worse rewards in all ways than regular GA
  • Options
    Mod battles NEVER failed me
  • Options
    You are getting less zetas and omegas too. So far GAC has worse rewards in all ways than regular GA

EA is only good for palette swap rehashes. How many identical capital ships do we need? Brunettes with blasters? Grenade tossing t u r d s? Halo 7 troops? Han after Han after Han? Wookie over wookie? Jedi with the same aoe? The saga continues.
  • Options
    I don't think it's a "hidden nerf", just a trade off. Previously GA only gave you ability and slicing material. GAC gives you less of those rewards, but also brings in a new currency to purchase salvage that was only in HSTR previously. Finishing off G12 is going to be the "thing" moving forward; purchasing raid salvage and G12 finisher pieces is important.