All things to all people.

Vombatidae
43 posts Member
edited June 2019
...is what SWGOH wants to be, or at least that's how it appears to me. It's not possible, though. Take GTB and GAC for example.

Personally, I love GTB. I want to play a game with that sort of thing. I despise GAC. I freely admit I'm not that good at it... because I despise it, not the other way around. I don't target my build toward PVP, I don't pay attention to the theory-crafter podcasts, the mod farming optimization spreadsheets, or any of that. It's too much like work and sucks the fun right out of the game ... For me. For some, it's the other way around. Which is fine.

Problem is, to get better at the fun side of the game, you pretty much have to play the half you don't like. (Yes, this will draw fanboy hate, and vacuous comments about being happy with the corner of the game you do like; but I don't care, I'm just trying to provide general feedback to CG, not start another fluffers v. sandbaggers flame war.) Anyway, that's not an accident, it's built that way on purpose, to drive participation and spending. It's been a mess ever since mods were first introduced, but GA/GAC has been a new low in this trend.

I have been here since a few weeks after launch, and I will hang around to see the fallout, but I think I'm done, because for me, the game has no focus, it's just a mishmash of content.

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I think what you’re looking for is a real story mode. Like a purpose.

That is one of the areas of the game that there is a significant lack of. It’s very unfortunate.

For me, though, collecting all the characters is the goal. That’s what I set out to do from day one. CG makes it a challenge for F2P players like me, but I’ll get there someday. Because eventually certain characters will be so obscure that they are just not worth collecting.
  • Options
    A real story mode would be fantastic. I've seen too many games where they stick a cutscene (or even just a block of text) between arbitrary battles and call it story mode, but it can be done well
  • Vombatidae
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Mods are literally the only way to diversify the game.

I have to disagree. The game did (and still does) need diversification, but there are many ways to do that. The main aspect of mods I dislike is that it is gacha farming, and the only reason to resort that is to drive revenue.
    Post edited by Vombatidae on
  • Options
    I think GAC isn't as critical as CG made it out to be when they first introduced it. It was going to be one of 2 places to get the sweet new G12 finishers, so everyone was getting all hot and bothered about doing well. Then, they decided to make G12 finishers available with normal energy nodes...so there's not really anything special about GAC currency anyway. If you're not a fan, take heart, it's not that crucial to the game.
  • Options
    Bringing Revan in ruined the game for me completely. Too many players jumping on the bandwagon, farming what is clearly the best, ignoring, being forced to ignore playing with what you want, or face consistent defeat and removal from a guild.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Bringing Revan in ruined the game for me completely. Too many players jumping on the bandwagon, farming what is clearly the best, ignoring, being forced to ignore playing with what you want, or face consistent defeat and removal from a guild.

That wasn't my experience. I got by with JTR droids, and now padme. I'm not back in top 50 quite yet, but I am enjoying myself.

I actually have revan, but never used him in arena....haven't even bothered to gear or zeta jolee... i just like going against the meta.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

That wasn't my experience. I got by with JTR droids, and now padme. I'm not back in top 50 quite yet, but I am enjoying myself.

I actually have revan, but never used him in arena....haven't even bothered to gear or zeta jolee... i just like going against the meta.

Not a good idea but when you gotta prove a point, I respect it.

Agreed... Jolee is on my short list now, but not for arena. I'm not advocating that my strategy is better...just pointing out that I'm enjoying myself playing the way I want.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Not a good idea but when you gotta prove a point, I respect it.

Agreed... Jolee is on my short list now, but not for arena. I'm not advocating that my strategy is better...just pointing out that I'm enjoying myself playing the way I want.

Tbh I just Zetad jolee because I know how much suffering its brought me so I wanted to give that pain to others.

I get this. It will definitely be a defense squad.